Evolution GT500 goes boom?

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member

:bowdown: :rockon: :thumbsup:

I will be anxiously awaiting those pics. At the point of ridiculous power on a stock rotating assembly, it will be interesting to see what let go.

From my days of extreme rockcrawling, the sound of metal breaking still gives me the willies.

SIRLOIN

Established Member

Can't wait to hear how long it lasted at those levels. Would be pretty cool and quite an achievement to know that it made quite a few passes putting down that much power.

I would love to see the ZL1's LSA try and make 1000+ rwhp on the stock bottom end. Would probably blow on start up...:lol1:

cobrakon

Established Member
Can't wait to hear how long it lasted at those levels. Would be pretty cool and quite an achievement to know that it made quite a few passes putting down that much power.

I would love to see the ZL1's LSA try and make 1000+ rwhp on the stock bottom end. Would probably blow on start up...:lol1:

ZLBoom

BOD89LX

Established Member
There is a reason we have set numerous records over the past 7 years.... and it's not by being "Cookie-Cutter"..

We have been pushing our 2013 Shelby GT500 from day one.... more like beating the crap out of it from day one.

In 8 weeks the car has logged 121 1/4 Mile Passes at the Track and 39 Dyno Pulls. That's probably 10 times more then most owners of these cars will do in a lifetime.

We were fully aware of the risks involved when pushing a stock engine, that's why we weren't surprised when we broke it. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long for what we put it through especially the amount of boost and power we made with the 3.6LC Kenne Bell is just absolutely ridiculous.

Once the motor is taken apart we will put up a full analysis on what broke and include lots of photos.

Luckily our other 2013 Shelby GT500 is our R&D car, which has logged over 3 thousand miles testing all of our Combo Power Packages, Tunes, Shifters, Suspension, Exhaust, etc. So keep that in mind when shopping for the perfect combination.

Thank you to everyone that supports our hard work and dedication to the Shelby GT500 community and for the haters.. you're really going to hate us when you see the new combination in our car... It's going to be even more ridiculous and very soon...;-)

Check out the October 2012 Issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine on Newsstands now for an in-depth look at our quest for 9's in the 1/4 mile with our 2013 Shelby GT500. How much power did we make and what basic bolt-ons were used to achieve this.....Nitrous was NOT one of them... It would have been too easy, we proved that back in 2006 when we were first in the 9's with our 2007 Shelby GT500. We wanted a challenge...

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.

Thanks for speaking up and giving us a idea of what was going on and it's nice to see company's in this economy that are still putting in the time and effort and investment in R&D on a limited production car. Many people dont know what it takes to come up with what seems like a simple bolt on package and make good power that will hold up to the test of time. Thanks again to the Evo team for there time and effort to bring us top notch parts that work together at a fair price.

SVTPete83

Established Member
There is a reason we have set numerous records over the past 7 years.... and it's not by being "Cookie-Cutter"..

We have been pushing our 2013 Shelby GT500 from day one.... more like beating the crap out of it from day one.

In 8 weeks the car has logged 121 1/4 Mile Passes at the Track and 39 Dyno Pulls. That's probably 10 times more then most owners of these cars will do in a lifetime.

We were fully aware of the risks involved when pushing a stock engine, that's why we weren't surprised when we broke it. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long for what we put it through especially the amount of boost and power we made with the 3.6LC Kenne Bell is just absolutely ridiculous.

Once the motor is taken apart we will put up a full analysis on what broke and include lots of photos.

Luckily our other 2013 Shelby GT500 is our R&D car, which has logged over 3 thousand miles testing all of our Combo Power Packages, Tunes, Shifters, Suspension, Exhaust, etc. So keep that in mind when shopping for the perfect combination.

Thank you to everyone that supports our hard work and dedication to the Shelby GT500 community and for the haters.. you're really going to hate us when you see the new combination in our car... It's going to be even more ridiculous and very soon...;-)

Check out the October 2012 Issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine on Newsstands now for an in-depth look at our quest for 9's in the 1/4 mile with our 2013 Shelby GT500. How much power did we make and what basic bolt-ons were used to achieve this.....Nitrous was NOT one of them... It would have been too easy, we proved that back in 2006 when we were first in the 9's with our 2007 Shelby GT500. We wanted a challenge...

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.

I applaud this and have nothing but respect for a shop that pushes the envelope as it can only benefit the customers. Nice job evo!

dustin88lx

Established Member
I could drop the dime on evo i talked to fred yesterday and he told me exactly what the cause of the failure was and i can tell you it wasnt the power ratimmg it was something that the motor can already do.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
I could drop the dime on evo i talked to fred yesterday and he told me exactly what the cause of the failure was and i can tell you it wasnt the power ratimmg it was something that the motor can already do.

since they have had time and havent posted it yet and 5.0 mag is already out... i say spill then beans..:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread