• Haven't touched it

Votes: 366 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by LTHL VNM
i was fortunate to have mine painted, but they left 3 pieces of tape that they painted over so they were hanging off and i pulled them completely off and now i have a few 1''x3'' strips of unpainted area
I have seen this on several Terminators......seems stupid for Ford to go to the trouble of painting the underside of the hood and leave masking tape on it! I painted the blanket, did a clean job of the hood blanket mod with flex trim, and put it back on......had two pieces of painted tape to cover up..........

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
Since my Cobra is my daily driver, can anyone tell me if rain is a concern with this mod being done? How bad does the water come in?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
mine is daily driven with the hood blanket off and flaps open with no problems

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Mine is daily driven as well with the blanket removed and the flaps open! When I know it's going to rain I run out and just shut the vents to be safe. Also, I've never had a problem washing of driving it in the rain with the flaps closed. Hope that helps....

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
lafave said:
Since my Cobra is my daily driver, can anyone tell me if rain is a concern with this mod being done? How bad does the water come in?

I've had my hood blanket off for 27,000 miles with no problems. Daily driven first run cobra with 1 piece of painted over tape. Zero problems.

Just to put rainwater into perspective, a few things to think about. Your motor has nothing under it, so when it's raining out and you drive through a puddle your motor gets a nice bath. There's a big 14" x 5" hole in front of it, guess what it gets covered with when you drive in the rain? I don't believe that the vents let in a lot of water (think about the areodynamics of a moving vehicle and the positioning of the vents). Also, the vents are positioned between the S/C belt and the radiator, so when the vehicle is parked, water just falls straight down to the ground. In the end, the motor is a sealed unit and as long as no water makes it into the intake then you will have zero problems.

MY DREAM

Established Member
Anyone with an open air filter element, are you having trouble with water driping onto it? I was told that if you remove the blanket and the flaps for the vents, that when you wash it or it rains the water will pour right onto your filter, is this true?

James

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
MY DREAM said:
Anyone with an open air filter element, are you having trouble with water driping onto it? I was told that if you remove the blanket and the flaps for the vents, that when you wash it or it rains the water will pour right onto your filter, is this true?

James
Nope. :-D

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
My car is a first run cobra purchased july of 2002.I decided just the other day to pull the blanket off.Luckly it was painted with one piece of tape on it.I just cut the flaps off.It looks much cleaner now.I like the way it looks from the rear with the hood up,you can see threw the vents.It is more muscle car looking. :burnout:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
MY DREAM said:

James

Another Nope here...

BurnTire

Established Member
Hood mod here.
I cut it lower so I can close the flaps without having to pull the blanket off.

P1120015.JPG

sonicblurrr

Established Member
if anyone is concerned about hood blanket and vents open or paint. some saleens have no blanket open vents and resin hood with roots and no problems?

MY DREAM

Established Member
My main concern is weather or not water will leak onto an open filter element from the passenger side vent if the blanket were to be cut or removed and the vent flap ither removed or folded back. I see a lot of no, anyone have this prob?

James

BurnTire

Established Member
You shouldn't have any problems unless you take a hose to the vent hole an point it at the filter.

MY DREAM said:
My main concern is weather or not water will leak onto an open filter element from the passenger side vent if the blanket were to be cut or removed and the vent flap ither removed or folded back. I see a lot of no, anyone have this prob?

James

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
damn i gonna do this when i get home from work, and my hood is painted underneath. thanks for the idea guys. oh i'll be removing the blanket and most likely using velcro on the flaps, possibly just removing them.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
it's great when you are at a stop and you see all the heat vapors just pouring out of the vents......definately worth your time!

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
hey i went to go do this mod and theirs a silver cord of some sort that connects to my blanket, and then is screwed on my hood. does anyone know what i do about this if i want to remove my blanket? is that cord for the am/fm radio or something?

MY DREAM

Established Member
I believe it is a grounding strap and it helps block interferance from the engine electrical that affects the AM radio.

James

Wildcat

Established Member
hood mod

Just take off the hood blanket and take an exacto knife and remove the flap. Heat poors out of the vents and nothing will happen to your paint. Ii live in Florida. Ambient temperatures are hot and no problems with the paint.There are no problems with the radio/stereo.
At last, a cheap modification...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread