I Took Advantage of the Declining Real Estate Market

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
lol i see Katrina's lesson has been forgotten already.

Not really, since I spent 10 days at Katrina. While I appreciate your gloom, I am fully aware of the situation here. NOLA sat 6 feet below msl, while this property is 12 feet above msl. Additionally, that is what insurance is for.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Cool. I'm hoping to take advantage in a couple of months if my house sells when I put it on the market.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Very nice, I wish we had nice water front properties here in Vegas. Other than Lake LV you need to be up in Tahoe in NV to get something with a great view

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Cool. I'm hoping to take advantage in a couple of months if my house sells when I put it on the market.

Very nice, I wish we had nice water front properties here in Vegas. Other than Lake LV you need to be up in Tahoe in NV to get something with a great view

Thank you. It is truly an amazing deal I have stumbled upon.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Congrats Adam! That is an excellent investment. Hope you have good luck with it all! My fiance and I are hoping to find a property to invest in during the few months.

yellowgt02

Established Member
Looks like a nice piece of property.

I dont know what real estate is going for down there, but here in Alberta, its ridiculous.

$225k for a 2bdrm Condo....Houses average price around here $350k

JasonSnake

Established Member
Where I'm from, Panama in Central America, property value is going up very high too. A lot of wealthy people are moving there thanks to the Panama Canal and the 1:1 dollar. Even after the 100 year U.S. contract with the canal was over, a lot of ex-military remained there and even my father wants to move back there for retirement. As a side note, Dell has outsourced operations there as well.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Congrats Adam. Sure does look like a nice piece of property. Makes it even nicer when you get it on the cheap! I'll ride my Jetski down and visit!

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Congrats Adam. Sure does look like a nice piece of property. Makes it even nicer when you get it on the cheap! I'll ride my Jetski down and visit!

Cool. I am drawing plans for my dock right now. It will have a covered gazabo at the end with lights and ceiling fan, plus cable tv and internet and a refrigerator. Plus two slips for up to 40' boat and a ride up ramp for three jet skis.

Come on down.

ssssnake

Established Member
Very nice Adam. I'm hoping to buy some more property, but my town is not having a real estate crisis. In fact, building is booming. I like the idea of the large garage for your home. Yeah, 4 cars plus room for other stuff. :rockon:

So....when will you be scheduling the next SVTP bash? ;-)

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Very nice Adam. I'm hoping to buy some more property, but my town is not having a real estate crisis. In fact, building is booming. I like the idea of the large garage for your home. Yeah, 4 cars plus room for other stuff. :rockon:

So....when will you be scheduling the next SVTP bash? ;-)

We can bash on the vacant land. I am putting the dock in right away, but the house wont be built for two or three years.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Cool. I am drawing plans for my dock right now. It will have a covered gazabo at the end with lights and ceiling fan, plus cable tv and internet and a refrigerator. Plus two slips for up to 40' boat and a ride up ramp for three jet skis.

Come on down.

You better be careful, I just might take you up on that offer! :beer:

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
Thats a sweet little slice o' pie ya got there! You definately bought at the right time . I'm down in Bradenton and the market is really bad for sellers . There are new subdivisions in my area with like 3 houses in them and not to mention the foreclosures galore . Too bad you cant build now , there would probably be builders linig up for your business .

Congratulations on your purchase! Lemme know when the Gazebo's done and the fridge is stocked with cold ones .

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread