**GEN-3 Killer Chiller GB**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
damn, I bought one in the last GB, how much further benefit is there to this one?

And can I just remove my heat exchanger if I always have my AC on and never turn it off? My cobra is a daily driver in humid Houston heat and anything to keep the blower cool, I'm interested in

moddedmystic

Established Member
Looks like a good deal. I couldnt find the price for the drag kit on your web site?
How many people would you need to get signed up for a GB on the drag kit?!?
~Mark
:beer:

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
What would you guess the install time would be on the new gen 3? Not counting evac.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I want in!

I got your e-mail. I'll add you to the list.

Thanks!
Joe

I just installed a water / meth injection system in my car to cool intake charge temps, increase octane and timing. I'm wondering if there's any benefit to me getting this too.

Joe do you have a link to the installation instructions? I'd like to look at the step by step and see exactly what's involved.

EDIT - found it http://www.killerchiller.com/cobra_instructions_v10_files/KC_Instructions_03Cobra.pdf

Thanks
Malcolm

A lot of our customers run the KC in conjunction with water/meth injection. You can run a really aggressive setup with this combo.

- Joe

damn, I bought one in the last GB, how much further benefit is there to this one?

And can I just remove my heat exchanger if I always have my AC on and never turn it off? My cobra is a daily driver in humid Houston heat and anything to keep the blower cool, I'm interested in

There's not a whole lot of difference between this one and the last one. The last GB was for the gen-2.5. It was supposed to be the gen-3, but we hadn't finished with the new lines. The gen-2.5 has the new core assy, updated orifice tube, and the #10 return line. The gen-3 has the same as above except the lines are all pre-fitted with the new beadlock fittings for a little easier install.

- Joe

very interested if 10 or more get in on this.

when would the money be due?

So far we have 5 members signed up, maybe 6.

I can work with you if you need a little time, just let me know.

- Joe

Looks like a good deal. I couldnt find the price for the drag kit on your web site?
How many people would you need to get signed up for a GB on the drag kit?!?
~Mark
:beer:

There's a lot more parts involved in the drag kit. I'm working with my suppliers to get a better deal. Right now the DG is an extra $375.00. As soon as I can hammer out a better deal I'll let everyone know.

- Joe

J. Kincaid- I pm'ed you, let me know.

Will do.

What would you guess the install time would be on the new gen 3? Not counting evac.

I'd say on average maybe 3-4 hours.

- Joe

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
I bought one for my lightning back in 09 and love it. One of the best mods you can do.

When I get a termi it will be one of the first things I do to it.

Thanks for a great product Joe.

For those of you wondering about its effectiveness. I can tell you about when I raced my friend in his lightning which didnt have a KC. We were both about even with him pulling me on the top end for the first 2 passes. Then on the 3rd pass I got ahead and stayed ahead and to my surprise was still slightly pulling away. We both wondered WTF then realized it was probably the KC. So we pulled over touched his fluid (which damn near burn my hand after 3 back to back races to 120mph) then we touched mine (which was mild/warm after 3 back to back races) after 4 minutes of idling with the AC on my fluid was like ice water while his was of course still hot. And remember its hard to stuff ice at the light when that Chevy pulls up next to you

cobrav8281

Rippin' Gears Out
Established Member
I have a 2011 GT500. Would this kit work on it or would I need a different one? If I coukd do the group buy in price, I'd buy one. Let me know. Pm me if you could. Thanks

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
does this come with a gauge for the reservoir temp or is there an option for it? thought I saw that somewhere...

I may be in on this if we get 10

J.Kincaid

Established Member
If you are able to get more people to do this is it possible to get a lower price than the 550? Say 15 or 20 people?

This GB price is about as low as we can go and still pay us something for our time and labor. At this price with free shipping we're not really making any profit on the kit. Like I said, it just pays for our time and labor. We do this a few times a year for the exposure, and to get the word of mouth out there.

- Joe

when does the gb end, i am interested.

Tentatively the end of this month, but if need be I'll extend it out a couple more weeks.

Email sent!!!

Thanks Jay, I'll add you to the list!

- Joe

Joe, how many cans of industrial 12A will we need?

Get the 6 pack, you'll use about 4 cans.

- Joe

I have a 2011 GT500. Would this kit work on it or would I need a different one? If I coukd do the group buy in price, I'd buy one. Let me know. Pm me if you could. Thanks

I'll send you a PM shortly.

- Joe

does this come with a gauge for the reservoir temp or is there an option for it? thought I saw that somewhere...

I may be in on this if we get 10

We used to offer a gauge, but the manufacturer went out of business. Here's the gauge we're now recommending. > Auto Meter

We have 7 members signed up so far.

- Joe

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Just wondering what the recommended pag oil is to use? 46 or something else?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
could we get it without the gauge? the only reason i ask is because i am planning on getting speedhut gauges and they make one that reads from 0-200 and matches the other ones i want.
http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge...number-814.htm

We stopped offering a gauge over a year ago, because the manufacturer went out of business. If customers want a gauge we're recommending the auto meter gauge now.

- Joe

Just wondering what the recommended pag oil is to use? 46 or something else?

Yes, use the pag 46.

- Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread