Disturbing Mustang Pictures

98cobra snake

NA
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:
see thats what always gets me thinking about how to make these v8's take more boost. making more boost doesn't create any negative externalities at all (compare parasitic loss) . . . its just a matter of the motor taking it.

imagine if that same car was running on 28-30 psi can could handle it. :banana: :banana:
Yeah:eek: What's the secret? :mj:

4CYLNDR

Established Member
SteveChris said:
:xpl: road course...turbo..internals..etc.
dont care
dont like

i'd beg to differ on the 350z motor being an enginering "marvel." What IS a marvel is the fact that Nissan managed to use the same motor on their sports cars, their trucks, their SUVs, and their passenger cars.

but you seriously aren't interested in road courses? :( have you ever given them a try? they really are quite fun, with the right car.

black04gt

n00b like whoaski
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:
amen to that one. and in the end, when you "win" . . . you start thinking about how much cash you've thrown into the beast. lol. and how many other cool things you coulda done with it.

if only i were dating paris hilton, and had access to her money, and was immune to STDs
:lol: at the paris hilton!!!

sadly, i don't have my mustang anymore. :( but, it was always fun to whoop somebody with a car you KNOW is faster, then think about how much faster my car would be if i had the same mods...

4CYLNDR

Established Member
black04gt said:
:lol: at the paris hilton!!!

sadly, i don't have my mustang anymore. :( but, it was always fun to whoop somebody with a car you KNOW is faster, then think about how much faster my car would be if i had the same mods...

one of the things i always hated about the strip was hearing people talk about how VTEC was the 8th wonder of the world. Believe it or not, non-honda owners had to deal with it just as much as the domestic guys. It's something ive never understood. either my butt dyno doesn't work, or i swear the car doesn't get any faster once VTEC supposedly kicks in. I think it just gets louder. :poke:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
The secret is having deep pockets to buy a shortblock capable of handling 30 PSI from VT engines.. and then having a water to air intercooler, a fuel system that will handle the 1000+ HP you're going to be making, a drivetrain to handle it, etc etc. Running 30 PSI on a 4g63 is WAY different than on a 4.6L.

4CYLNDR

Established Member
jdk said:
The secret is having deep pockets to buy a shortblock capable of handling 30 PSI from VT engines.. and then having a water to air intercooler, a fuel system that will handle the 1000+ HP you're going to be making, a drivetrain to handle it, etc etc. Running 30 PSI on a 4g63 is WAY different than on a 4.6L.

what is VT engines? t

4CYLNDR

Established Member
here was my idea: 2003-2004 cobra

twin turbo
roll cage
coil overs
stripped to all hell in a desperate attempt to get the weight down to a decent level.

black04gt

n00b like whoaski
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:
one of the things i always hated about the strip was hearing people talk about how VTEC was the 8th wonder of the world. Believe it or not, non-honda owners had to deal with it just as much as the domestic guys. It's something ive never understood. either my butt dyno doesn't work, or i swear the car doesn't get any faster once VTEC supposedly kicks in. I think it just gets louder. :poke:
from what i gather, v-tech isn't sh|t once you apply boost. my boy runs a d16 with a greddy kit. a little over 200 at the wheels on a stock, down to the cam sproket, motor...that's more than a turd puts out stock. and pretty close to what my PI auto put down...

black04gt

n00b like whoaski
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:

twin turbo
roll cage
coil overs
stripped to all hell in a desperate attempt to get the weight down to a decent level.
add a solid rear to it too...building a bomb proof IRS=$$$$. then it still isn't as strong as a built live axle...

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:

twin turbo
roll cage
coil overs

And $40k later..

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
My next car will most likely be a foxbody.. I'm not much interested in a street car anymore since I have so many tickets and street racing is soon to be guaranteed jailtime in florida..

I can get a 9 sec ready foxbody for $15k, about the same amount as I sunk into my Cobra just in mods..

MustangGuyo246

1997 pacific green Cobra
Established Member
fastkars.com said:
^^^ no shit wtf was he thinking. :nonono:

Lol thats the thing, he WASN'T thinking...something is wrong with him. It looks nice, but i bet you it doesn't have the Mustang quality sound, or speed :D

black04gt

n00b like whoaski
Established Member
jdk said:
My next car will most likely be a foxbody.. I'm not much interested in a street car anymore since I have so many tickets and street racing is soon to be guaranteed jailtime in florida..

I can get a 9 sec ready foxbody for $15k, about the same amount as I sunk into my Cobra just in mods..
word. same friend with the honduh also has a beat up 92 notch in my garage. i'm thinking of buying it and either shoving a mod in there or just building a nice stroker for it....

black04gt

n00b like whoaski
Established Member
MustangGuyo246 said:
Lol thats the thing, he WASN'T thinking...something is wrong with him. It looks nice, but i bet you it doesn't have the Mustang quality sound, or speed :D
and we have a winner!!! i don't care what anybody says, nothing sounds as good as a SBF!!!

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Yeah what was he thinking.. Who would want a high power, smooth, electronically controlled I-6 when you could have a junker carb'd v8 with 200,000 miles on it in there :rollseyes

Mustang speed.. haha

I'll be waiting for you guys so worried about how it sounds or how it looks on the other side of the finish line.

Last edited:

black04gt

n00b like whoaski
Established Member
jdk said:
Yeah what was he thinking.. Who would want a high power, smooth, electronically controlled I-6 when you could have a junker carb'd v8 with 200,000 miles on it in there :rollseyes

Mustang speed.. haha
make that a nice 347 or 408 and it'd be golden...

oh, and ditch those fugly wheels...

Users who are viewing this thread