Hennessey HPE700 Upgrade for a 2011-13 Boss 302/GT 5.0L

Bud

Established Member
Sucks you already bought your 2013, that price + 20k for the Hennessey upgrade puts you close to 2013 GT500 money.

BAD GT

Established Member
A Roush or Wipple installed will make over 600 rwhp on a boss and be very safe!

If your paying 20k for the Hennessey you could save 10K, for that much money you can buy a new motor so you dont need a warrenty. Ford will also still warrenty anything on the car that the modifications dont affect.

trakit

Established Member
^^^^These^^^^^^^

Sucks you already bought your 2013, that price + 20k for the Hennessey upgrade puts you close to 2013 GT500 money.

35k mustang+18k kit=53k invested. A new GT500 is 69k best deal I have seen. Hell yea I wish I could have a 2013 for 53k! Most are wanting 10k over sticker and I will not bring myself to pay over sticker. Here in Houston Mac Haik Ford has one they want 15k over!

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Stay far away from Hennessy. Guy it a fraud! Find a local shop, it'll be better and less expensive.

The guy has gone out of business like three different time, screwed several in the process, yet he make one new model car nice and pits a bunch of power to it and all is forgiven. I think its even worse that magazines dont step up and tell the true story. They just glaze over looking at the recent new toy he has created and its like the past never happened.

Go with a roush kit or steeda kit as they actually do honor there warranties and have been in the business a long time and ford shares full on data with them. If your willing to spend that kind of coin, why not go with a company that truly stands behind its product.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
we can do that with the vortech / paxton as well

True, but instant torque FTW.

The guy has gone out of business like three different time, screwed several in the process, yet he make one new model car nice and pits a bunch of power to it and all is forgiven. I think its even worse that magazines dont step up and tell the true story. They just glaze over looking at the recent new toy he has created and its like the past never happened.

John Hennessy is no longer behind the business aspect of the operation. Other than pretty outrageous pricing, they haven't had an issue in quite some time. Not defending past actions, but hell, even Kia has shown improvements!

OP, if a warranty is a real concern of yours, I know Tomball Ford is a licensed Ford Racing/Roush dealer and can do an install on your car that allows you retain your warranty. A coworker of mine has had everything Ford Racing has to offer installed by them on his GT500 and has no complaints. I'm sure there are others in Houston that can offer the same deal, and even though it will be pricey it will still be less than Hennessy most likely.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
True, but instant torque FTW.

For the win of what? Not e.t.?

Only one roots / screw type blower has been able to hang with the centrificals on these cars.

And that is the 4.0 Whipple. And it took 26 psi.

I am hoping to best that time when I get to a comparable track with 6-7 less psi.

The "instant torque" arguement is meaningless in reality.

Okay, so at 2000 rpms, you have more torque to get you to 5000 rpms quicker in 1st gear.

With the gearing in these cars, you are talking about 1 second of driving time.

AFter that, the HP takes over, when you shift in at 7500 into the next gear around 5500 rpms, that "instant torque" is meaningless.

the quickest car is a centrifical, the 2nd quickest is a whipple 4.0 @ 26 psi, then you have 4 centri cars.

Cruz car before the 4.0, with a 2.9 whipple änd a 100 shot of instant torque couldn't hang!

It's simply factual on these cars. on a 2v or 3v, they needed more help out of the hole. these engines are just better and more efficient

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
For 20k why not get the motor built and ken B.'s twin turbo and make 900+ hp. And prolly have a little left over.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

Only one roots / screw type blower has been able to hang with the centrificals on these cars.

I am hoping to best that time when I get to a comparable track with 6-7 less psi.

Okay, so at 2000 rpms, you have more torque to get you to 5000 rpms quicker in 1st gear.

AFter that, the HP takes over, when you shift in at 7500 into the next gear around 5500 rpms, that "instant torque" is meaningless.

the quickest car is a centrifical, the 2nd quickest is a whipple 4.0 @ 26 psi, then you have 4 centri cars.

Cruz car before the 4.0, with a 2.9 whipple änd a 100 shot of instant torque couldn't hang!

It's simply factual on these cars. on a 2v or 3v, they needed more help out of the hole. these engines are just better and more efficient

This!!! I dont even drive a 5.0 and have noticed that the centris are where its at on these cars. Hell to be honest i like em over roots/ts blowers on any platform.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Did I touch a nerve here? :lol: Roots are more fun on a DD, period. I don't know about you, but in my twice daily 45 min - 1.5 hr commute (slightly more than 1 sec last I checked), I don't see the 5500-7500 range all that often. THAT is my reality, so yes, the "instant torque" argument is completely meaningful. Nice rant, but next time don't light your fuse without knowing the simple facts mmk?

