Dustin's 2013 Shelby GT500 Build

What should the name of the thread be???

• Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhh!!!!!

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Dustin's Need Psycological Help Build!!!

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Why didn't you use a BIW?????

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Dustin's 2013 Shelby GT500 Build

Votes: 38 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickoli

Established Member
Is this going to be a stock Longblock build? How high do you think you can turn it up? What transmission are you going with?

BIRDDOC

Established Member
The details of Dustin's build will be told by him. What I can say is he is "ALL IN" on this one. We will all have fun following this build.

rancid

Established Member
The details of Dustin's build will be told by him. What I can say is he is "ALL IN" on this one. We will all have fun following this build.

This is what I figured, people are not giving him enough credit to think he wouldn't do supporting mods with a turbo/larger blower.

I am just curious what cams he went with and if any ported head work is being done since the motor will be open. I wish we had more choices but hopefully this might lead to something later down the line from our vendors.

dustin88lx

Established Member
This is what I figured, people are not giving him enough credit to think he wouldn't do supporting mods with a turbo/larger blower.

I am just curious what cams he went with and if any ported head work is being done since the motor will be open. I wish we had more choices but hopefully this might lead to something later down the line from our vendors.

Yep, new cam grinds adequete head work and other shiny things....:beer:

I figure i can make some custom grings with a bench grinder and do the heads with some sandpaper...right?

Last edited:

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
The way I look at is the cost to build it is the cost to build it no matter if its in a v6 car or shelby. So really I don't view it as a 60k car that I am changing, I view it as building a GT500. What I paid for the car really doesn't matter to me, its either I build this one or keep it and buy another car and build it thus increasing overall build cost. The shelby has been my dream car since I was 6 mind you I am only 27, I have no intentions of ever selling or parting out this car, it will eventually be a race car and 40 years down the road, lord willing and the creeks dont rise I will still be racing it.

well put sir:coolman:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Will never happen, I already have two children one 2 months old, a wife, 2 cats a house, and the wifes car. And my tastes havent changed about this car in 21 years theyre not now...those sound like excuses to me..:lol:

A 27 year old with brains :rockon: even more rare than a 1000hp shelby. Can't wait to see this when its all done! best of luck:burnout:

dustin88lx

Established Member
The ninjas won't stop taking stuff.....

DSCN3366.jpg

DSCN3368.jpg

cclark

Established Member
Awesome progress Dustin!! I know me and birddoc are excited about this build.

I wanted to tell you something because I figured you'd get a chuckle out of it. Guy at work was texting me about Shelby's and he was like 'did you see the guy online who got his blower stolen?'...lmao he didn't go thru the whole thread or see from before you were going to build your car. I thought it was hilarious lol. Hope it continues going smooth man, lookin good so far.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Awesome progress Dustin!! I know me and birddoc are excited about this build.

I wanted to tell you something because I figured you'd get a chuckle out of it. Guy at work was texting me about Shelby's and he was like 'did you see the guy online who got his blower stolen?'...lmao he didn't go thru the whole thread or see from before you were going to build your car. I thought it was hilarious lol. Hope it continues going smooth man, lookin good so far.

That's hilarious there was a guy in here that made a couple comments about it being stolen and thought to myself..are you serious....I think you are....he must not have read it all, prolly the first post then posted a response. Thanks, for looking everyone, I'll continue to post pics up as the build progresses, may be a bit of a lull when I deploy but I'll do my best to keep em coming.

cclark

Established Member
That's hilarious there was a guy in here that made a couple comments about it being stolen and thought to myself..are you serious....I think you are....he must not have read it all, prolly the first post then posted a response. Thanks, for looking everyone, I'll continue to post pics up as the build progresses, may be a bit of a lull when I deploy but I'll do my best to keep em coming.

Haha that's awesome! Yeah that's probably exactly what he did lol. No one is gonna come in and steal a blower off a Shelby, especially doing that nice of a job ha!

Sounds good chief, stay safe during deployment. Thank you for your service. Looking forward to the build.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Just some update pics....

Seems the ninjas like taking things apart...hmm looks a lot like my kitchen table..wow they got that too.

DSCN3374.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

DSCN3370.jpg

DSCN3372.jpg

DSCN3373.jpg

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
OMG!!! What are you doing....engine completely disassembled. :uh oh:
Looks like you MEAN business! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.