New Toy: 2023 Ducati Panigale V4S

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Put both bikes on the dyno today. Will have good video and audio for both bikes in a couple weeks.

For now here is an iPhone filmed short for the Pani. This absolutely doesn’t do this justice. Standing in the dyno room with this thing at full song was incredible. 16,500 RPM is no joke. Best pull was 193 HP.

Hyper made a rockin 103 HP and 70 lbs/ft.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Here is the 193 HP run. Full steam to 16,500. My brain hurts thinking about those piston speeds and g forces.

toy story cup GIF

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They redline at 16,500!? I though 13-14k was the highest the Jap bikes were revving. Is that normal these days for bikes?

Yessir. I believe the V4R spins to 17,000. Ti con rods and more over square. Less CC.

Not exactly sure what the jap bikes or BMW spin to??

Hey, I was wrong. Redline is not 16.5k. It is 15.5k. I went back and looked at older video of dash to confirm. I believe the V4R spins to 16.5k.

Here are the graphs for each bike.

Hypermotard

HYPERMOTARD.jpg

Panigale. The green line run, the dip, is from the traction control kicking in. I was standing just to the side and behind the bike when it did that. I may have soiled myself. That was loud. lol

PANIGALE.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hey, I was wrong. Redline is not 16.5k. It is 15.5k. I went back and looked at older video of dash to confirm. I believe the V4R spins to 16.5k.

Here are the graphs for each bike.

Hypermotard

View attachment 1821232

Panigale. The green line run, the dip, is from the traction control kicking in. I was standing just to the side and behind the bike when it did that. I may have soiled myself. That was loud. lol

View attachment 1821233

That still seems really high of a redline, but maybe I'm just behind on my knowledge of what newer bikes are spinning up to. Do the Japanese bikes spin higher than that?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That still seems really high of a redline, but maybe I'm just behind on my knowledge of what newer bikes are spinning up to. Do the Japanese bikes spin higher than that?
Yeah, absolutely insanity. To be fair, with the full exhaust and Racing ECU from Ducati, that is what raises the RPM to 15.5k. If I'm not mistaken, bone stock ECU will give 14.5k.

Seems like the jap bikes spin to 13k-14k rpm.

Here is a short vid of the dash. This was an evening drunken "I gotta start my bike" episode. Sorry neighbors. lol.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yeah, absolutely insanity. To be fair, with the full exhaust and Racing ECU from Ducati, that is what raises the RPM to 15.5k. If I'm not mistaken, bone stock ECU will give 14.5k.

Seems like the jap bikes spin to 13k-14k rpm.

Here is a short vid of the dash. This was an evening drunken "I gotta start my bike" episode. Sorry neighbors. lol.

Especially coming from Ducati, I'm just not used to their bikes spinning so fast. I think my 848's redline was 12,500 and with the V twin it made sense that it was less RPM with more low end grunt, but that must be one of the big perks of the new V4, but they still managed to keep the low end torque and the sound which is amazing.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Put both bikes on the dyno today. Will have good video and audio for both bikes in a couple weeks.

For now here is an iPhone filmed short for the Pani. This absolutely doesn’t do this justice. Standing in the dyno room with this thing at full song was incredible. 16,500 RPM is no joke. Best pull was 193 HP.

Hyper made a rockin 103 HP and 70 lbs/ft.

WAAAAANT!!!!!!

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Especially coming from Ducati, I'm just not used to their bikes spinning so fast. I think my 848's redline was 12,500 and with the V twin it made sense that it was less RPM with more low end grunt, but that must be one of the big perks of the new V4, but they still managed to keep the low end torque and the sound which is amazing.
Blast from the past. This was my 1998 916 SPS. Pankel Ti rods, high compression pistons, "G" grind cams, Ti intake and inconel exhaust valves, and heads hand port Eraldo Ferracci himself. lol. Twas a ****ing machine. Is #1 on my list of bikes I kick myself in the nuts for selling. Redline? 12k.

I'd love for #903 to come back into my life. lol. About 10 years ago I tracked it to a Doctor in Boston. That is last I've heard of it.

Attachments

• 100-0049_IMG.jpg
    100-0049_IMG.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 30

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Finally got my "professional" vidz back. **** that was frustrating. I give the guy an A for effort but this was a total waste of cash. lol. My iphone vids are just as good. Anywho, here they are. For the Pani, skip Dyno 1 & 2. 3 is the best.

Hypermotard

LS WUT

Established Member
Hell yeah man, such a bad ass bike. Got done riding my R1 and my brother In laws Aprillia Tuono Factory. Such a clean bike. He just got his tuner, and exhaust in today. Putting that on tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2378.jpeg
    IMG_2378.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2376.jpeg
    IMG_2376.jpeg
    623.4 KB · Views: 24

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hell yeah man, such a bad ass bike. Got done riding my R1 and my brother In laws Aprillia Tuono Factory. Such a clean bike. He just got his tuner, and exhaust in today. Putting that on tomorrow.

What tuner and exhaust did he go with for the Ape??

And you can never go wrong with the ol' crossplane crank on the #69. What mods are on the R1? I love the sound of that bike.

And I'm jealous as **** you're out riding. Dang I got an itch.

Good news is, last night, I signed up for first track days in 2024. May 25 (north) and May 26 (south) at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet. Through Sportbike Track Time. Will be riding the KTM for both days.

LS WUT

Established Member
What tuner and exhaust did he go with for the Ape??

And you can never go wrong with the ol' crossplane crank on the #69. What mods are on the R1? I love the sound of that bike.

And I'm jealous as **** you're out riding. Dang I got an itch.

Good news is, last night, I signed up for first track days in 2024. May 25 (north) and May 26 (south) at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet. Through Sportbike Track Time. Will be riding the KTM for both days.
UPMAP T800 PLUS. He’s got the Sparkcity full titanium exhaust I think he said it was?

Haha I love this R1, honestly I’ve been riding since 2 weeks after my surgery. Somethings in life you just can’t let go of. Mostly been riding the groms, and the Z125. More recently been taking the R1, and the Triumph out. Love the shit out of these bikes. Back to 82 degrees today lol, Florida is so temperamental.

That’s sick man, I’ve never done a track day before. We’ve talked about going to one down here, and renting a bike. It’s $400 but to be honest if I lay it down I don’t have to worry because the insurance I pay there covers it. It’s a good peace of mind.

Haha the #69 was from my last trip to the track. She’s a bone stock 2012 R1. No goodies really, had exhaust but sold it. Contemplating Toce or Coffman shorty pipe now. Toce looks better but it’s $990.

Attachments

• BMP Street Heat 01-08-22 Photos.jpeg
    BMP Street Heat 01-08-22 Photos.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 17
  • BMP Street Heat 01-08-22 Photos.jpeg
    BMP Street Heat 01-08-22 Photos.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 17

fitforspeed

Established Member

Nice lil blue notch there in the background, 83-84? And that lazer red cobra looking like it needs a little abuse also.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

LS WUT

Established Member
Nice lil blue notch there in the background, 83-84? And that lazer red cobra looking like it needs a little abuse also.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Blue balls! That car hurts lots of feelings down here haha. I want to say she’s an 85? That 1998 cobra is gonna be up for sale soon. :( she’s got 63k miles on her.

LS WUT

Established Member
IMG_2380.jpeg
Missing the 2023 Grom, but that’s it for now. Looking into a 2024 MT-07, or a Honda CB500. Just a naked bike to mess around with.

Users who are viewing this thread