hood vents and heat

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
does it look open? there is 1/4" wire mesh painted black on there. my car sat without a hood all night so i could let it cure all night.

great mod, i recommend it to everyone wanting that heat extraction.

Cool...I didn't notice the installed mesh screens in the picture above...maybe because they are black and the picture isn't a close up???

Good job on the mod...but lose those fender stripes...those make the car look too busy IMHO!!!

:beer:

Later...Dave

Last edited:

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
Anybody want to sell their factory hood vents that have the flap on them? I'm worried about the rain.

COBRANATOR03

Established Member
hood cooling mod

hey, i came across this tread and thought i'd post my hood cooling mod. tell me what you think. i can't put pics on here i'll put them on chi svt.

COBRANATOR03

Established Member
hood cooling mod

hey, i came across this tread and thought i'd post my hood cooling mod. tell me what you think. i can't put pics on here i'll put them on chi svt.

heres the link

[ame=http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=916355#post916355]hood cooling mod - Chicago SVT[/ame]

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
does it look open? there is 1/4" wire mesh painted black on there. my car sat without a hood all night so i could let it cure all night.

great mod, i recommend it to everyone wanting that heat extraction.

you should definately take/post up some better pics, because the one you posted...YES it looks open. not only does it look open, but it looks like you just cut 2 big squares in your hood and then left it alone, with no final touches what so ever.

not trying to bash your hood job....just saying from that pic, since its not very close up, and possibly a bad angle...just doesnt do the hood job any justice.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Recently started open tracking the car and looking for better cooling in the AZ desert. I'm thinking about trying these louvers out. Figured I'd place them where sct2003 has his.

Genesis Technologies Carbon Fiber Race Car Hood Louvers

and these look like they would work great.

they also look about identical to what the other member (SCT or whoever) did a few pages back. just cut the holes, and add the vents!

thelpb

Established Member
Don't worry about the rain, honestly. I've driven through torrential storms with zero issues.

+1 I removed the factory vents 3 years ago along with the fire blanket and never looked back. They've been wide open Daily Driving through all kinds of Florida weather, touchless car washes, and my own driveway detailing and the only issue I have is that I have to clean the motor a little more often...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Email him. He probably won't see this thread looking at his post count.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Looks like they're pretty hard to find now, but how is the Saleen Extreme hood for dumping heat?

861d1197684794-montana-saleen-img_0748.jpg

Marc

Established Member
I want to do this so bad, but the underside of my hood looks like A$$. I have the aftermarket hood vents in right now, but the blanket is on. But, as summer approaches, I probably need to remove it. I have the 2.9 Whipple on there now.

cooper1320

Established Member
I heard that.You should feel the heat coming out of the vents when I park the car.
These are the vents I installed.
016-2.gif

ive been thinking about getting these vents, but since my car isn't kept in a garage will the rain mess up anything??

I was also just thinking about trimming my stock ones but I just don't want water or rain to effect the motor or mess anything up

will It be fine??

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
I have these vents on my car and the only thing that happens is that you get some water on your overflow tank

Ralo

Established Member
ive been thinking about getting these vents, but since my car isn't kept in a garage will the rain mess up anything??

I was also just thinking about trimming my stock ones but I just don't want water or rain to effect the motor or mess anything up

will It be fine??

I wouldn't run these if my car wasn't garaged or was daily driven. Water is a big ignition coil killer

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

will It be fine??
Yowzers, blast from the past. First, I assume you were searching when you found this, if so, all good. No issues with rain running these or similar.
I wouldn't run these if my car wasn't garaged or was daily driven. Water is a big ignition coil killer

I drove from my house to Orlando for a get together in a huge storm and had zero issues. It just runs down the front of the engine as posted above.

Users who are viewing this thread