95PGTTech

Established Member
I like that kit too but not enough out there and I have heard bad things about the single so it leaves me concerned about the fitment. Also there is NO WARRANTY. I need a warranty. I do not have time to be fixing the car have it in a shop or mess with a rental car.

You can afford a $40K car?
You can afford a $20K blower kit?
You can afford the downtime to install said kit?

You can't afford to fix the car?
You can't afford the time to have it in a shop or a rental car?

Your story makes no sense.
You are a Hennessy troll, and your company still sucks.

DTL

Established Member
PD blowers can be HARD on rods, especially when it comes to stock rods. For that reason alone, I'd stay away from them.

trakit

Established Member

You are a Hennessy troll, and your company still sucks.[/QUO

Yes I can afford a 60k investment and I do not want it to break and if it does I do not want to pay for it. That is why I paid 60k!:rolling:
Just makes sense to me. Piece of mind. I know ppl hate on Hennessey thats nothing new(mostly their fault). I am considering others. I just like a warranty...honestly who wouldnt?

davidhuff

Established Member

Yes I can afford a 60k investment and I do not want it to break and if it does I do not want to pay for it. That is why I paid 60k!:rolling:
Just makes sense to me. Piece of mind. I know ppl hate on Hennessey thats nothing new(mostly their fault). I am considering others. I just like a warranty...honestly who wouldnt?
What world do you live in?
You want a race car with a warranty,give me a break.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
HPE700 Supercharged Upgrade Includes:
• TVS2300 Supercharger System - $6000
• Hennessey Strut Tower Brace
• Side Exhaust Bypass Opened - free
• Professional Installation - $2000, high guess
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing - $1000, high guess
• Hennessey HPE700 Exterior Badging
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey Carbon Fiber Door Sills
• Hennessey Premium Floor Mats
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty

so we have $9000 for a roush supercharger kit, installed and tuned at any reputable shop that isn't named hennessey. then you pay an extra $11000 for a strut tower brace that is an engineering joke - that ugly ass piece of shit couldn't help paper mache strut towers - exterior and interior badging to let every know that you were anally raped by hennessey(without lube presumably), serial numbered plates that don't mean shit, ricerific carbon fiber sill plates, overpriced floor mats(nice of them to include something to wipe your ass with when you're out of TP), and a warranty that you may require a lawyer to enforce.
yea, that's a great ****in deal:rollseyes

read this post if you want to know just how bad hennessey has ****ed people over...
For those who dont know the real story behind John Hennessey/Hennessey Performance | Forzacentral

Have you dealt with them recently? The warranty is in writing. I am not 100% sure that I am going to go that way but I want to add a blower to the car and no one else I have found will step to the plate and warranty their products!
i wipe my ass with paper. it doesn't mean shit when you have to take them to court before they'll back that warranty. maybe.

The Hennessey warranty makes no sense, I doubt one of these cars making 700hp on the stock bottom end would go 36,000 miles.
hennessey's HP numbers are crank estimates, this overpriced garbage will put down ~600 at the wheels.

I think its even worse that magazines dont step up and tell the true story.
there were a couple mainstream magazines that wrote articles, or at least blurbs, about hennessey's business practices. they were archived online on their respective websites. then one day they all just *vanished* for some reason:dw:

John Hennessy is no longer behind the business aspect of the operation. Other than pretty outrageous pricing, they haven't had an issue in quite some time. Not defending past actions, but hell, even Kia has shown improvements!
i don't remember kia parting out customer cars:dw: i don't care if he's been squeaky clean for 10 years now, there are still a LOT of guys he ****ed over that were never reimbursed.

95PGTTech

Established Member

With $60K you can buy a well optioned 2013 GT500 and get the same warranty, except one that will actually be honored.

Your story still makes no sense and adds up in so few ways.
You are still a Hennessy troll.

What department do you work in?

trakit

Established Member
With $60K you can buy a well optioned 2013 GT500 and get the same warranty, except one that will actually be honored.

What department do you work in?[/QUOTE

Haha. That is the second time someone asked if I work there. Man, nothing but hate. No, I work for s Govt Contractor it is much more boring Im sure.

And please show me where you can find a 2013 GT500 for 60k? Not MSRP. Cause you cant buy them for MSRP. :D I do not think you can.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

What department do you work in?[/QUOTE

Haha. That is the second time someone asked if I work there. Man, nothing but hate. No, I work for s Govt Contractor it is much more boring Im sure.

And please show me where you can find a 2013 GT500 for 60k? Not MSRP. Cause you cant buy them for MSRP. :D I do not think you can.

:poke: A base GT500 has an MSRP of $55k, however most are adding SVT Perf Pkg, Track Pkg, Recaro's....etc. Most dealers/owners are ordering fully optioned cars, but in theory you could order a low option car for mid-high 50's.

Users who are viewing this thread