Lethal Performance's Twelve Days of Christmas

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the support guys! Definitely made a good choice taking advantage of this. You won't be disappointed with your kits!
:beer:

TheMoonRulez#1

Established Member
I am not typically the type of person that likes to make a big stink. But I officially had a terrible experience with Lethal. I called mid afternoon asked a few questions about a Whipple 2.9 tuner kit for my 2011 Mustang Gt. Asked the woman I talked to for what the actual price is. She told me it + shipping. It says on your site free shipping. She told me they were supposed to take that down off the site and that i had to pay for shipping. Which typically runs $80. I was slightly annoyed by that, but thought about it for awhile and decided to do it. Called after i was done with work to order the kit. The woman I talked to this time told me that they weren't able to honor the advertised price of 10% off that was posted on Facebook like 10 times today. That she could only give me 5% off. I actually don't know what to say. I am shocked. Well you lost a sale and a customer.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am not typically the type of person that likes to make a big stink. But I officially had a terrible experience with Lethal. I called mid afternoon asked a few questions about a Whipple 2.9 tuner kit for my 2011 Mustang Gt. Asked the woman I talked to for what the actual price is. She told me it + shipping. It says on your site free shipping. She told me they were supposed to take that down off the site and that i had to pay for shipping. Which typically runs $80. I was slightly annoyed by that, but thought about it for awhile and decided to do it. Called after i was done with work to order the kit. The woman I talked to this time told me that they weren't able to honor the advertised price of 10% off that was posted on Facebook like 10 times today. That she could only give me 5% off. I actually don't know what to say. I am shocked. Well you lost a sale and a customer.

We're definitely sorry about that. It's really not our intention to upset our customers. The free shipping should have been taken down. It was missed on a few kits while we we're preparing for the sale and was misquoted. We also weren't notified by Whipple until after you called early in the day for a quote that this particular kit as well as the other 2011+ 5.0 kits wouldn't be eligible for the discount that was offered on their other kits. They would be losing money on the kit and therefore reserve the right to not sell it with the discount.

It's the same for us. As much as we would like your business were not in a position lose money on it. It's like paying you to buy a kit from us. So just as they had the right we had the right to choose not to lose money on it as well.

I'm sorry that it ended up that way. I still feel that you'd be getting a great deal on the kit with the discounted price Christy went over with you but that's obviously your choice. If you happen to change your mind tomorrow let us know and we'll do the best we can to help you out.

Hope that gives you a better understanding of what went down.

Thanks,
Jared

Last edited:

redrockett

Established Member
Thank you for sharing this. If someone has a posted price on their site they should honor it. That's a good way to lose a good customer!

Last edited:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Thank you for sharing this. If someone has a posted price on their site they should honor it. It is their fault it was still there not yours. If they posted a discount on facebook today they should honor that too. Thanks again for the heads up. I am building a procharged car now and was getting a list of things together and Lethal was one site I was looking at to purchase a lot from. I will stay clear now. Thank you!!

Not going with Lethal Performance because of one misunderstanding is just being an ignorant consumer (not assuming redrockett is a ignorant customer, just don't want bad gouge out there). Search the thousands of "Thank you" threads to get a better spread.

Yes it sucks, but when a vendor changes the deal on the seller, their hands are tied. If you think they are going to lose money on the deal, well, keep thinking.

Last edited:

TheMoonRulez#1

Established Member
We're definitely sorry about that. It's really not our intention to upset our customers. The free shipping should have been taken down. It was missed on a few kits while we we're preparing for the sale and was misquoted. We also weren't notified by Whipple until after your order was placed that this particular kit as well as the other 2011+ 5.0 kits wouldn't be eligible for the discount that was offered on their other kits. They would be losing money on the kit and therefore reserve the right to not sell it with the discount.

It's the same for us. As much as we would like your business were not in a position lose money on it. It's like paying you to buy a kit from us. So just as they had the right we had the right to choose not to lose money on it as well.

I'm sorry that it ended up that way. I still feel that you'd be getting a great deal on the kit with the discounted price Christy went over with you but that's obviously your choice. If you happen to change your mind tomorrow let us know and we'll do the best we can to help you out.

Hope that gives you a better understanding of what went down.

Thanks,
Jared

I understand that it is not completely your (Lethal Performance's) fault. Maybe I am wrong, but it was my understanding that an advertised price is the price you pay. Whether the business makes a mistake or a takes a loss isn't the real issue here its making the customer happy and going the extra mile for future business. I WAS planning on purchasing one of your tunes also. I am a brand/business loyal person. I think most people are. I mean come on seriously we are talking about a couple hundred dollars difference here. Its not going to be a terrible loss. That was what really got me irked enough to post something about my experience.

TheMoonRulez#1

Established Member
Not going with Lethal Performance because of one misunderstanding is just being an ignorant consumer. Search the thousands of "Thank you" threads to get a better spread.

Yes it sucks, but when a vendor changes the deal on the seller, their hands are tied. If you think they are going to lose money on the deal, well, keep thinking.

I agree completely. Like I said it is not entirely Lethal's fault. I am sure they do have tons of happy customers.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
So tomorrow when the JLT stuff goes on sale what all is available? Might be dumb question but is it just stuff on your site? I'm wanting to buy the JLT carbon fiber sri (full kit), the matching heat shield, carbon fiber coil covers, oil seperator (driver side) silver in color, pre filter (passenger side) silver in color, and maybe a shirt. Can all this be purchased at the same time?

Thanks for the help and the awesome 12 Days of Christmas promotion.

The sale will be for all JLT branded products :beer:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
All day today at Lethal Performance we will be offering 10% off JLT products. Give us a call if you have any questions in regards to products you may not see on the website. Taking phone orders from 9AM-9PM EST

day6_JLT.jpg

Last edited:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Time to wrap up this week with another great sale! All of you guys who like hitting the track but don't have a camera? Look no further! It's time to take advantage of this sale and pick up a Go-Pro! The most popular HD camera on the market today! Give us a call today to place your order and receive 10% OFF!

day7_gopro.jpg

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We're in the home stretch now!! Only five days left of the biggest sale of the year brought to you by Lethal Performance!! Today is 10% OFF Kooks related products!! Give us a call with any questions or if you would like to place an order between the hours of 9AM-9PM EST!!

day8_kooks.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread