My uncle just bought a VIPER and flipped it! Pics inside!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Well, the were obviously no rear impact unless I little kid on a 10speed swiped him. I think someone lost control of it but doesn't want to admit to crashing his brand new Viper.

On a more serious note, I am glad they are both living.

Established Member
for those mentioning it, the roads were bone dry and it was still bright and sunny out. It happened about 5:45 pm and it hasn't rained here in several days.
He was not "on it" and tearing into the car. As mentioned, it was just pulled out of his neighborhood right up the road and he said he knew the motor was cold.......and he knows better than to rip on a motor that's ambient temp.

Plus, from the road to where the car came to rest, it's a very short distance. If there were much speed involved, it would have been a much longer distance.

Passenger, = broken leg in 4 places, 2 fractured neck vertebrae, broken arm, broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. They are keeping him sedated, so nobody knows what he has to say at this time.

I brought the ejected passengers jacket back from the junkyard to my uncles house for him since it had all of his keys in it and there's tire marks / skids all the way across the back of the jacket. How in the hell did that happen? I know he was ejected, but that means he had to pop out, hit the ground and the car slide over him through the mud before it flipped......or.......while he was flying through the air, the car was too and the rotation of the car caused the tire to "swipe" across his back in mid air. These were big dark streaks / lines....easily recognizable as the tire that did it.

I know my uncle well enough to say that if he was being an idiot, he would have told me. That's not to say that I would have repeated that here though. If that were the case, I would have simply said, check out my uncles wrecked viper, 24 hours into ownership and that would have been it.

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
He slid a pretty good way and knocked down a pine tree and kept going further past that. He wasnt going 30-40 man. Come on.

He was getting on it(yes you can get on it and lose control with out a freaking burnout) maybe went of the road a bit locked up the brakes. Hit the driveway, flipped and slid some more.

Just my silly opinion.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow!

Cars can be fixed or replaced, I hope the people get the attention they need and fully recover.

I have owned 2 replica Cobras, the last one had a 418W and made 440 at the rears. Just cold tires is enough to cause a spinout. We had a fellow enthusiast killed just cruising on a cold day, blipped the gas and hit a tree.

Glad ur uncle and passenger are alive, the rest will sort out.

Eric

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
oh man, it's a good thing your uncle came out of it fine, hope the othe guy's gonna be allright.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
i wonder if that big piece of wood was part of, like maybe it was on the ground, and with how low the car is, it got caught up somehow, just a guess, from a quick glimpse of the pics.

another thing is, i think that cars now have ablack box, like a plane. only dodge could tell u what speed the car was going and if the seat belts were on and if the brakes were locked up. that box can tell u the exact condition of all the sensors when it crrashed.

Last edited:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Looks like there is a slight hill in the background. I'm guessing that he went too fast over that and heard a pop when he came back down before losing control. I wonder if there are scrapes on the belly pan?

EDIT: My friend just pointed out the tires that have all of the dirt caked in it. He got the car 180* before going off the road.

viper003no4.jpg

Last edited:

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
:just wait and see what the other guy says when he wakes up, then everyone on here who said your uncle isnt telling the truth will be right...:D

Sonic_GT

Established Member
judging by the first pic it looks like he lost it and went into the yard then hit that tree and the tree caused the car to flip over. the tire marks lead up to the tree and then there are marks behind it. don't know what the pop could have been but i doubt the driveshaft broke.

ZeroFear

Banned
man that sucks so bad for the other guy. he is prolly gona be messed up for at least a year. id rather be dead that have all those injurys.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
also, maybe he kicked up that huge ass piece of wood which hit the car causing a "boom". then he got spooked, lost it and then crashed. :shrug:

Established Member
DC97Cobra said:
Looks like there is a slight hill in the background. I'm guessing that he went too fast over that and heard a pop when he came back down before losing control. I wonder if there are scrapes on the belly pan?

EDIT: My friend just pointed out the tires that have all of the dirt caked in it. He got the car 180* before going off the road.

viper003no4.jpg

AS THE PICS SHOW and as the accident investigator said in ealier posts, the car is pointing "forward" before the driveway (look how narrow the tracks are, like the car is going straight) then, after the driveway, the spread of the tire marks shows the car is now sidways sliding through the mud. This indicates the car spinning 90 degrees while airborne across the driveway.

And as for the hill, he turned out of his neighborhood which is at the bottom of that hill, so he never "came down the hill".

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like he came in veering off the road, turning a bit to the right (towards the passenger's side), continued to spin until the driver's side was headed towards the tree, where the two wheels started digging into the grass. Driver's side door is demonlished after hitting the tree. I'm guessing the car flipped due to the driver's side wheels digging in and then hitting the tree, flipping the car over where it landed behind the tree and dug into the grass.

Did he nail that pieceof 4x4 in the lawn? Maybe that knocked out his steering and that was the loud bang? I could see it flipping without going that fast - digging into the ground like that would already put the Viper up on one side a bit, the tree could finish it off and make it go all the way over.:shrug:

Sonic_GT

Established Member
he must have hit the tree with the driver side door and that caused the flipping of the car.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Looks like he came in veering off the road, turning a bit to the right (towards the passenger's side), continued to spin until the driver's side was headed towards the tree, where the two wheels started digging into the grass. Driver's side door is demonlished after hitting the tree. I'm guessing the car flipped due to the driver's side wheels digging in and then hitting the tree, flipping the car over where it landed behind the tree and dug into the grass.

Did he nail that pieceof 4x4 in the lawn? Maybe that knocked out his steering and that was the loud bang? I could see it flipping without going that fast - digging into the ground like that would already put the Viper up on one side a bit, the tree could finish it off and make it go all the way over.:shrug:

thats exactly what i think happened. case solved, lol.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Damn that sucks. I have wrecked more vipers in the PS2 Gran Turismo 4 than any other car. They have oversteer from hell.

Seriously, it looks like he lost it when getting on it.

Users who are viewing this thread