IMG_2382.jpeg
    698.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    671.9 KB · Views: 32

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That’s sick man, I’ve never done a track day before. We’ve talked about going to one down here, and renting a bike. It’s $400 but to be honest if I lay it down I don’t have to worry because the insurance I pay there covers it. It’s a good peace of mind.

Yeah, the cost of wadding the bike is concerning. That is ultimately how I sold my CFO on letting me get the KTM. Dropping either Ducati would smoke more in accessories than the KTM cost. So just a lower barrier and cheaper to run. Evently, once I get some more track experience and confidence, I do plan on ripping both Ducs. I may have 27 years experience on the street but that ain't shit around a track.

COTA has a track day sponsored by Ducati in September. That is my "50 Year Old Bucket list". Running the Pani, with slicks, at COTA.

Plus I'm anxious to test out my camping rig with the trailer, etc. I more excited about the adventure part of track days than, possibly, the track day itself. Time alone and peaceful sounds ****ing great.

LS WUT

Established Member
Yeah, the cost of wadding the bike is concerning. That is ultimately how I sold my CFO on letting me get the KTM. Dropping either Ducati would smoke more in accessories than the KTM cost. So just a lower barrier and cheaper to run. Evently, once I get some more track experience and confidence, I do plan on ripping both Ducs. I may have 27 years experience on the street but that ain't shit around a track.

COTA has a track day sponsored by Ducati in September. That is my "50 Year Old Bucket list". Running the Pani, with slicks, at COTA.

Plus I'm anxious to test out my camping rig with the trailer, etc. I more excited about the adventure part of track days than, possibly, the track day itself. Time alone and peaceful sounds ****ing great.
Extremely jealous man, I’ve only been riding I want to say about 10 years now. So I’m a tad nervous myself. Been practicing more and more. I think after my 150 foot roll has me a tad more conscious of my corners, etc. to be expected though. I hope you have a blast man!

bird_dog0347

Established Member

I did a COTA track day back in 2014 on my ZX-10R with slicks and man... that track will wear you out! The fastest speed I saw down the back straight was 167 and I was still full throttle but I was focused on my brake marker as T12 is tight especially after those speeds! I haven't been down there since but I hear it needs a repave now and is bumpy.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did a COTA track day back in 2014 on my ZX-10R with slicks and man... that track will wear you out! The fastest speed I saw down the back straight was 167 and I was still full throttle but I was focused on my brake marker as T12 is tight especially after those speeds! I haven't been down there since but I hear it needs a repave now and is bumpy.

Thats awesome. I am on a mission to improve my fitness. Figure my fitness is directly proportional to ability and enjoyment on-track. I think it's really easy to underestimate how much effort it takes to ride a bike hard.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some new bling. Panigale got some Woodcraft rearsets and a CNC 520 conversion. Hyper got the ol’ Samco hose treatment. Both got converted to Engine Ice coolant so I can run in Intermediate at the track.

Lastly the Pani is getting a Bren stage 2 tune later this week. It doesn’t need more power. Just better throttle response and low end tuning. She’s a little rough/wooden from 0-20% throttle. Taking off, especially with the dry clutch, is an adventure. Hoping to smooth that out. Especially with the 1:1 throttle control with the Stage 2. Going between a cable throttle and a RBW throttle really makes me miss the good old days. I like being in control of the gas. Call me old fashion... lol.

PANI_520_SM.jpg
PANI_WC_1_SM.jpg
PANI_WC_2_SM.jpg
PANI_WC_3_SM.jpg

HYPER_SM.jpg

BREN_SM.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Some new bling. Panigale got some Woodcraft rearsets and a CNC 520 conversion. Hyper got the ol’ Samco hose treatment. Both got converted to Engine Ice coolant so I can run in Intermediate at the track.

Lastly the Pani is getting a Bren stage 2 tune later this week. It doesn’t need more power. Just better throttle response and low end tuning. She’s a little rough/wooden from 0-20% throttle. Taking off, especially with the dry clutch, is an adventure. Hoping to smooth that out. Especially with the 1:1 throttle control with the Stage 2. Going between a cable throttle and a RBW throttle really makes me miss the good old days. I like being in control of the gas. Call me old fashion... lol.

View attachment 1834997View attachment 1834998View attachment 1834999View attachment 1835000
View attachment 1835002
View attachment 1835001

I hate you.

Users who are viewing this thread