Votes: 127 59.6%
  • "It's not a mustang! It's a Cobra"

Votes: 86 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
Well, I get allot of compliments because of my paint job and body kit. If someone likes the car enough to come up to me and say something but calls it a mustang i feel that I should atleast let them know what they are looking at. If they seem to know a bit about cars ill tell them what it's got under the hood.

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
I say Cobra to my girlfriend and her friends and mustang to the guys who I don't care about. Terminator should of been an option.

BladeX10

Established Member
Oh and the srt4 guys dont like it when you go up to them and say 'nice neon', But its so funny because they will give you a 10 min speech explaining how its not a neon.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Those who care recognize it as a Cobra - for the rest of the people it's just a Mustang. What is funny is my wife drives an 11 year old MB. People will look at her and think she paid a fortune for it based on the comments they make (even though in reality we paid next to nothing for it 5 years ago). Those same people look at my "Mustang" and don't think anything of it.

Slow99x

Established Member
I have never considered myself a "Mustang" guy. I have owned 2 Cobras, a 99 and my current 03. I will never buy a GT of any year, even the new 5 point slow (yes I know they can be fast). I like the look of the 03/04 Mach 1 but why would you own one when you can buy a Cobra?

SlowLNF

Established Member
I used to point out that it's a Cobra but now I don't bring it up. If someone says "It's just a mustang" then I say "Yes it is, so let's run."

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
"Yes I do!"

If they find out later on that it is a little bit more than that, that's OK too.
The next conversation if it is about the car being a Cobra not just a Mustang, will be of an entirely different nature since I sand bagged the whole deal, and they brought it back up.

Depending on the questions, I will find out what they know about cars in general and also Mustang knowledge.

If they ask how much that paint job cost,:nonono: that will tell me they are just casual observers and not really that deep into the Ford gear head scene.

I am not going to bury everyone I talk to about the car, with every last detail.

If I get a question similar to... "you put Brembos on this thing?", Or.."Has it been pullied?", then I pretty much know I can get into the nitty gritty with that person and they will understand most of it.

John Q Averageguy normally doesn't know one Mustang from the next let alone the differences between all the Mustang Cobras.
QFT

I call it a Cobra to most anybody, unless I can tell they know their stuff and then its a Terminator.

Half the local car guys call it either-or. A few just call it a Mustang.

A woman I work with informed me the other day at the office, the mail guy came to make his rounds and asked her 'who owned the sick Mustang'. To which she replied 'its not a MUSTANG its a COBRA' lol she was all proud to tell me she corrected him =)
nice :D

It's a FORD MUSTANG COBRA. Anybody that denies that or cries about ANYBODY calling it a Mustang is a typical 'holier than thou' Cobra owner.
its not a holier than thou thing for most of us just just being proud of your car now !!! their is some of those but most of us are not like this !

It's a Mustang. Let the SRT4 kiddies deny the fact that they own a Neon.
:lol1: :D :D

Haha ya the SRT4-ers are bad for that. I know it is a mustang. Just wondering if people get excited to say "Its a Cobra." I think thats something to be proud of.

I'm with JSC. I just scratch the surface until the next guy wants to go deeper into gear head nirvana, then i will be his tour guide. :rolling:
same here :rockon:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
It's a Mustang. Let the SRT4 kiddies deny the fact that they own a Neon.

Speaking of this is hilarious to me haha because of how true it is. I always say it around my friend cause he gets SO MAD. Its a neon bro, clean cut.

OP, I usually just say " Yeah. " If I'm asked I say Mustang Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread