Evolution GT500 goes boom?

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Are people not reading that the quote from LUND Was EVO was pushing the car OVER the quoted 850rwhp safe zone?

KsE

Established Member
Lund is a BOSS, I'd take his word over any other tuner. Like its been said he has access to tuning software bill gates can't even get ahold of ;)

bull3441

Established Member
Now are there any questions why I always recommend L&M Engines?

204.9 Standing Mile 2008 Super Snake
207.7 Standing Mile 2007 Super Snake Convertible
????? Standing Mile 2007 Super Snake Convertible with a Kenne Bell 4.2 and new Suspension
????? Standing Mile (the other project) yeah, another Super Snake because we build REAL Shelby 1000 Rear Wheel Horsepower Super Snakes!

Looking forward to October 2012!!!!

Stay tuned.........
Since we are buying a new house, the wife made a compromise. "If you want to buy your Kenne Bell from Van, go ahead." I need to close on the house asap :lol1:

bull3441

Established Member
Then.... Tell that to MMR's machine shop. :rolling:
None of the machining is done in house. I went over this with them when looking for a motor. The blocks are sent out for boring, honing, sleeving etc. It was a reason I went L&M, too many hands in the pot.

bpmurr

Established Member
I sent Fred a message on FB. Maybe he'll come over and fill us in.

carguy19

Established Member
Dude STFU- I've been right about more things in the last 6mos than you've been right about in your entire life. You're a worthless nobody- who spouts of crap and ruins every thread. Going from forum to forum- stirring shit up and causing arguments. Makes me not even want to come to this forum anymore being that they continue to allow you to troll around- even though we know who and what you really are.

And for the record- I said I believe I read it some where- no where did I ever say i was 100% confident- I will however- believe something John Lund says about a GT500 engine before pretty much anyone else especially some one that knows little to nothing like you- who has only read about it in a magazine while in your cubicle peddling homeowners insurance and googling about things to argue about on the Internet.

You tell him Chris. LOL
Germeezy..... Do you own a 2013 GT500??

:dancenana::lol:

carguy19

Established Member
Guys,

There is 2 comments I have about any aftermarket blowers. If you guys are going to go 3.6 KB, 3.3 Vortech, or 4.0 Whip, the motor isnt going to be safe w the internals.

And to do a 2.3 or 2.8 blower, there isnt much gain because of the efficiency of the TVS eaton.

I think the rods are SLIGHTLY different, I was told by a guy by me that builds lots of mod motors that they were marginally better this Im not certain of though.

Do the bolt ons guys, tune, TB, X or H pipe, Headers, Etc. That should net you about 700-725 whp which SHOULD in most cases be within the realm of reliability.

Is that not enough for most of you guys??

If you are doing a big blower or NO2 then start building a motor now.

If you want a drag car that goes 9s. Buy a fox body w a C4 and a windsor w a turbo or spray for 15 grand.

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
There's a reason why johns tuned motors at 800 rwhp rarely let go, if ever. He's better than anything you'll get from anyone else, even a real dyno tune. The level of software he has access too is hard to beat.

+ 1000

Lund is King for GT500 and other ford product tunes.

The guy has it down.

IF you break your motor w a lund tune its because a mechanical failure NOT ever the tune.

bull3441

Established Member
bravo, a pat on the back for you! fantastic job at missing the point!
no the point was once again you state info that you have zero knowledge of. I question if you even own a mustang. Show us your builds. You chime in with your internet knowledge all the time. You state so confident "go tell that to MMR". Guess what smart guy they don't do their own machining. I would expect you with all that you have contributed to the GT500 community to know such info. After all how many built motors have you done for your car? Oh wait.....

carguy19

Established Member
Bull,

Most of the people that are know everythings about the GT500 on this site, are seeming to all not even have one. Some on this thread especially. LOL

bull3441

Established Member
Bull,

Most of the people that are know everythings about the GT500 on this site, are seeming to all not even have one. Some on this thread especially. LOL

He and I have a history of arguing. He resites what he's read and I ask to see what he's driving. When I see pics of an actual car that he's built I will layoff him a bit. It's like me going on a GT-R board and telling the actual owners of the cars about their car. It gets old.

Users who are viewing this thread