FS: 2004 Torch Red Whipple True Forged Cobra

dpotter

Established Member
My offer to purchase Kevin's car is purely so he can buy her back. I don't want his car, as awesome as it is it's out of my price range and to be honest I don't care much for red and he knows that. I am simply going to make sure that his car is covered and garaged and cared for until he is financially secure again. If Kevin can't or doesn't want to buy his car back after a few months I will sell the car and try to recover what I have in it. If I can't get what I have in it then I guess I will be stuck with an amazing Cobra!

If one of you true enthusiasts wants his car you should contact him. If he seriously wants a shot at getting it back my offer stands.

Last edited:

rlongo

Established Member
Premium Member
Kevin as I told you last night on the phone I hate it that you have to do this. You had so much pride in this car. Maybe things will change before she leaves the driveway. But as others have said you will not be out of a Cobra for long. GLWS

rlongo

Established Member
Premium Member
:whine:
My offer to purchase Kevin's car is purely so he can buy her back. I don't want his car, as awesome as it is it's out of my price range and to be honest I don't care much for red and he knows that. I am simply going to make sure that his car is covered and garaged and cared for until he is stable again. If Kevin can't or doesn't want to buy his car back after a few months I will sell the car and try to recover what I have in it. If I can't get what I have in it then I guess I will be stuck with an amazing Cobra!

If one of you true enthusiasts wants his car you should contact him. If he seriously wants a shot at getting it back my offer stands.

I wish I could do the same for him. You're a good man. :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Yes sir we did get the 23psi tune done. It made 913rwhp. We could probably throw a little more at it but I am happy for now. :) I do want to say thanks very much for the assistance..
No problem. Glad I could help.

this is by far the cleanest cobra ive seen, sorry you have to sell
Thank you.

Your car is an absolute GEM, Kevin.

One of the very few cars, and even fewer terminators I'd have ever considered trading my car for... even when I first bought my car!

I wouldn't be surprised if it sold within a week :beer:
Thanks Bo.

Damn Kev sorry to see it go man! Best of luck, I'm sure it will go very fast and for what you want......hell theres 25 people viewing this thread as I type this.
Thanks Kev.

Glad you sold it for your asking price, worth every penny! Love your car.
Thanks. David will be a huge help.

I've always admired this car. Super clean and tastefully done. Glws.
Thanks.

the absolute cleanest cobra i have ever seen. sad to see it go kevin, GL with everything.
Thanks Jake.

30k for 04sleepers car is steal!!! I hope you get her back man, no way it will be kept in that condition if it isnt in your hands. Good luck bro and stay positive!
Thanks.

Don't be so quick to judge. 04Sleeper has done a great job with it, but there are plenty of other cobra owners who take pride in their cobras too! I'm sure it will end up in a good home. :beer:
Thanks.

Wish I had about 29k more than I have! Great looking car..hope everything works out for you.
Thanks Lance.

All I can say is "WOW". I have seen some clean cobras in my time, but this one has to be at the top of my list. If I wasn't overseas (Returning in 5 months to the states--awaiting next assignment notice) and had a 04 Comp Orange cobra in storage, I would try and work some deal with you. You have done everything to your cobra that I am planning to do to mine when I return in June. I swore I would never sell my 04 CO Cobra as I consider mine very clean as well and take care of it like my first born. But, seeing how you have done this car up, I have to say, I would consider selling mine if I was in the states right now.

But, to help you get this to a good home, I have put a link to this ad on my mustang website:

Beautiful Torch Red 04 Cobra For Sale! - UnitedStangs.com "The United Mustang Community"

I would love to see it go to a member of my site.
Thanks Marc.

:dw: :nonono: :dw: :nonono: :dw: :nonono:

I have admired this car for a long time! You are a major contributor to this site and have a great example of our car! It appears that you sold it, but did I read it correctly where you are still going to house the car for a month...? That would kill me. I had a hard time after mine sold waiting for the transport to pick it up!
Thanks Justin. It might be hard to house it but then again, it might not. It's under a cover so out of sight out of mind.

Ouch
Posted in your other thread Kevin.
Thanks Brad.

id consider selling my whippled sonic blue cobra to have this .. this car is that perfect
Thank you.

Giggidy...damn thats nice.
This should be your DD. :burnout:
Thanks.

My offer to purchase Kevin's car is purely so he can buy her back. I don't want his car, as awesome as it is it's out of my price range and to be honest I don't care much for red and he knows that. I am simply going to make sure that his car is covered and garaged and cared for until he is financially secure again. If Kevin can't or doesn't want to buy his car back after a few months I will sell the car and try to recover what I have in it. If I can't get what I have in it then I guess I will be stuck with an amazing Cobra!

Thank you David. I do truly appreciate this. I would never be able to thank you enough for doing this. Hopefully things turn around and I snach it right back up from you.

Kevin as I told you last night on the phone I hate it that you have to do this. You had so much pride in this car. Maybe things will change before she leaves the driveway. But as others have said you will not be out of a Cobra for long. GLWS
Thanks Ron.

:whine:

I wish I could do the same for him. You're a good man. :beer:
David is a good man. Very few people in the world I have met equal to him as a person. I am truly blessed to have friends like him.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Man Sleeper... I can't believe this is really happening. Is this a dream?

I had to sell my cobra a few years ago for similar reasons. You are one of my favorite guys to follow on this site. Always helping people. I hope things work out the best no matter what happens. Good luck bro! As a side note, I will buy the car if no one else will, but I am sure that won't be a problem. It is the nicest cobra I have seen!! Period!!

raw23062

Established Member
I've been there man, hang in there. You are obviously good people just from listening to everyone and from what I have read as well. In the end it's usually the good people who work through "whatever it is" faster. So good luck to you!!

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
beautiful ride... sad to see it go to another owner. someone will be extremely happy with all the hard work that you have put in... best of luck with the sale!

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
This is by far the nicest cobra ive ever seen. It is my desktop background pic. Many of you know i am a big tr lover. If i could i would sell my mystic and buy kevins . but im not in a situation to do so at the moment. good luck kevin you should get every penny of that asking price. I hope things turn around for you and the family.:beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Man Sleeper... I can't believe this is really happening. Is this a dream?

I had to sell my cobra a few years ago for similar reasons. You are one of my favorite guys to follow on this site. Always helping people. I hope things work out the best no matter what happens. Good luck bro! As a side note, I will buy the car if no one else will, but I am sure that won't be a problem. It is the nicest cobra I have seen!! Period!!
Thanks. I appreciate it.

I've been there man, hang in there. You are obviously good people just from listening to everyone and from what I have read as well. In the end it's usually the good people who work through "whatever it is" faster. So good luck to you!!
Thank you.

Absolutely gorgeous COBRA. GLWS. This car will make someone very happy.
Hopefully me in the end.

Absolutely stunning!

:beer:
Thanks.

beautiful ride... sad to see it go to another owner. someone will be extremely happy with all your work... best of luck with the sale!
Thanks.

This is by far the nicest cobra ive ever seen. It is my desktop background pic. Many of you know i am a big tr lover. If i could i would sell my mystic and buy kevins . but im not in a situation to do so at the moment. good luck kevin you should get every penny of that asking price. I hope things turn around for you and the family.:beer:
Thank you for the kind words.

This should sell QUICK! Cleanest Cobra on SVTperformance
Thanks. I try.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Car as of now is Sold to Dpotter.

Thanks David. I hope it all works out for the best and I get her back.

You are truly a Great Friend!

Ratchet

Established Member
Glad to see this beauty go to a good home. I hope everything works out for the best and you get her back someday. Love this car and it has been a lot of the inspiration to bring mine back from the state it was when I got it. Awesome Cobra, awesome guy!:beer:

dpotter

Established Member
Hey man, best case scenario this is all a moot point. I felt the need to ensure you kept her so I needed to take immediate, decisive action.

I hope I never take delivery. Seriously, if your lovely wife doesn't mind that red shitbox will never leave your garage unless you feel the need to drive it. You know I have a lovely lounge set up in my 3rd slot and don't want to have to move that huge TV or couch :)

You are truly a great friend and inspiration to many, this is the least I could do.

Marc

Established Member
All I can say there are some great people left in this world. Dpotter, that is very nice of you to do something like this for the OP. What goes around comes around and you seemed like a greatguy.

I was actually thinking about the possiblity of getting this car. But, being overseas, it would be tough buy for me and having another 04 in storage. First and foremost, I hope 04Sleeper gets his car back. Second, if it does come up for sale again, depending on my next assignment stateside, I might be interested.

I am glad the OP gets to keep his car. Man, there are still some great people left in this world. Dpotter...you are good man my friend.

Last edited:

s|ck

Established Member
I am glad the OP gets to keep his car. Man, there are still some great people left in this world. Dpotter...you are good man my friend.

+1 :thumbsup:

I've had the pleasure of seeing this car in person, quite possibly the cleanest car I've ever seen. :coolman:

Hope you get to buy her back man. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread