Gunman Opens Up At Movie Theater - Dark Knight

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Well we all know what the outcome was when no one did anything... so lets just continue to encourage people to do nothing in these situations. Clearly works out well for everyone.

Having "gun free zones" doesn't help either. Wonder why suicidal gunmen pick locations like these..:bored:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
This is not an action movie. Its a DARK, smoke filled theater with 100+ people scattering all over the place. In this situation, it would have more than likely accomplished nothing.
+1
Chances of making a difference are VERY slim. Shooting someone when people are running, gas smoke, and the guy having a bullet proof vest. Good luck getting to him without getting shot. I remember reading that he never reloaded either.
Bunch of sick twisted people......

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
This is obliously all the radio and news stations are talking about over here right now. I dont live right by where this happened but Im about 15 miles so not to far. Sadly this will help with gun control and not in a good way. But I wiil say I am glad noone else was packing at the time specificly because with that many people in full on panic mode it could have been even worse had someone tried to play the hero and start flinging bullets back at the perp. God only knows how many more could have been hurt in the cross fire. This is one of those times that in 15 years I will remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about it(putting on my boots for another day of work).

RIP to those who died, heal quickly to those who live, and punish the gunman to the fullest extent for what he had done and the lives he has crushed.

Last edited:

truefiveo

Established Member
Another radical psychopathic young white male who probably just wanted someone to listen but
instead he did the cowardish and unthinkable...why am I not surprised:nonono:

Last edited:

openaccount

Established Member
+1
Chances of making a difference are VERY slim. Shooting someone when people are running, gas smoke, and the guy having a bullet proof vest. Good luck getting to him without getting shot. I remember reading that he never reloaded either.
Bunch of sick twisted people......

I wasnt there, but I have a feeling he would have a more difficult time if he had to deal with return fire. Even if it is futile it would keep him focused on one person or one direction for an extended time. In those types of situations time is EVERYTHING.

openaccount

Established Member
This is obliously all the radio and news stations are talking about over here right now. I dont live right by where this happened but Im about 15 miles so not to far. Sadly this will help with gun control and not in a good way. But I wiil say I am glad noone else was packing at the time specificly because with that many people in full on panic mode it could have been even worse had someone tried to play the hero and start flinging bullets back at the perp. God only knows how many more could have been hurt in the cross fire. This is one of those times that in 15 years I will remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about it(putting on my boots for another day of work).

RIP to those who died, heal quickly to those who live, and punish the gunman to the fullest extent for what he had done and the lives he has crushed.

Yes everyone was in panic mode... EXCEPT the shooter. Disrupt his control and now his plan is delayed or falls apart.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Exactly if just one person in there was open/concealed carry this would not have been so bad. Of course the tards will try to use this as an excuse for imposing more gun control.

I agree, though not necessarily that someone having a gun would have minimized any of this. Would he have been in a position for a clear shot? Would he have the nerves to pull it and shoot? If he didn't hit someone else in the theater, would the rounds be located well and either bypass or penetrate the armor?

Even with all of that said, I'd rather roll the dice than have the situation that happened with no armed patrons. Just the fact that people open carry deters a lot of this behavior, everyone is always very polite and respectful when I go down to SC for vacation every year.

19turbo95

Established Member
Can't believe this has happened. Sad you can't go enjoy a movie without something like this happening. Who thinks of doing stuff like this? I grew up in that area and only live fifteen minutes away now. That area used be a decent place to live and now it's just a shit hole. My little sister was supposed to be there too.

News just reported the guys apartment was boobie trapped. Pretty haunting stories coming from the people who were inside.

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
Sick ****s like that make me sad. I was glad to hear though the death toll dropped from 14 to 12 though.

We could debate till the cows come home whether or not the theater being a gun-free zone made it better or worse, but I'm worried about how politicians will react: It's a double edged sword - don't allow guns and no one has the power to stop something like this. By allowing guns, the liberals will tell you more tragedies like this will occur because of easy access.

As far as I'm concerned though, stricter gun laws won't mean a damn thing to the assholes who are intent on doing something like this.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
+1

This is not an action movie. Its a DARK, smoke filled theater with 100+ people scattering all over the place. In this situation, it would have more than likely accomplished nothing.

This is true. We would all like to think that in this situation we would stand up and deliver two to the chest and one to the head. But the reality is 99.9% of us would be scared shitless and either tried to run or hide. But at least I would have had my pistol drawn and had a chance to defend myself and more importantly my family albiet through blurred vision had the shooter turned to me.
At a moment like this you resign yourself to die, since I'm going to die I'm going to fight.

Convict him, put a bullet in his head, and send his family the bill

Ok Saddam.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
First of all I feel for everyone involved over in CO. Secondly... for everyone sayying that having guns wouldn't have helped look at what just happened in Florida last week.

71 year old Man shoots robbers - Caught on tape!- YouTube

Seems like having a gun in this situation is way better than just sitting there and doing nothing

You really think this is comparable to a dark, smokey movie theater with 100+ people?

A gun did help in THAT situation but thats not even close to comparable to this theater shooting.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I wasnt there, but I have a feeling he would have a more difficult time if he had to deal with return fire. Even if it is futile it would keep him focused on one person or one direction for an extended time. In those types of situations time is EVERYTHING.
Which is why I said it would have very small slim chance. It's a theater with hundreds of people, dark, smoke all over the place, people running AND hiding between the seats. Would you really take a chance and take a shot knowing there's also a chance you could shoot someone else instead?

Now, another person pulling out a gun, what would the people think? I think things would get worse seeing one shooting and another person drawing another gun.

Users who are viewing this thread