03 cobra vs 300 z who wins?

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I raced a turbo z from a roll and ripped him a new one in my upper/i/e 03... That was a 350 though.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Should be fine if you can drive... I would loss the passenger though.

serper3

Established Member
I have to pedal a second gear hit no matter what mile per hour it is. I would go up in smoke at 45 if I used an abrupt application of WOT. I am not running drag radial or R comp tires though.

A little different power band but 3rd gear is REALLY FUN in mine!

Get's extremely illegal in a hurry.:p

this.
street tires and second gear wot usually involves getting sideways.

i like to go 60 from 3rd. it IS lower in the rpms, but i find most cars, especially asian cars, need to shift a bunch more times than we do..
you can easily carry 3rd to 110-115ish, so this way u only maybe need to go into 4th maybe if its close, (usually it isnt :rockon:). this elimates driver error and time wastedr with the 2-3 shift, as well as spinning possibly in second, and at especially if you shift hard into 3rd, super easy to spin them.

also, if its inevitable for you to carry a passenger, tell him that you guys should go on your hit, to give you the tiny edge.

Hawwk11

Established Member
I had a 300zx TT until about 3 years ago i sold it and with the right turbos and tune they can be pretty darn fast. I deffinately wouldnt go out there thinking it will be a piece of cake. I was smoking pretty much everything i came across on the road with no problems and this was with stock turbos and 14 Lbs. of boost.

GL.

Hawwk11

Established Member
Here ya go just for reference bro...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMxSdAaMC8"]300zx vs cobra.wmv - YouTube[/nomedia]

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
this.
street tires and second gear wot usually involves getting sideways.

i like to go 60 from 3rd. it IS lower in the rpms, but i find most cars, especially asian cars, need to shift a bunch more times than we do..
you can easily carry 3rd to 110-115ish, so this way u only maybe need to go into 4th maybe if its close, (usually it isnt :rockon:). this elimates driver error and time wastedr with the 2-3 shift, as well as spinning possibly in second, and at especially if you shift hard into 3rd, super easy to spin them.

also, if its inevitable for you to carry a passenger, tell him that you guys should go on your hit, to give you the tiny edge.

I might try that..thanks for the info..we are going to do about 3 runs so I'll do the first one from 2nd and see how it goes..

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
I had a 300zx TT until about 3 years ago i sold it and with the right turbos and tune they can be pretty darn fast. I deffinately wouldnt go out there thinking it will be a piece of cake. I was smoking pretty much everything i came across on the road with no problems and this was with stock turbos and 14 Lbs. of boost.

GL.

His car is real bad ass...he has serious money invested in that car..its show and go but done right, not all riced out...apparently his set up is from Japan..I'll post pics of his engine and car after this weekend, I just hope I can take him with my mods...ported blower, pullies, tune, chip and exhaust which put down 495, 484 but that was at my cars peak...his car put down around 466, 444..I'll try and find a pic and post it...

mach1033

Established Member

GL.

What kind of power were you putting to the ground? For you to beat a stock 03/04 Cobra like that I would guess over 400rwhp?

Last edited:

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
Here ya go just for reference bro...

300zx vs cobra.wmv - YouTube

Just saw the video..his car looks identical to that one..his turbos are not stock, basically nothing under his hood is stock and he is currently on 16lbs of boost according to him and I'm on 13 or 14..can't remember...what numbers were both cars putting down?

Last edited:

Hawwk11

Established Member
His car is real bad ass...he has serious money invested in that car..its show and go but done right, not all riced out...apparently his set up is from Japan..I'll post pics of his engine and car after this weekend, I just hope I can take him with my mods...ported blower, pullies, tune, chip and exhaust which put down 495, 484 but that was at my cars peak...his car put down around 466, 444..I'll try and find a pic and post it...
Gotcha! Well good luck to you bro, i have always loved your car since i joined here. Youre not that far away from me either im in Diamond Bar. GL to you man and hopefully you feed your snake some 300z for lunch :beer:

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
Here's a pic of his car:
299905_267588973267604_100000495109254_1097383_5158509_n.jpg

292815_267587933267708_100000495109254_1097380_707003_n.jpg

Last edited:

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
Gotcha! Well good luck to you bro, i have always loved your car since i joined here. Youre not that far away from me either im in Diamond Bar. GL to you man and hopefully you feed your snake some 300z for lunch :beer:

Thanks, but I'm not taking his Z lightly at all, hopefully I can get some decent video, but with a camera phone I don't really expect to..

Users who are viewing this thread