New Toy: 2023 Ducati Panigale V4S

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Starting your own thread is the most logical solution. Allows people the opportunity to decide if they want to read your shit or not.

I get tired of clicking on a thread like, "Check out these huge tits"...and then getting into it just to start reading about how you work 77.1 hours a day and have a piss yellow Corvette.
shades of that Rev preacher guy or whatever his username was from GA

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice setup!! Love me a turbo busa.

I have a set of Brembo t-slot rotors to go on the front of the Hyper. Next time that comes apart. lol. I will look into the Fedoro pads when these wear out.

Because of the ABS module being buried under the air box, changing calipers on this things was a bitch. Had to get down to ABS module, then carefully measure line length from there out to caliper. Then guess at what angle/type of banjo fitting each end needed. Spiegler was great. Luckily I got my lines right in one-shot. I thought for sure I'd **** that up and need to two-putt the lines.

dan1982

Established Member
Very nice setup!! Love me a turbo busa.

I have a set of Brembo t-slot rotors to go on the front of the Hyper. Next time that comes apart. lol. I will look into the Fedoro pads when these wear out.

Because of the ABS module being buried under the air box, changing calipers on this things was a bitch. Had to get down to ABS module, then carefully measure line length from there out to caliper. Then guess at what angle/type of banjo fitting each end needed. Spiegler was great. Luckily I got my lines right in one-shot. I thought for sure I'd **** that up and need to two-putt the lines.
bikes are always fussy..... This busa is a gen1. it wasnt even a radial brake setup on the forks. a axial to radial conversion was necessary. I had adapters made/ custom lines. Let me know what you think about these calipers please. I have my opinion, but i would love to hear what YOU think first. Do you think they are worth 1500 bucks? They even have TITANIUM pistons available for these brakes..... JPB V3 Titanium Brake Caliper Piston . These pistons are lighter than the stock brake caliper pistons and ALSO transfer MUCH less heat... worth a look if you track it. Im in the process of shedding as much weight as possible, so im spending money on dumb shyt like this. Carbon fiber BS and titanium. Got lightweight axles coming/ DME lightweight subframe.... So as far as the big stuff is concerned, ive taken this pig as far as i can take it. Its as light as i can get it without getting crazy and drilling holes in stuff. One other thing..... when ure ready for a battery replacement, FULL SPECTRUM has many models available and superlight options. I ended up getting a p10s with 720CCA...... If u get any POWER PULSE IPT battery they warranty it for 5 YEARS. I couldnt be happier with the battery. I went through hell with this bike sucking the life out of lightweight racing batteries... just the bosch 044 fuel pump draws quite a bit. This FS battery is amazing.

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
what is the deal with tuning the SD 1290? not trying to derail but i've wanted one for awhile and i'm between that and a V4S

dan1982

Established Member
what is the deal with tuning the SD 1290? not trying to derail but i've wanted one for awhile and i'm between that and a V4S
bren tuning.... BT Moto | 50 State Legal Performance ECU Tuning And Race Parts . I doubt you will get too much out of that bike though. Its not restricted like the liter bike monsters. The throttle blades are in fact almost wide open at WOT... not 60 percent open like most liter bikes. For ANYONE reading this though.. if you have a GOOD bike shop with a dyno local... Woolich is better... it comes with an actual wideband where u can really really dial in the fueling. Bren tuning is a canned tune. MOST are canned tunes. Everyone shyts on power commanders now... BUTT if u have a good shop that knows their shyt.... u can REALLY get max power out of some bikes. It all depends on the tuner and what he KNOWS and prefers. Tuning this turbo bike with multiple fuels and boost levels took over 8 hours/ the part throttle stuff took FOREVER. Its allll about the tuner. Bren tuning got 215 HP AT THE WHEEL with a custom v4R tune on MR12. again... this wasnt a canned tune.. this took some time and love on the dyno.

Last edited:

dan1982

Established Member
That is sick, bro. I have been thinking about an old school 929 but am too big of a pussy.
Just sayin.. a STOCK gen1 hayabusa can be bought for 5000 bucks. A stock gen1 hayabusa will take an 80-100 shot on a stock motor(when you feel ready). that nets 260/270/280HP.... a Gen2 will take some spray also, but its got light ass valve springs and ti valves and higher compression. a gen2 wont take as much spray as the gen1 in stock form. As long as you dont try to hang the throttle open for 3 miles... ull never hurt that gen1. I know a guy that had 1500 1/4 passes on a gen1 on spray. 1500!!!!! The bike slowed down a tenth of a second and he knew it was time for rings/ freshen up. A 929 aint taking any spray... nothing coming out of italy is either, some try a 40 shot fogging the airbox.... but its highly questionable. You like going real fast, and a 280HP busa would be PLENTY. and cheap. You could even datalog and tune the thing yourself..... fuk the dyno. pull a few degrees of timing and spray the house down. (ECUeditor) is free if you know where to look, all tuning can be done via ecueditor. A mistake was made in this video and an 80 or 100 shot was applied from the hit on this bike and well.... watch. He is a good rider though.............

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
bikes are always fussy..... This busa is a gen1. it wasnt even a radial brake setup on the forks. a axial to radial conversion was necessary. I had adapters made/ custom lines. Let me know what you think about these calipers please. I have my opinion, but i would love to hear what YOU think first. Do you think they are worth 1500 bucks? They even have TITANIUM pistons available for these brakes..... JPB V3 Titanium Brake Caliper Piston . These pistons are lighter than the stock brake caliper pistons and ALSO transfer MUCH less heat... worth a look if you track it. Im in the process of shedding as much weight as possible, so im spending money on dumb shyt like this. Carbon fiber BS and titanium. Got lightweight axles coming/ DME lightweight subframe.... So as far as the big stuff is concerned, ive taken this pig as far as i can take it. Its as light as i can get it without getting crazy and drilling holes in stuff. One other thing..... when ure ready for a battery replacement, FULL SPECTRUM has many models available and superlight options. I ended up getting a p10s with 720CCA...... If u get any POWER PULSE IPT battery they warranty it for 5 YEARS. I couldnt be happier with the battery. I went through hell with this bike sucking the life out of lightweight racing batteries... just the bosch 044 fuel pump draws quite a bit. This FS battery is amazing.

Honestly, I think I could've gotten the same braking power from the RCS 19 MC and better pads with stock Brembo calipers. But the GP4's do look sexy AF. So there is that...

I switched to a lithium this winter as well. Amazing how light that battery is but with more CCA. I believe the Hyper's have a battery drain issue where, over time, the battery doesn't have enough voltage, or in reality, an under-designed power system. It constantly needs to be on a tender. I'm chasing a starting issue with it and the most consistent starts I've had, now, is with the lithium battery with the extra umph. The throttle bodies clogged with gunk from the gas tank interacting with the US Ethanol gas didn't help either. ****ing Italians lol. The pics below are from 882 miles of riding (from brand new).

If you're like me, and unlikely to use anything other than a factory supplied tune, the KTM will require you to remove the factory headlights and turn signals to function. Basically when the ECU powers up it checks for the lights. If it detects lights, with the race tune installed, it'll disable starting. The way around this is to use an on-delay timer. Basically when you key-on, the ECU powers up, then 1 or 2 seconds later the timer closes and re-connects the lights. I would've done the SD1290 too had it not been for that. I'm not a fan of cutting factory wiring. I'll un-pin/re-pin connectors but not cut. I guess I could've made up a Duetsch plug-in hardness with the timer installed but didn't think of that at the time. I had to settle for the peasant V4S... lol

I've done custom tunes in the past. For me, and how I ride, unless it's a major rideability issue, I'm not chasing tenths enough to justify a custom tune. Like @dan1982 says, the chances of grenading something with nitrous or a turbo are very high. That's not the game I like to play anymore. My white New Balance and Jean shorts don't look good on side of highway with a smoking hole where my bike once stood.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

dan1982

Established Member
Honestly, I think I could've gotten the same braking power from the RCS 19 MC and better pads with stock Brembo calipers. But the GP4's do look sexy AF. So there is that...

I switched to a lithium this winter as well. Amazing how light that battery is but with more CCA. I believe the Hyper's have a battery drain issue where, over time, the battery doesn't have enough voltage, or in reality, an under-designed power system. It constantly needs to be on a tender. I'm chasing a starting issue with it and the most consistent starts I've had, now, is with the lithium battery with the extra umph. The throttle bodies clogged with gunk from the gas tank interacting with the US Ethanol gas didn't help either. ****ing Italians lol. The pics below are from 882 miles of riding (from brand new).

If you're like me, and unlikely to use anything other than a factory supplied tune, the KTM will require you to remove the factory headlights and turn signals to function. Basically when the ECU powers up it checks for the lights. If it detects lights, with the race tune installed, it'll disable starting. The way around this is to use an on-delay timer. Basically when you key-on, the ECU powers up, then 1 or 2 seconds later the timer closes and re-connects the lights. I would've done the SD1290 too had it not been for that. I'm not a fan of cutting factory wiring. I'll un-pin/re-pin connectors but not cut. I guess I could've made up a Duetsch plug-in hardness with the timer installed but didn't think of that at the time. I had to settle for the peasant V4S... lol

I've done custom tunes in the past. For me, and how I ride, unless it's a major rideability issue, I'm not chasing tenths enough to justify a custom tune. Like @dan1982 says, the chances of grenading something with nitrous or a turbo are very high. That's not the game I like to play anymore. My white New Balance and Jean shorts don't look good on side of highway with a smoking hole where my bike once stood.
I came to the exact same conclusion... the master cylinder is really cool with the adjustability, and everyone ranted and raved about these nickel plated brembos.... I just dont see the same thing as they see. They arent bad... but i dont think they are doing a 1500 dollar job. The nickel plating was a MASTERFUL marketing strategy.

dan1982

Established Member
Oh yeah. Just got delivered today. My first 5 miles on it warped my brain. Still recovering. Lol. I had a customer call just as I got my helmet off. He asks: Are you alright? Lol. I was so winded I could barely utter words. Then roll right into utility compliance issues for his car shredder. Lol.

Anyway, 2023 V4S. It has the factory magnesium wheels, Akra high mount full titanium exhaust, dry clutch, and, of course, all the little extra carbon bits. Ducati lists HP, with this exhaust, at 228 and dry weight at 386 lbs. The exhaust drops 11 lbs and wheels drop around 2 lbs-ish (no real hard data on that). So figure, dry, it weighs 373 lbs??

It is an absolutely rocket ship. My last “fast” bike was the 2012 Pani S. The V4 is several orders of magnitude more {insert everything}.

As I get more miles I’m sure the sensation will temper.

My Hypermotard also. She’s in the midst of an extensive brake upgrade.

View attachment 1800307View attachment 1800308View attachment 1800306View attachment 1800309
Have you turned off allllll the electronic controls and nannies yet and done a WOT pull? Ill bet that thing is like a pogo stick with no electronic controls! That short wheelbase and over 200HP is gonna come waaaay up. CAN YOU defeat the wheelie control/traction control completely? I figure u might like this video.. This guy is one of the best riders ive ever seen.... THIS CRAZY SOB is on a gen2 hayabusa with the gp4rx brakes and ohlins forks,,,,
20220814_115606-jpg.1668705

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you turned off allllll the electronic controls and nannies yet and done a WOT pull? Ill bet that thing is like a pogo stick with no electronic controls! That short wheelbase and over 200HP is gonna come waaaay up. CAN YOU defeat the wheelie control/traction control completely? I figure u might like this video.. This guy is one of the best riders ive ever seen.... THIS CRAZY SOB is on a gen2 hayabusa with the gp4rx brakes and ohlins forks,,,,
20220814_115606-jpg.1668705

Uhhhh.... Hell no. Not now and not tomorrow. lol. I have a severe phobia of dying.

That busa is beautiful!!

dan1982

Established Member
Uhhhh.... Hell no. Not now and not tomorrow. lol. I have a severe phobia of dying.

That busa is beautiful!!
I just cant believe he can push past those liter bikes.... its surreal. The guys skills on that big busa are unbelievable. The only mods he did were gp4rx brakes/ ohlins suspension/ pipe/ and set of dymag wheels. standard issue racetrack stuff. Bike is still 500 pounds.
20220814_115650-jpg.1668706

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That seems about right. I've got about 382 miles on it. It is unreal. Way beyond me. I'm still trying to feel what she wants. I'm getting close but this girl is very demanding.

I did a back-to-back ride from the Pani to the Hyper yesterday. About 18 miles on each. Getting off the Pani (dripping wet with sweat and entirely out of breath) and jump on the Hyper is a total relief. Ahh, a bike that doesn't want to disembowel me...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think I'm set on getting the new Panigale V2 in the stealth black. Just got to find the right one and I want to go used this time to avoid the ridiculous additional costs.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think I'm set on getting the new Panigale V2 in the stealth black. Just got to find the right one and I want to go used this time to avoid the ridiculous additional costs.
Great choice. Awesome bike. I really think that bike is the perfect balance of power and rideability. 155 HP is perfect. Plus the 955 cc gives me all kinds of nostalgia wood. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread