2011 Mustang 5.0 Stock block 881whp!

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
The guy is misinformed or lying.

:rollseyes

Funny that the resident Camaro-lover would come in and bash a Coyote engine and its numbers. Think I'm gonna trust the guy doing the tuning over your opinion of never owning a P1'd Coyote. Kthnxbye.

Big turkey

Established Member
dump that p1 and put an F1 on it there is a local guy here who is on this forum without head work, cams etc is making 700rwhp on 10psi. I can only dream what u would make with ur motor combo with a F1.

The original plan was to push 700rwhp with only a blower and meth, but then came the Boss Heads and Comp Cams. Next setup is going to be turbo.

I think that's the most HP ever made from the P-1 compressor, on any engine in history. And only 10psi? Are you sure it's a P-1, and not a D-1?

100% sure it's a P1SC.

There is actually a vette that made 803whp on a P1SC.. he was spinning it to 18psi but seeing only 14-15psi, but this is only to 6500RPM, whereas this car is revving to 7500+RPM.

Very nice work BigTurkey.

93 octane & meth? what's the compression of the engine?

Yes, 93 and Meth. Compression is stock, 11.0:1 I believe.

Now just get it to the track to validate thee numbers.

We were going to take it this past weekend. Bought some DR's, and then the clutch pedal is sticking to the floor so now waiting for the GT500 pedal assembly to come in.

very impressive, congrats :beer:

auto or 6 speed? If 6 speed, which clutch?

6spd, spec 3+ with aluminum flywheel.

That's Just retarded power for the mode listed. What fuel system are you running?

That's the best part... STOCK fuel pump with a BAP and 80# injectors. AFR is 11.8 all the way across, on the meth of course.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
why do people doubt this engine on low boost and being a moderately high compression motor, with a very free flowing setup on 93+meth would have a hard time doubling its output over stock?

Hes keeping combustion pressures in check by not running as much boost as you would normally see on a 9-10:1 comp motor, and keeping his cylinder temps in check by likely tuning nicely on the rich side and with the addition of methanol for a little added timing bump and insurance in the tune against predetonation/knock. Also helps lower the ambient air temps entering the motor which also has a beneficial effect over combustion temps and pressures.

Get this bitch on some high airflow snails and E85.

mrlrd1

Established Member
why do people doubt this engine on low boost and being a moderately high compression motor, with a very free flowing setup on 93+meth would have a hard time doubling its output over stock?

Nobody is doubting that. But doing it with a P-1 and only 10psi? :lol1: ATI rates that blower to 825HP at the crank. With the right engine and enough boost you can do better than that, but 10psi ain't it. He's making 150-175 MORE than ATI rates the blower for.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Nobody is doubting that. But doing it with a P-1 and only 10psi? :lol1: ATI rates that blower to 825HP at the crank. With the right engine and enough boost you can do better than that, but 10psi ain't it. He's making 150-175 MORE than ATI rates the blower for.

Someone doesn't know how boost works. He has it pullied for max boost but will never see that number due to how well the motor flows air. Boost is just a measurement of restriction.

snkepit

Established Member
None forged bottom end how long is it going to do it? With my luck bi*** would of never drove off the the dyno

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Someone doesn't know how boost works. He has it pullied for max boost but will never see that number due to how well the motor flows air. Boost is just a measurement of restriction.

Bingo.

Tapatalk

SicShelby09

Banned
Yeah these guys are so used to the super low compression cobra motors. The 5.0 is much higher compression, hence the lower boost needed to make the big power. Plus this motor has piston oil squirters. That helps keep the heat in check. These motors are no joke, and have far surpassed the expectations of a nonforged motor. Now lets hope they can stand up to the abuse. I know the folks at EVO have taken their 5.0 deep into the tens on the stock block.

KenB

Established Member
No reason to doubt the results. Just wait to see what happens at the track. Personally, I think you are missing something in the data, weather correction was wrong or something else. My guess is it's the boost gauge. NO WAY you are going to free up that much flow on this engine to lose 6 psi.

What was the calculated load of the engine?

chrisheltra

Established Member
No reason to doubt the results. Just wait to see what happens at the track. Personally, I think you are missing something in the data, weather correction was wrong or something else. My guess is it's the boost gauge. NO WAY you are going to free up that much flow on this engine to lose 6 psi.

What was the calculated load of the engine?

Can you give me examples of heads that flow as well as stock coyote heads? Not to mention how well boss heads with cams must flow.

mrlrd1

Established Member

The blower doesn't flow enough air to make that kind of power, regardless of how much boost it makes.

Don't like my answer? Fine. Contact ATI. They'll tell you the same thing.

OP is full of shit, and you're too dumb to understand why.

Users who are viewing this thread