**GEN-3 Killer Chiller GB**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Ok im a bit tapped out on funds due to other modding at the moment. How long do i have to act on this gb before its too late?

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
I installed the k/c on my cobra last summer. I LOVE IT! ! ! Well worth the money. Joe is an excellent guy to deal with, first class. Any questions, he will answer them and help any way he can. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me and i will help in any way i can.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Sorry snakerider, I didn't mean to skip over you. In your case the gen-3 kit wouldn't make any difference, since you have the drag kit. The drag kit is a parallel kit, whereas the gen-3 is an in-series kit. (Two totally different kits.)

- Joe

Okay got it, Joe I'll call you on monday.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Sorry snakerider, I didn't mean to skip over you. In your case the gen-3 kit wouldn't make any difference, since you have the drag kit. The drag kit is a parallel kit, whereas the gen-3 is an in-series kit. (Two totally different kits.)

- Joe

Okay got it, Joe I'll call you on monday.:beer:

postalbunny

Established Member
question: I saw a post earlier where they had an KC installed and two of the hoses were visible running down and to the left in front of the intercooler. Does this kit still hide all the hoses from outside view or does the new design have those two bottom hoses visible from the front?

Termilvr

Established Member
question: I saw a post earlier where they had an KC installed and two of the hoses were visible running down and to the left in front of the intercooler. Does this kit still hide all the hoses from outside view or does the new design have those two bottom hoses visible from the front?

If it comes out the bottom my only concern is what is the dimension of the fitting because i have a gords ford heat exchanger and protective screen and iam worried the fitting will not fit between the available gap and i would like to keep them both.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
So the drag kit is 10-15 degrees cooler then this kit? And can you still use the HE bypass valve with the drag kit? Mainly I'm wondering what about the drag kit makes it so much cooler.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
So the drag kit is 10-15 degrees cooler then this kit? And can you still use the HE bypass valve with the drag kit? Mainly I'm wondering what about the drag kit makes it so much cooler.

Yes you can still bypass the heat exchanger with the drag kit. The drag kit lets you deactivate in-cab cooling so all the cooling properties of your refrigerant is going towards the KC. Bypassing the heat exchanger plus using the option to bypass your in-cab cooling as well should have the KC working at its best I'd think.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
supposedly the stock H.E. is better than an aftermarket dual pass H.E. because the aftermarket one creates more heat for the system?? ... or something like that?

i'd like to know how much more efficient a stock H.E. would be over the AFCO d/p because i really hate getting rid of my nicer looking stenciled AFCO...

...i am interested in the GB also, i just would like to hear back about the above ?

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I bypassed my heat exchanger and run purple ice with a mix of antifreeze. My in cab cooling is great and the coolant feels like ice water.

101blur

Established Member
with my modification is this a worthy mod..? will i see good gains..? I dont see me having funds for a larger displacement blower anytime soon.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
what its the difference between a regular kit and a drag kit?

The drag kit allows you to turn off the in-cab cooling, so you don't have to worry about dripping at the track.

- Joe

Ok im a bit tapped out on funds due to other modding at the moment. How long do i have to act on this gb before its too late?

Tentatively the end of this month, but we could stretch it out. If I get enough requests to extend this GB, I will.

- Joe

We're using low profile 90s, but you will still see a small portion. If you keep the cut out in the foam support shallow, then you can hide it pretty well.

- Joe

If it comes out the bottom my only concern is what is the dimension of the fitting because i have a gords ford heat exchanger and protective screen and iam worried the fitting will not fit between the available gap and i would like to keep them both.

If you order the kit and it doesn't fit in your available space, then I can either refund you the full amount (after receiving the kit back), or send you the top mount core, and see if that works better for you. I'd prefer you use the new core assy, but the old one will work fine.

- Joe

I definitely want in on this. Email sent.

I've added you to the list.

Thanks!
Joe

The gen-3 is a little more efficient and closing in on the drag kit temps, but the main benefit is to be able to switch off A/C inside the cab, so you don't have to worry about dripping at the track.

- Joe

supposedly the stock H.E. is better than an aftermarket dual pass H.E. because the aftermarket one creates more heat for the system?? ... or something like that?

i'd like to know how much more efficient a stock H.E. would be over the AFCO d/p because i really hate getting rid of my nicer looking stenciled AFCO...

...i am interested in the GB also, i just would like to hear back about the above ?

When you're running an active cooling system like the KC, It's actually chilling down the whole IC system. It's chilling the IC, IC reservoir, IC pump, HE, and all of the lines. So the fluid running through your HE will be way below ambient, and the ambient air across the HE will try and force the IC temps back to ambient. So the bigger the HE the bigger the load on the KC/AC.

It'll still be lower than what the HE can provide, just not as low as it would be if you were running a small HE, no HE, or a bypassed HE.

- Joe

with my modification is this a worthy mod..? will i see good gains..? I dont see me having funds for a larger displacement blower anytime soon.

Any supercharged setup will lose some power, once the IC system heats up, so yes you'll see a nice benefit.

- Joe

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I just installed a water / meth injection system in my car to cool intake charge temps, increase octane and timing. I'm wondering if there's any benefit to me getting this too.

Joe do you have a link to the installation instructions? I'd like to look at the step by step and see exactly what's involved.

EDIT - found it http://www.killerchiller.com/cobra_instructions_v10_files/KC_Instructions_03Cobra.pdf

Thanks
Malcolm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread