Installed LED fogs PICS INSIDE!

nocobrafornow

Established Member
Got my new LED fogs from bobs autosports. I believe they are the updated version that has a little more power to em.

Anyways, they were easy to put in.

1) jack up car.
2) slide under car.
3) pull plastic flap back reach in take bulb out
4) do it in reverse
5) enjoy better looking fogs.

I did no have to unbolt anything, nor did I have to even get my sockets out.

The pictures dont do them extreme justice, and they look baller in person. I also think they MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT be decent on the street based on the garage door. I have used other LED's before and they barely glowed my garage, but these things actually look bright.

I have a long drive to PA on friday night, so I will test them out and get back to everyone.

The first picture is a overlay I did from a photo I took outside a few days back and a photo I took in the garage, but you can clearly see the difference.

The rest are self explanatory. Enjoy!

just the running lights on.

LED with the running lights on also

Bobsautosports you can thank me for the great review by sending me some of those reverse lights or dome lights your working on!! :lol1:

car looks amazing, i have a question though. from what i have been able to find out the fog light bulb on the Shelby is different from the gt is that true? my reason for asking is i have an 11gt with the Roush bumper and foglight and my lights look just like yours and i would like to do this upgrade on mine. thanks shelby guys.

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Anybody else notice the LED bulbs don't seem to snap into place like the factory bulbs do? Seems like they don't fit properly or maybe it's just me.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Anybody else notice the LED bulbs don't seem to snap into place like the factory bulbs do? Seems like they don't fit properly or maybe it's just me.

Its a pretty tight fit. I often pulled out from under the car, and pushed it in while looking at the bulb. The times I couldnt get it to snap into place was becuase it was not perfectly even. After it was leveled out, it was snugged into place. I look at them every couple days to make sure they dont move.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Its a pretty tight fit. I often pulled out from under the car, and pushed it in while looking at the bulb. The times I couldnt get it to snap into place was becuase it was not perfectly even. After it was leveled out, it was snugged into place. I look at them every couple days to make sure they dont move.

Ok thanks I will go and check them again and make sure they are tight.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I can say after installing the LED fog light bulbs they are only for looks and give no usable light for night time driving, they do however look great.

jsdeweyusmc

Established Member
Would all of you please tell me when your plastic around the bulbs start to melt. There has been plenty of threads about changing your fog lights and the melting starts.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Would all of you please tell me when your plastic around the bulbs start to melt. There has been plenty of threads about changing your fog lights and the melting starts.

Most likely won't melt because the l e d runs a lot colder than the halogen bulb

For instance touch an l e d t v and you'll see it is that cool

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

the melting you speak of usually occurs when guys convert the figs to HID lights

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
I can say after installing the LED fog light bulbs they are only for looks and give no usable light for night time driving, they do however look great.

You need a different reflector for LEDs, my stinger work light is led and has a far brighter and longer range than regular bulbs...

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Well help us make these things shine!

Lol I have no clue how IMO, I thought about buying some replacement bulb assemblies and trying it on my parents exploder... Mind you it is a class 2 LED I am talking about so it may be restricted...

CDub

I can't stop
Established Member
Guys be sure to carefully inspect the install on these, here is why. Apparently the fog light housing does not line on with the bulb on one side. You will need to trim/cut the tab off the bulb so you get a secure fit.

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

BOD89LX

Established Member
That make sense as to why it only locks in place on one side I will take mine out and trim them thanks for the heads up.

farmboy90

Established Member
Guys be sure to carefully inspect the install on these, here is why. Apparently the fog light housing does not line on with the bulb on one side. You will need to trim/cut the tab off the bulb so you get a secure fit.

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

Sorry, I think I am blind. :) If this is a before and after picture, can you highlight what you trimmed? I can't tell what changed in these pictures.

CDub

I can't stop
Established Member
Sorry, I think I am blind. :) If this is a before and after picture, can you highlight what you trimmed? I can't tell what changed in these pictures.

Yeah sorry I was showing how it fits on one side but not the other. BTW I spoke with Steven who was great to talk with on the phone and sent him these picks so that he could make the revisions needed.

Snoopy49

Established Member

Can you notch the housing to match the tab on the bulb?

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
Got my new LED fogs from bobs autosports. I believe they are the updated version that has a little more power to em.

Anyways, they were easy to put in.

1) jack up car.
2) slide under car.
3) pull plastic flap back reach in take bulb out
4) do it in reverse
5) enjoy better looking fogs.

I did no have to unbolt anything, nor did I have to even get my sockets out.

The pictures dont do them extreme justice, and they look baller in person. I also think they MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT be decent on the street based on the garage door. I have used other LED's before and they barely glowed my garage, but these things actually look bright.

I have a long drive to PA on friday night, so I will test them out and get back to everyone.

The first picture is a overlay I did from a photo I took outside a few days back and a photo I took in the garage, but you can clearly see the difference.

The rest are self explanatory. Enjoy!

just the running lights on.

LED with the running lights on also

Bobsautosports you can thank me for the great review by sending me some of those reverse lights or dome lights your working on!! :lol1:

That's sex on wheels. I'd like to pretend I'll own one of those one day, unfortunately it is a little out of my price range.

finsrin

Established Member
To have fog lights on do parking or head lights need to be on?
Bet answer is yes.
Thatz how it is on 97 GT but there is a simple rewire to have fogs work on their own.
Think we are beyond days/years of a simple rewire.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Just the parking lightd have to be on and if headlights are on they go off when the high beams are turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread