Feeler: 03 Redfire Coupe

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you couldnt do it by hand. a good body shop would probably be able to touch them up. You have to fill them with primer, then base coat then clear and wetsand them smooth.

aside from the ones on the lower bumper, the chips on the hood are only noticeable when pointed out and in pictures, only when enhanced/exaggerated.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
god everytime i see this car it makes me want to sell my 18'' chrome afs for some black cobra replicas.

ycats

Established Member
I've been looking around and sometimes I come across someone saying their Cobra does or does not having the "ticking" sound, what is this about?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its the infamous lifter tick. Due to lack of cooling to the rear of the heads, under prolonged loading this may lead to developing lifter tick. Prolonged loading = freeway pulls into 5th gear and farther. 04's recieved revised heads that prevent this iirc.

another thing about prolonged loading situations is the close piston-to-wall clearances. piston expands in bore under extreme temperatures and starts to makeout with the cylinder wall. solution: dont be stupid and try to find out the top speed.

My car does not have the tick, and since i dont really abuse it past 4th gear, i dont see it happening.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you can do the LDC cooling mod, this helps equalize flow between the two heads and bring extra coolant flow to the rear of the heads. It requires the tranny to be out, its one of those "while we are down there" things when say you are doing the clutch.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Actually you can do the head cooling mod without the tranny being removed (Ive personally watched it being done) it is harder to do but can be done

Seen your car today when we drove by your work on our way to lunch, guys this car is nice. Personally its not my favorite color, but if I was looking to buy a Cobra I would really consider this one given the price. As for the clear bra, I love them, had one on my Cobra and have one on our Z06.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if that, depending on which part of Sacramento. Doing about 80ish i can get to Sac in about an hour. You gonna fly in? lemme know, ill be in Stockton this weekend anyways, which cuts about 20min off my drive.

Seen your car today when we drove by your work on our way to lunch, guys this car is nice. Personally its not my favorite color, but if I was looking to buy a Cobra I would really consider this one given the price.

lol yeah i park it in that particular spot since it makes the car really noticeable. :rockon:

ycats

Established Member
I'll keep in touch, been looking around my area (Nashville TN) lately.......have come across a few nice Cobras in and around Atlanta.......but I like how those black wheels look on your's.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
buy it before i have to make another payment (usually the 20th of every month)!

Update:

Car has 66k on it. apparently that odometer still climbs when you are just paying attention to the tripmeter! you know the saying, out of sight, out of mind.

Dunno if i stated it but the deck's display went out. still plays songs and everything fine, you just have no idea whats on the display, which is usually fine for my needs. If i get my payoff, i will replace with a CDA-9884 for the next owner, otherwise it doesnt bother me enough to replace it, i can live with no display.

Current payoff is ~$21,500. Would be willing to take $20,500 for it to help offset the new owners cost of TTL when they get a loan.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
recent pics:

both3op9.jpg

cobrarear1ik7.jpg

srtcobrahp0.jpg

cobra5et3.jpg

btw i just read in a previous post that i already said offers over $20k would be considered so speak up! Cant believe nobody even locally wants to get a freaking badass cobra. I know gas prices suck but cmon. $20k for a Cobra in Cali is a freaking steal! You still cant get them off the dealer lot for $25k+ and they are in half as good of a condition and probably just as much miles.

BTW if a mod sees this: can you please edit the thread title and get rid of Feeler. I keep trying to edit the OP but its not registering the changes. Please make it say FS: 03 Redfire Coupe CenCal or something to that effect. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Thomas why are you selling your car again? Its actually probably the best looking 03/04 Cobra I've seen with 17's because 17 usually look rather plain on a bulky, fat frontend SC Cobra. I hope your not trading up for that skittle because of the price of gas.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
hahaha negative.

Im actually looking for another GST Spyder as I have a local that has done two AWD conversions already and has an entire setup for a third AWD Spyder conversion (FYI no Spyders came in AWD form, only FWD, and my hatred for fwd and useless 3 gears is what made me get rid of the spyder in the first place to move onto Mustangs). Looking for something really clean around the $9k mark, and im sick of huge payments, huge insurance premiums and yes, gas does sorta suck when you are paying ~250/mo and you only commute 10min to and from work a day, and dont go anywhere else really.

Freeing up that sort of cash will let me do a whole lot of other things i cant do now, cut my hours at work and possibly go back to school and explore other employment options cause i hate where i am at now and being tied to payments only makes the situation worse.

Plus im just not into the Cobra or the whole Mustang stuff anymore, im a dsm'er, always have been, always will be. I need to stick to what im good at. I know what i can do to those cars and can almost do it in my sleep. I know how to tune for almost any situation and theres great end-user tuning systems (AEM EMS, DSMlink, etc) that just arent even close to what Mustangs have (what, Sniper, SCT? not even close and since nobody uses it, theres no end-user knowledgebase). even my buddies are like "yeah, the Cobra is sweet, but the GST was all you". I sit in my 90 GSX now and it just feels right, i get in my Cobra and i feel a bit out of place. It just hasnt really grown into me yet, and its been a year this go around (had it for ~5 months the first time, repurchased it julyish of 07), so if it hasnt become an extension of me yet, its probably not going to.

I re-purchased from Jake (01strimbullitt) because at the time things were going awesome, work was great, etc. and i didnt want to see the car go to someone who might treat it bad, abuse it, kill themselves, etc. But like a month later, we lost a bunch of great people and things at work have continued to spiral downhill, we basically lost our entire knowledgebase at the plant and nobody knows anything anymore, and the people left that still do just get brushed aside. I want to leave but its like a safety cushion, if you leave and things dont work out at the new place, you cant go back (owner doesnt re-hire ex-employees, nice huh?) so how would i make ends meet with such a huge payment? I still have ties with the above people and i want to pursue them without fear of the ball and chain dragging me under, and basically start over fresh from where i was about 4 or so years ago. Relocating is a huge option at this point, and its something i really want to pursue, i ****ing hate Modesto with passion. I look out my window and everything is brown and dirty looking, even trees that should be green are just pale green. I wash the car on sunday and by noon monday its covered in dust cause the ****ing farmer across the street feels he needs to plow the dirt fields every other day, and we are downwind so the entire dust cloud just barrels down and surrounds our plant, even though the ~3 years ive been there, absolutely nothing has grown. I hate this place so much.

I love Terminators and i still love mustangs. I will miss the insane torque and pull this car has, just jumping on the freeway like its nothing, but i think at this point in my life its just not the right time and may have not been the right choice. Maybe somewhere down the road i could always get another, but right now, its just not for me anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread