3.27 gear for high-hp applications?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Have you had a chance to get on it good yet? If so, how is traction from a stoplight and in 1-3rd gears in general? What pros/cons do you give the 3.27s vs the 3.55s?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i have not had a chance to line up with anyone yet so my impressions thus far are strictly based on the "seat of the pants feel". The car still feels very violent on the initial hit, however, it's a smoother pull. I compare the feel to the first time i sprayed my eaton. Up top you can feel the pull and it's getting to the high speeds VERY fast. I'll try to get NVR LFT to film for me this week....but the real test will be at TX2K10 march 17-21, and there will be heaps of videos from that weekend. drag strip and street racing

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
i have not had a chance to line up with anyone yet so my impressions thus far are strictly based on the "seat of the pants feel". The car still feels very violent on the initial hit, however, it's a smoother pull. I compare the feel to the first time i sprayed my eaton. Up top you can feel the pull and it's getting to the high speeds VERY fast. I'll try to get NVR LFT to film for me this week....but the real test will be at TX2K10 march 17-21, and there will be heaps of videos from that weekend. drag strip and street racing

Ok, I guess I can wait another week or so:poke::lol:

NVR_LFT

OTW racing
Established Member

I'll be there this weekend, better get all the videos you can of my car against your before i get that whipple.... hahahaha

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
gettin a little excited about that whipple?
jerkoff.gif

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
:beer: what tires u running at the drag strip tony? ur 18's or drag wheels?

cant wait for the tx2k10 vidz, is nvr lft going?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I've got a set of ET streets from EX1, he has no use for them now that he has a Z06 so i'm gonna mount them up this week and see how they hook. I've got a couple friends in Houston with drag setups so if one is available i'll use them...if not, these ET streets on bullit wheels will do the trick.
the 335 Hoosiers will be on for anything not at the track though, i HATE slicks on the street

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
What's the verdict? How did you do at the TX Mile? How are the gears from a dig etc?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
almost two months later... how do you like the gears now? what size tires do you run?

do you think a stroked/posi eaton car could benefit from 3.27s on the highway/top speed?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
OK GOT 3.73S NOW WITH 600 = AT THE WHEELS WITH KB26H 18PSI W/SRA.running 315s ,i hate the look of cobras with 28s my car will rev so quick with 3.73s it;s useless till after 3rd.gear ''no pull have to shift to fast hitting the limiter at 7k'' iam going 3,27 all the way.like someone said here,,you got more pull though the gears..plus better mpg highway..

people who have 3.27s ..question for you ? do you have a alum or steel flywheel ?
i'am thinking a steel F/W would make the car easier to start off from a dead stop.w/o having to rev the rpms up to high to leave w/o bogging out dying ?

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
OK GOT 3.73S NOW WITH 600 = AT THE WHEELS WITH KB26H 18PSI W/SRA.running 315s ,i hate the look of cobras with 28s my car will rervso quick with 3.73s it;s useless till after 3rd.gear ''no pull have to shift to fast hitting the limiter at7k''iam going 3,27 all the way.like someone said here,,you got more pull though the gears..plus better mpg highway..

people who have 3.27s ..question for you ? do you have a alum or steel flywheel ?
i'am thinking a steel F/W would make the car easier to start off from a dead stop.w/o having to rev the rpms up to high to leave w/o bogging out dying ?

I have stock flywheel, can't remember if it's alum or steel :shrug: and no problems from stop here :-D

cobra=trouble

Established Member
im thinking the a alum F/W i will have to slpi the clutch alot it get it moving. i know that a steel one will give you more ..ienersha sorry cant spell it but you got the idea what i'am trying to say?

with my irs w/ 3.55 you had to give it just the right gas or it would die sometimes.

i got a spec3 plus going in it which is a on /off type clutch from what i hear ?
i got 3.73 in my sra now.which id much better it taking off.

Users who are viewing this thread