03 cobra vs 300 z who wins?

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
I'm going to race my friends 300 z from a roll. I'm pushing 495 rwhp and 484 rwtq and he's pushing 465 rwhp and 445 rwtq. He's a lot lighter and I might have a passenger. Do you guys think I can take him? He's also running on 19' wheels.

cbr repsol

Established Member
it may be lighter but, i dont see his motor having the topend that a terminator will. im sure youll get him unless u cant drive. if u cant ill take him for u, your not to far away...lol

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
Well my passenger weighs 200lbs and we are going to do a couple pulls on the way to racers edge on saturday. His Z is pretty bad ass and he already smoked my friends 2011 aston martin.

mach1033

Established Member
I assume he has a turbo or turbo's? I would do a dig race. A roll race will be in his favor considering he is lighter than you. I raced a turbo nismo Z and those Fckers move.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Yes he is turbo'd and his set up is legit...We'll see what happens...

TT 300Zs move on the top end. I had one. This is going to be a close one. It's going to come down to the drivers. Make sure both cars have a passenger to make it fair.

SVTDice

Established Member
Honesly, Lose the jack and spare tire, That will help a bit. It will be close though.

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
Yes, the weight is my biggest worry right now but it should come down to see who shifts better. Win or lose I'll keep u guys updated. We are suppose to go to dyno day on sat at racers edge and he just might put his car on the dyno.

dsmith26

Established Member
If the rice wins, you are no longer welcome here. lol j/k

Do what weight reduction you can and drive it like you stole it. Let us know what happens either way! Good Luck!

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
I'll let you guys know how it goes. He has a lot invested in his car and everything has been done right. It doesn't really look like your average Z. I'll try and get video but its probably going to be sh***y because it will be from a cell phone. Do you guys think I should start from 2nd to 3rd? or go from 3rd to 4th from a roll? I haven't done a roll race or any kind of race in quite some time so I'm definitely going to be rusty...

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
i have heard that a 2nd gear take off is our best at 45mph i think. I like the way it feels from that mph and 2nd gear. GL OP! Cant wait to see this!

JMD0346

Established Member
His peak numbers are close to yours but Id imagine under the curve you murder him. You probably make what he PEAKS across most of the powr band in TQ.

From a 2nd gear roll I say you leave him sitting stiil. He'll more than likely stop your pull at some point but itll be too late. Make sure you powershift it.

Good luck.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
You should be able to take him if you're a good driver, it will be close. Remember you have the instant torque, so you should jump out hard on him, and if you're ahead I doubt he has a chance of catching you, especially after you shift into 4th (my 4th gear is nuts on my car) Start from a 2nd gear roll around 45-50 if u have stock gears, thats the best range to go form

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i have heard that a 2nd gear take off is our best at 45mph i think. I like the way it feels from that mph and 2nd gear. GL OP! Cant wait to see this!

I have to pedal a second gear hit no matter what mile per hour it is. I would go up in smoke at 45 if I used an abrupt application of WOT. I am not running drag radial or R comp tires though.

A little different power band but 3rd gear is REALLY FUN in mine!

Get's extremely illegal in a hurry.:p

Users who are viewing this thread