496 rwhp 03 cobra vs lamborghini Gallardo

BoostGhost

Established Member
ALLAN-LAMBO said:
12.3 @ 113 in the ugliest Mustang ive seen in a long time, and you want to race a lambo? :bash:

Everyone has their own opinions on what looks good... I think his Mustang looks great. Was it necessary for you to call his ugly?

Thrust

Established Member
That was not the outcome that I was expecting. However If I am going to run for $200 It will definatly be from a dig!

ALLAN-LAMBO

Established Member
That is definately a stock Gallardo. You can actually rent it while in New York. They use it as a rental.

ZyX2323

Established Member
Its a Video on the internet, take it for what its worth. But a very nice showing of two cars. Thou I was asume a Lambo would win just cause of the weight difference alone.

ZyX2323

robiferretti

Established Member
for everyone looking for a shot at the stock lambo if you live near NYC i can arrange it, but if you come with more car then 500 rwhp be ready to race someone else your own size :)

Almo

Established Member
I am one to think the Lambo is underated just like the Cobra. 495-500 to the wheels; much much lighter than the Lambo as well.

I can see it.

WhtS281

Established Member
He might as well tossed $200 on the ground...What was he thinking...He's +1000lbs, plus a extra passenger...He got setup to fail.

limey

Established Member
Anyone around Tampa want to run a "stock" Diablo 6.0

There are a couple VERY fast Cobras round here making 800 RWHP, for them, i'll bring out the ZR-1, but if someone with a Cobra making 600-700 RWHP fancies a go, drop me a line. I'm more than willing.

mosconiac

Established Member
FriscoCobra said:
If it was a quarter mile race from a dig it would have probably been closer. Italian cars tend to be geared more for mid range and top end speed. just my 2 cents. That was a bad ass lambo

Just ask Car & Driver what happens when you try to launch a Gallardo. :lol:

p.s. C&D says Gallardo (with an anemic clutch) > Ford GT (with flawless clutch)

EDIT: C&D quote: "Acceleration testing brings out the worst of the system and resulted in the death of the clutch..." WTF! This is acceptable and worthy of 2nd place in testing?

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?article_id=9743&section_id=15&page_number=6

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
limey said:
Anyone around Tampa want to run a "stock" Diablo 6.0

There are a couple VERY fast Cobras round here making 800 RWHP, for them, i'll bring out the ZR-1, but if someone with a Cobra making 600-700 RWHP fancies a go, drop me a line. I'm more than willing.

Are you the same guy that raced havoc?

rust0r

Established Member
Thrust said:
That was not the outcome that I was expecting. However If I am going to run for $200 It will definatly be from a dig!

ya that would be the best thing, so you can get rapped by audi's AWD tech :)

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Now look at the price tags, I would say that it is very impressive that ford can hang with a car like that for the price.

slowpoke9801

According to the video.........Ford didnt hang with that car............but for a whole lot less than the exotic it would be as fast with the right goodies on it!

Users who are viewing this thread