**GEN-3 Killer Chiller GB**

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Gen-3 KC GB

Our new gen-3 Terminator kits are on sale right now for $685.00, but If I can get 10 or more signed up, then we'll do this for $550.00 shipped! (only in the lower 48). If you live outside of the lower 48, then shipping will be through USPS and calculated accordingly.

These are redesigned for better in-cab & charge cooling, and incorporates the new upgrade orifice tube and low profile A/C fittings. The new core assy has the A/C fittings on the bottom for improved oil return and less restriction for better flow. Both the suction line and liquid line A/C hoses come with the evaporator and condenser fittings already installed, making this kit one of our easiest to install!

Here are some of the proven benefits:

1) takes advantage of your A/C to provide you with ice cold intercooler fluid.

2) prevents power fade and timing retard due to heat soak.

3) Allows you to run more boost and timing on pump gas.

4) Slightly increases supercharger efficiency.

Please e-mail me your shipping info, (screen name) and contact number. Note: I cannot put you on the list till I receive your info, so please e-mail me if you want in on this deal. I will keep this GB open till the end of this month (05/31/12)...maybe longer, depending on how this GB goes.

EDIT: (07/26) - We just finished building 10 more kits to finish up with this GB. We should have 6 of these kits left at the GB price, so if you're interested please e-mail me your info.

Thanks,
Joe

Here's our e-mail > [email protected]

Link to Cobra KC installation > http://www.killerchiller.com/cobra_instructions_v10_files/KC_Instructions_03Cobra.pdf

Video of reservoir temps.
[youtube_browser]BR7kYFf_MaU[/youtube_browser]

This video illustrates down stream temps with the KC on/KC off. - Note: The quality is not the greatest but it makes the point. In the video you'll see down stream temps with the KC turned on, and then turned off while cruising. Average IAT-2 temps were reduced by 60 degrees using the KC system.

[youtube_browser]_etTIzWR-bs[/youtube_browser]

For those of you getting in on this deal, consider using Industrial 12a for the refrigerant recharge. Here's the info on ENVIRO-SAFE ES-12A > How efficient is ENVIRO-SAFE

If you decide to order, get the Industrial 12a, It's better than the regular ES-12a, and should be charged under a full vacuum. I worked out a deal with the owner for free shipping on the 6 packs. Make note in the comment section "please give me the free shipping under the Kincaid Performance deal".

Go to the link below and scroll down to where it says "introducing our newer Industrial 12a in a can"
Enviro-Safe Refrigerants

This is not a Cobra, but you can see the awesome job he did insulating the IC lines and tank...you don't have to do this, but it will increase the overall efficiency. You can get this insulation at any hardware store for about 2-3 bucks a stick.

[youtube_browser]askw21vvovw[/youtube_browser]

**HOW TO RECHARGE YOUR A/C SYSTEM**

After you install the kit you will need to pull a full vacuum. If you have an air compressor you can pick up a vacuum pump at Harbor freight for 15 bucks. You can also pick up the manifold gauge set for 50 bucks. Here's what you do.

Connect the red hose to the high side port and the blue hose to the low side port (open both valves on the manifold gauge set). Connect the yellow hose to the vacuum pump, and start your air compressor. Once you've pulled down a full vacuum close both valves (red & blue).

You'll then screw on a 2 ounce can of pag oil to the yellow hose. (Open the blue valve only!) After it pulls in all of the oil, close the blue valve and screw on a can of refrigerant. (Open the blue valve only!) and let it pull in the full can of refrigerant. Once it's empty close the blue valve.

Start the engine and turn on the A/C. Screw in the second can of refrigerant and open the blue valve. let it pull in all of the refrigerant. Once the second can is empty close the blue valve. Keep adding refrigerant to you see 2.5-2.8 X ambient air temp on the high side gauge. So if it's 90 degrees out, multiply it by 2.5 = 225 psi on the high side.

You can pick up a 2 ounce can of pag oil at any automotive parts store.

Here's the info on the vacuum pump.
Vacuum Pump with R134A and R12 Connectors

Here's the info on the manifold gauge set.
A/C Manifold Gauge Set

Thanks!
Joe

Here's the list so far:

1) Chongoculo
2) Lstruck03
3) Danno44
4) SVTP member
5) 03Snake04
6) Turbo96'Cobra
7) *Jay*
8) supraman1990
9) mobius
10) Termilvr
11) black-plasma
12) hardrockinamigo
13) streetone01
14) carguy929
15) nxs450
16) 04Solidsnake
17) SVTJOE123
18) jojomofo21
19) Black Ven0m
20) 03GTGreen
21) fbody83

Last edited:

Intervention302

Established Member
Couple noob questions...

1. You're still able to use this with your AC? Or do you somehow have to choose between AC or KC?

2. This kit works only with the stock heat exchanger? Am I out of luck on my Fluidyne?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Couple noob questions...

1. You're still able to use this with your AC? Or do you somehow have to choose between AC or KC?

2. This kit works only with the stock heat exchanger? Am I out of luck on my Fluidyne?

1. Yes, though you can get an option to turn the cab air off.

2. It works with an aftermarket h/e, but stock ones put less heat into the system coolant while cruising.

KC FAQs-> FAQ

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
So let's break it down a bit, how many more degrees of timing can you run?
Can you run, say 19 lbs of boos with 93 octaine?
Try to put a number on hp gain with this kit.. Thanks

Also with the kit, the air will be running 100% of the time?
A/c in vehicle will still blow cold? Correct...

Last edited:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Couple noob questions...

As Jimmy indicated, it'll work fine with an HE, but the IC fluid will be close to 32 degrees pre-IC if you run no HE at all. If you're looking to get the most out of this kit and still retain your HE, then go with this bypass valve > Stainless Steel 3-Way Ball Valve 3/4" SS 316 T-Port | eBay

- Joe

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I installed the Gen 2 kit on my car recently and the Texas heat is already hitting! I love the KC kit. Works fantastic! Gen 2 kit was a fairly easy install; I bet this kit can be installed in 4 hrs if you have half a brain.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
So what's different between this kit and the one I bought in the last GB a few months ago? I have yet to install it.

^^^ +1 I also bought gen 2 with drag pack option. Still sitting in the garage. What is the difference between gen 2 and gen 3 kit?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
So what's different between this kit and the one I bought in the last GB a few months ago? I have yet to install it.

The one in the last GB was really a gen-2.5, because we hadn't completed the new lines making it the gen-3 kit. The gen-3 kit has the evaporator, and condenser fittings pre-assembled to the A/C hoses.

So let's break it down a bit, how many more degrees of timing can you run?
Can you run, say 19 lbs of boos with 93 octaine?
Try to put a number on hp gain with this kit.. Thanks

Also with the kit, the air will be running 100% of the time?
A/c in vehicle will still blow cold? Correct...

Correct, you'll have to engage the A/C if you want the active cooling. The kit will give you back the power you normally lose to IC heat soak. 40HP is typical, and it could be more depending on your setup.

We did a Cobra here with a 2.3 Whipple @ 23 pound of boost. Before the kit it would pull 3-4 degrees of timing. Once we installed the kit He had no more problems with timing being pulled.

- Joe

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
The one in the last GB was really a gen-2.5, because we hadn't completed the new lines making it the gen-3 kit. The gen-3 kit has the evaporator, and condenser fittings pre-assembled to the A/C hoses.

Correct, you'll have to engage the A/C if you want the active cooling. The kit will give you back the power you normally lose to IC heat soak. 40HP is typical, and it could be more depending on your setup.

We did a Cobra here with a 2.3 Whipple @ 23 pound of boost. Before the kit it would pull 3-4 degrees of timing. Once we installed the kit He had no more problems with timing being pulled.

- Joe

I was wondering if i can exchange the lines I have now for the newer version? That will help ease the installation of the killer chiller kit.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I was wondering if i can exchange the lines I have now for the newer version? That will help ease the installation of the killer chiller kit.

Give me a call this Monday, and I'll see what I can work out for you. 505-275-2665

- Joe

J.Kincaid

Established Member
^^^ +1 I also bought gen 2 with drag pack option. Still sitting in the garage. What is the difference between gen 2 and gen 3 kit?

Sorry snakerider, I didn't mean to skip over you. In your case the gen-3 kit wouldn't make any difference, since you have the drag kit. The drag kit is a parallel kit, whereas the gen-3 is an in-series kit. (Two totally different kits.)

- Joe

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Do you still use the factory cooler pump on this kit?

Yes.

Whats the difference in cab temps?

If the kit is installed correctly, and the A/C is charged correctly, then there should be no more than a 5~7 degrees difference. If you insulate all your lines, and bypass the HE, then you'll see hardily any difference if at all.

I've had my kit for many many years now, and my in-cab cooling feels nice and cold.

- Joe

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Whats the GB price on the drag kit?

I'm trying to work out a deal with my suppliers on the parts and materials. The drag kit is a slow mover, so we don't stock very many kits. As a result the kits are pricey. Once I can lock down a better deal, I'll do a GB for the drag kit upgrade, both for new and existing customers.

- Joe

04svtsnke

Established Member
Great deal guys! Have my gen 2 drag pack installed and it works flawlessly. Joe has been SO helpful as well with any questions I've had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread