Installed LED fogs PICS INSIDE!

Zeroescence

Established Member
I just put in a set of PIAA replacement lights, the 510's I think and they fit perfect and actually light up the road well enough you can drive at night with just them and the running lights on. This is not meant to take away from Bob's LED's or your lights, they look much better. I was saying this because I have a set of LED bulbs if anyone wants them. I have not tried them so I have no idea how bright they are, but if you want them let me know and I will mail them out, or if you are local, you can come pick them up.

I'll try them, how much do I owe you sir?

Last edited:

Myfast70

Established Member
Looks sweet! I'll have to add those to the list too. I noticed on the website that he also has LED's for the license plate. What are the from the factory? Are they also yellowish? If so, I may as well get them at the same time..

Sweet looking ride!! Your color was my next choice

peteypab2133

Established Member
Any updates to light output while driving?

Unfortunately I haven't driven the car since install. I taped the front end in Preparation for the 800 mile round trip I'm putting on it this weekend. It also started raining last night. I have 7 hours of night driving to report back with after tonight!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Looks sweet! I'll have to add those to the list too. I noticed on the website that he also has LED's for the license plate. What are the from the factory? Are they also yellowish? If so, I may as well get them at the same time..

Sweet looking ride!! Your color was my next choice

Yea, the plate bulbs look great too and for $15 shipped awesome deal. Same plate bulbs are $30 from american muscle

Here you can see factory yellow on left and LED white on right

ledplate.jpg

And installed on my car, sorry for low res cell phone shot

licenseplateatnightwithBOBLED.jpg

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
Got my new LED fogs from bobs autosports. I believe they are the updated version that has a little more power to em.

Anyways, they were easy to put in.

1) jack up car.
2) slide under car.
3) pull plastic flap back reach in take bulb out
4) do it in reverse
5) enjoy better looking fogs.

I did no have to unbolt anything, nor did I have to even get my sockets out.

The pictures dont do them extreme justice, and they look baller in person. I also think they MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT be decent on the street based on the garage door. I have used other LED's before and they barely glowed my garage, but these things actually look bright.

I have a long drive to PA on friday night, so I will test them out and get back to everyone.

The first picture is a overlay I did from a photo I took outside a few days back and a photo I took in the garage, but you can clearly see the difference.

The rest are self explanatory. Enjoy!

Bobsautosports you can thank me for the great review by sending me some of those reverse lights or dome lights your working on!! :lol1:

Thanks for sharing Petey, this is a great inexpensive, big wow factor mod.

Has to also be worth at least 30 hp @ the wheels :lol:

I will be getting a set for sure. :pepper:

peteypab2133

Established Member
waiting for more driving impressions.....:pop:

Car drives excellent DS haha. JK Hitting the road at 4pm. Have mountainous miles ahead, city driving, and hill billy back road deer dodging roads as well... ETA for PA is 1am.

peteypab2133

Established Member
After further review these are my final thoughts.

The stock bulbs didnt do much and were yellow tint, and I did not use them due to looking out of place.

I put 400 dark miles on the car tonight. I was on two lane back roads with trailer parks on both sides and no street lights testing these out. Don't expect to use only the fogs when driving. They are extremely bright but will not take place of your hid's. If you are knight rider you will do fine lol. But fogs are not supposed to anyway. I showed literally 15+ people these and they all agreed they look bad ass. I enjoy the way they look and literally the best $30 mod you can buy for the car. I would buy them again in a heart beat if they were to ever burn out!

Thanks for reading!

SteelTownStang

Established Member
You can't put HIDs in the fogs?

27 pages... read up: HID fogs 5202 6k ....heat bubbles - Page 27 - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum

I just put in a set of PIAA replacement lights, the 510's I think and they fit perfect and actually light up the road well enough you can drive at night with just them and the running lights on. This is not meant to take away from Bob's LED's or your lights, they look much better. I was saying this because I have a set of LED bulbs if anyone wants them. I have not tried them so I have no idea how bright they are, but if you want them let me know and I will mail them out, or if you are local, you can come pick them up.

Keep your eye on your fogs...The PIAAs have been known to melt the housings as well...

After further review these are my final thoughts.

The stock bulbs didnt do much and were yellow tint, and I did not use them due to looking out of place.

I put 400 dark miles on the car tonight. I was on two lane back roads with trailer parks on both sides and no street lights testing these out. Don't expect to use only the fogs when driving. They are extremely bright but will not take place of your hid's. If you are knight rider you will do fine lol. But fogs are not supposed to anyway. I showed literally 15+ people these and they all agreed they look bad ass. I enjoy the way they look and literally the best $30 mod you can buy for the car. I would buy them again in a heart beat if they were to ever burn out!

Thanks for reading!

Good review. I think that I'll pick up a set too...

Snoopy49

Established Member
I would like to see a review from someone that has actually used these lights in the fog. I would rather have good fog lights rather than bad ass looking ones that aren't effective in the fog. The color match isn't a big thing for me, the only time I use my fog lights is in the fog. Living on the coast, fog is sometimes a problem, not to mention the occasional deer.

Users who are viewing this thread