Dustin's 2013 Shelby GT500 Build

What should the name of the thread be???

• Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhh!!!!!

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Dustin's Need Psycological Help Build!!!

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Why didn't you use a BIW?????

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Dustin's 2013 Shelby GT500 Build

Votes: 38 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jroc

Established Member
Going the N/A route is ya?

Going throw a powerglide off in there to?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Don't freak out on me or anything, but just curious why you'd hack up a basically brand new car to so substantially change the engine/tranny combo when you could have probably done it for FAR less to a V6 car or even a GT.
To each their own, but to me it seems like a huuuge waste of money.
S.

94n2boost

Established Member
Don't freak out on me or anything, but just curious why you'd hack up a basically brand new car to so substantially change the engine/tranny combo when you could have probably done it for FAR less to a V6 car or even a GT.
S.

Just because......:banana:...........:beer:

dustin88lx

Established Member
S.

The way I look at is the cost to build it is the cost to build it no matter if its in a v6 car or shelby. So really I don't view it as a 60k car that I am changing, I view it as building a GT500. What I paid for the car really doesn't matter to me, its either I build this one or keep it and buy another car and build it thus increasing overall build cost. The shelby has been my dream car since I was 6 mind you I am only 27, I have no intentions of ever selling or parting out this car, it will eventually be a race car and 40 years down the road, lord willing and the creeks dont rise I will still be racing it.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Hey, how exactly is a rainbow made?
How exactly does the sun set?
How exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a Plymouth work!?
It just does...it just does...

Just wanted to post that, don't know why...it felt like the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Bisbee Kid

Established Member
Oil Sepernator?

Boy howdes, thats seems likes ans awfuls lots of workks to instals themz thar Bob's Oil Sepernators. I didn'ts realize I was goins to needs to buy another biggur hnammer and pryorbar tool to remove thats big silver thung ups on tops of the enguen betweenz those 2 big blue push rod cover thungs. Thoses sepernators mustnes workks realyz goods beez causn theys is a catchun lotsn ooil to beez needun to moves thats bign silvur blowen thingun. Dozen Iz needn a newz 24 ribuz belty thinguy??:shrug::??::dw:

jbs$

Established Member
Love to see a man with money have so much fun pissing some of it away. Good show!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Hey, how exactly is a rainbow made?
How exactly does the sun set?
How exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a Plymouth work!?
It just does...it just does...

Just wanted to post that, don't know why...it felt like the right thing to do.

1) rain drops in the sky scatter l8ght similar to a spectrum and create optical illusions known as "rainbows".

2) The sun "setting" is merely the earth's rotation causing the sun to fall below our visible horizon.

3) Well designed pieces can still function correctly on a shitty car.

:)

breoland

Established Member
S.

Because he can

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
...mind you I am only 27, I have no intentions of ever selling or parting out this car, ...

Only 27, huh? Yep, that bad boy will be getting parted out in about 3 years; 4, tops. It'll be one of two reasons; 1) you've matured and your tastes have changed, 2) you get your balls cut off and put in a jar and have to join the other boobs in the "we're-having-a-baby-so-I-gotta-sell-the-Shelby" club.:lol1:

dustin88lx

Established Member
Only 27, huh? Yep, that bad boy will be getting parted out in about 3 years; 4, tops. It'll be one of two reasons; 1) you've matured and your tastes have changed, 2) you get your balls cut off and put in a jar and have to join the other boobs in the "we're-having-a-baby-so-I-gotta-sell-the-Shelby" club.:lol1:

Will never happen, I already have two children one 2 months old, a wife, 2 cats a house, and the wifes car. And my tastes havent changed about this car in 21 years theyre not now...those sound like excuses to me..:lol:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
so what's going in?

what fuel are you going to run in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread