• "Yes I do!"

Votes: 127 59.6%
  • "It's not a mustang! It's a Cobra"

Votes: 86 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

postalbunny

Established Member
usually just call it a mustang... it seems to attract enough attention as it is. Too many people get "Cobra" confused shelby cobra's.

Spoolx

Established Member
Haha ya the SRT4-ers are bad for that. I know it is a mustang. Just wondering if people get excited to say "Its a Cobra." I think thats something to be proud of.

Its a car, a car with little value at that.. not really something to be proud of.. I mean I love my car but most soccer moms are driving cars more valuable

Deric

Established Member
Its a car, a car with little value at that.. not really something to be proud of.. I mean I love my car but most soccer moms are driving cars more valuable

I am not worried about the value. To me it doesnt matter if it cost little or a lot. I mean the idea of the cobra, and knowing enough about cars to the point where you can appreciate the differences. Not that one is better than the other, but each car has its following. From neons to cavaliers to ferraris. Just wondering if people are proud of being a "Cobra" guy or if you leave it at a mustang. Yes it is a mustang, but some people like to specify, at least those who are car guys and really love their car.

I like what people are saying though:

1- To the average person we call it a mustang.
2- to car guys it is a cobra

Last edited:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
"Its a cobra, and it will never go down in value. Its the most desired mustang evar!! Don't call it "termi" or we'll get upset. It out handles and is faster than any newer mustang including the new Boss. I will never sell it, having 600rwhp and street racing with Vin Diesel is my life."

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Haha ya the SRT4-ers are bad for that. I know it is a mustang. Just wondering if people get excited to say "Its a Cobra." I think thats something to be proud of.

I just vomited in my mouth, ty!:poke:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
"Yes I do!"

If they find out later on that it is a little bit more than that, that's OK too.
The next conversation if it is about the car being a Cobra not just a Mustang, will be of an entirely different nature since I sand bagged the whole deal, and they brought it back up.

Depending on the questions, I will find out what they know about cars in general and also Mustang knowledge.

If they ask how much that paint job cost,:nonono: that will tell me they are just casual observers and not really that deep into the Ford gear head scene.

I am not going to bury everyone I talk to about the car, with every last detail.

If I get a question similar to... "you put Brembos on this thing?", Or.."Has it been pullied?", then I pretty much know I can get into the nitty gritty with that person and they will understand most of it.

John Q Averageguy normally doesn't know one Mustang from the next let alone the differences between all the Mustang Cobras.
I'm with JSC. I just scratch the surface until the next guy wants to go deeper into gear head nirvana, then i will be his tour guide. :rolling:

jlbush

Established Member
A woman I work with informed me the other day at the office, the mail guy came to make his rounds and asked her 'who owned the sick Mustang'. To which she replied 'its not a MUSTANG its a COBRA' lol she was all proud to tell me she corrected him =)

Where is this woman you speak of! That's my type of girl! lol

Im fine with either. It when people say "oh its just a mustang" in a disrespectful way...thats what pisses me off.

Yeah same here!

I will sometimes make it a point to say it's a cobra and sometimes even make it a point to say the year, but that's just to mainly see if the person knows what the difference is with the 03/04s...However, it really depends on who I'm talking to because some people could care less and have no idea the difference so why waste your breathe...But if I whoop somebody pretty good and they have a shocked look I tell him it's just a mustang with a little 281 in it! ;-)

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
I just tell them it's the Arnold Schwarzenegger edition Mustang.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Im fine with either. It when people say "oh its just a mustang" in a disrespectful way...thats what pisses me off.

See I love it when people say crap like this. And if they have no clue about cars I really find it comedic. But I am also one of those people that severely under-sales my car. I tell them it's just a mustang. If they ask more I tell them its a 2003. If they intrigue again, they find out it's blue. Usually by this point people stop questioning. And for some reason I think it's funny. Lol

But now on the other hand if they say something along the lines of "oh it's just a mustang" and they actually have some sort of car, I play along it a little different. Yea it's just a mustang, your corvette would beat me all over the road but who knows maybe I'll get [I[lucky[/I] Haha

Yes I am aware I am an asshole. haha

Users who are viewing this thread