Evolution GT500 goes boom?

carguy19

Established Member
He and I have a history of arguing. He resites what he's read and I ask to see what he's driving. When I see pics of an actual car that he's built I will layoff him a bit. It's like me going on a GT-R board and telling the actual owners of the cars about their car. It gets old.

He isnt the only one that pulls that nonsense.

Did you get your car yet bull>??? what dealer are you using?? My dealer is taking an eternity, I am in the business and could have bought 5 of them already, but I keep my word and wont go anywhere else because I put my order in at a deaelr already.

bull3441

Established Member
He isnt the only one that pulls that nonsense.

Did you get your car yet bull>??? what dealer are you using?? My dealer is taking an eternity, I am in the business and could have bought 5 of them already, but I keep my word and wont go anywhere else because I put my order in at a deaelr already.
Buying a new house, quicker I get that done quicker I get the '13. I found an '08 Z06 with 940 miles on it. Its out of state and I'm waiting to see if dealer can find a place local to me to look at my car.

carguy19

Established Member
Buying a new house, quicker I get that done quicker I get the '13. I found an '08 Z06 with 940 miles on it. Its out of state and I'm waiting to see if dealer can find a place local to me to look at my car.

If you need a spot to get one and you dont mind NJ, I can help you. Just PM me, I Dont want to broadcast it on here and delay my car or anyone elses by some schmuck going in there and offering $$$$ over list price.

germeezy1

Established Member
Does owning a car in , and of itself make you the expert on it? Does the GT500 have a new revolutionary engine that only those who own them are privy to how the engine produces power, and what it is capable of? When you buy a car do they hard wire into your cerebral cortex like the Matrix, and implant all of the knowledge about the car in your brain?

germeezy1

Established Member
I stand corrected about the PTWA bores, and I was putting too much stock into what Jamal Hameedi had said about the cylinder walls.

bull3441

Established Member
If you need a spot to get one and you dont mind NJ, I can help you. Just PM me, I Dont want to broadcast it on here and delay my car or anyone elses by some schmuck going in there and offering $$$$ over list price.

Thanks brotha, I'm hoping to drive my buddies '13 this weekend and see how I like it.

carguy19

Established Member
Does owning a car in , and of itself make you the expert on it? Does the GT500 have a new revolutionary engine that only those who own them are privy to how the engine produces power, and what it is capable of? When you buy a car do they hard wire into your cerebral cortex like the Matrix, and implant all of the knowledge about the car in your brain?

No not at all.

But to be a "know it all" and be wrong a good % of the time and not even own the car you are talking about is kind of retarded.

It'd be best to sit back and learn or offer "opinion" instead of stating incorrect made up facts.

Not trying to make a pissing match just trying to offer insight on how most of the people on here get along and view things. The guy Chris that you pissed off and got into a verbal dispute with is one of the nicer, more helpful guys on here. So Im just offering some advice thats all.

germeezy1

Established Member
No not at all.

But to be a "know it all" and be wrong a good % of the time and not even own the car you are talking about is kind of retarded.

It'd be best to sit back and learn or offer "opinion" instead of stating incorrect made up facts.

Not trying to make a pissing match just trying to offer insight on how most of the people on here get along and view things. The guy Chris that you pissed off and got into a verbal dispute with is one of the nicer, more helpful guys on here. So Im just offering some advice thats all.

He could have fooled me when he tried to harass me, and defame my character. Aside from that I have no problem admitting I am wrong which I did if you read my post above. I already said it is my thought that the Trinity 5.8 is good for ~ 800 rwhp, and that is just my opinion. Personally if I were to buy a 2013 GT500 I would not push my stock internal motor to 850 rwhp.

bull3441

Established Member
First hand knowledge will always out weigh theory. A guy who drives a V6 'Stang shouldnt be telling guys whats safe power for a GT500. We have no idea what the Trinity can handle safely. All these owners are test beds at this point. Tuners told owners the Coyote blocks were safe at x whp. Call Michael Rauscher up and ask how many Coyote builds he's doing from the cylinders ovaling. There's a reason I started the BMC thread in the older GT500 forum, to share our first hand experience with popping a motor. Does it make me better cuz I popped a motor and spent $18k on a new engine? No, but I can share my experience to help the next guy, unlike members like Trappo who can olny repeat what the read or heard 10x removed.

bull3441

Established Member
He could have fooled me when he tried to harass me, and defame my character. Aside from that I have no problem admitting I am wrong which I did if you read my post above. I already said it is my thought that the Trinity 5.8 is good for ~ 800 rwhp, and that is just my opinion. Personally if I were to buy a 2013 GT500 I would not push my stock internal motor to 850 rwhp.

Chris is a very good guy, hopefully you two will get passed it.

germeezy1

Established Member
First hand knowledge will always out weigh theory. A guy who drives a V6 'Stang shouldnt be telling guys whats safe power for a GT500. We have no idea what the Trinity can handle safely. All these owners are test beds at this point. Tuners told owners the Coyote blocks were safe at x whp. Call Michael Rauscher up and ask how many Coyote builds he's doing from the cylinders ovaling. There's a reason I started the BMC thread in the older GT500 forum, to share our first hand experience with popping a motor. Does it make me better cuz I popped a motor and spent $18k on a new engine? No, but I can share my experience to help the next guy, unlike members like Trappo who can olny repeat what the read or heard 10x removed.

I will agree that I would value someones opinion who is in the know , and also owns the car while having experience with it. My point was simply about those that own cars that have no knowledge or real world experience with them. You are obviously not one of those people. I trust Lund's opinion but I am simply saying I would not push my personal car that far. I was not aware about the cylinder ovaling issue do you mind if I PM you? Because that is something that may affect a build I am anticipating.

Mxfrench

Established Member
Well I am having mine hard wired to my nut sack to ensure that I have the BALLS to see what she will do. This whole thred does seem to have turned into a pissing match, in which Rosie Odonnell could have won.

Maybe I am retarded because I come here to read about other Mustang guys, I se your RPM stuff but honestly the way you talk 9/10 times you talk in general that the mustang is crap. Now thats my opinion just when I read the hidden tone in your messages it comes across that way.
I must go now and eat some ChikFila

germeezy1

Established Member
Well I am having mine hard wired to my nut sack to ensure that I have the BALLS to see what she will do. This whole thred does seem to have turned into a pissing match, in which Rosie Odonnell could have won.

Maybe I am retarded because I come here to read about other Mustang guys, I se your RPM stuff but honestly the way you talk 9/10 times you talk in general that the mustang is crap. Now thats my opinion just when I read the hidden tone in your messages it comes across that way.

I am not asking for more information on the 5.0 engine because I am considering a Camaro if that is what you think. The Mustang is the best pony car on planet earth, and anyone who reads my posts knows that I truly believe that. The only difference between what I believe , and many others is that I can understand why someone would buy a Camaro even though I myself would not.

bull3441

Established Member
I will agree that I would value someones opinion who is in the know , and also owns the car while having experience with it. My point was simply about those that own cars that have no knowledge or real world experience with them. You are obviously not one of those people. I trust Lund's opinion but I am simply saying I would not push my personal car that far. I was not aware about the cylinder ovaling issue do you mind if I PM you? Because that is something that may affect a build I am anticipating.

There are good pics on Yellowbullet of the liners separating from the walls on boosted 5.0's. I really can't give you too much info. I brought it up with L&M when we were discussing sleeving. Michael showed me how the wall thickness was too thin by the water jacket port. The cylinders were triangling at that spot, this backed up others reports on the issue. CPRism has good pics. As for the '13 I personally wouldn't up the boost knowing how I drive. I'd let it breath and add gears and have fun.

carguy19

Established Member
I think personally, and in speaking with a well respected tuner, parts place, and 13 GT500 tester (probably more passes at a strip then anyone at this point). The car is dead safe at the bolt on level. (15% overdrive lower, x or h pipe, cj tb, headers, tune, air intake, all the minor bolt ons.) he seems absolute with his advice and I trust him for a over 7 year relationship. I don't know what the exact equivalent in crank power because of the efficiency of the bottom end and the power draw of the supercharger, but like I said, I'd take his advice to the bank and not lose sleep over it, my friend and parts supplier has never left me wondering or given me a problem if I set the car up the way he suggested.

bull3441

Established Member

I highly doubt EVO will chime in, so we might as well talk popped motor stories.

germeezy1

Established Member
There are good pics on Yellowbullet of the liners separating from the walls on boosted 5.0's. I really can't give you too much info. I brought it up with L&M when we were discussing sleeving. Michael showed me how the wall thickness was too thin by the water jacket port. The cylinders were triangling at that spot, this backed up others reports on the issue. CPRism has good pics. As for the '13 I personally wouldn't up the boost knowing how I drive. I'd let it breath and add gears and have fun.

This is not good news , and I hope this only happens at elevated power levels in the 650-700 rwhp range. In your opinion you would leave the boost at stock levels in a 2013 GT500?

Users who are viewing this thread