New TSB concerning aftermarket tuning and modifications

davidhuff

Established Member
im tempted to turn over to E85, not for power but for peace of mind
That could be one of the answers.Chris Cruz and Rebecca Starkey are both runnig in the high nine second et in the 1/4 mile with stock motors with superchargers and I bet there motors would not live long on pump gas.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
E85 would be perfect for these motors. I don't think it would be a cheap conversion though.

yeah 90 bucks from vmp. a lap top and some dataloging later you are set. the main reason i went to e85 was because is safer. you might put down the same power numbers on 93 that you would with e85 but e85 is just a safer fuel especially for a high compression motor running alot of timing.

acrbill

Established Member
Just to be clear. I am not afraid of my engine blowing up. Its the fact that they are trying to pin the ****ed up clutches on a tune. My clutch was bad before I had any mods and even after they had the car in twice for service it is still ****ed up. I have a new clutch waiting to be installed and I am hoping that solves that problem.

The reality for me is that I just ran the numbers and getting into a Vette is just not in the cards at this time plus I just got my Mustang themed vanity plate in the mail. LOL

jbur074

Established Member
axle backs wont do crap. if you just have an axle back any mechanic will look and see you have stock pipes. their not stupid at all, only way their voiding your warranty is if their a not very nice person. now that ford has officially said their on the lookout for aftermarket mods.. i may be trading in my 5.0 for a cobra.. or maybe a boat and truck. well see

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
axle backs wont do crap. if you just have an axle back any mechanic will look and see you have stock pipes. their not stupid at all, only way their voiding your warranty is if their a not very nice person. now that ford has officially said their on the lookout for aftermarket mods.. i may be trading in my 5.0 for a cobra.. or maybe a boat and truck. well see

A cobra with warraty. Hehehe

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jbur074

Established Member
A cobra with warraty. Hehehe

lol dont think i would get a warranty with them. but i know the stock motors can be tuned well, and can handle 500hp and i dont lose any sleep worrying about it. might get a boat and a truck tho

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Alot of terminators have been killed. Some by bad tuning and others by poor water flow on passenger side cylinder head. Some stock terminators have died as well. Hot day 5th gear pulls can hurt them. They are stronger than the new 5liters but they are not flawless.

SVTStampede

Established Member
Alot of terminators have been killed. Some by bad tuning and others by poor water flow on passenger side cylinder head. Some stock terminators have died as well. Hot day 5th gear pulls can hurt them. They are stronger than the new 5liters but they are not flawless.

Oh man I remember when Cobras and 2nd Gen Lightnings came out. Plenty had issues from tunes. It's funny how history repeats itself...well not so much funny.

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
What you guys must remember with this tsb is they will pull mode 9 out of the pcm. That tells them when and how often the programming has been changed. If they see multiple
programming, you are not going to get covered without a fight. I'm just saying. Mode 9 tells them. They know you had a tune. Trust me on that one. They are looking for any excuse not to cover #8 damage. I would be willing to bet there are people out there fighting with Ford over this right now with their cars. Anyone wanna take that bet?

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
Oh man I remember when Cobras and 2nd Gen Lightnings came out. Plenty had issues from tunes. It's funny how history repeats itself...well not so much funny.

That's apples to oranges. Supercharged vs N/A. To me a huge difference.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
What you guys must remember with this tsb is they will pull mode 9 out of the pcm. That tells them when and how often the programming has been changed. If they see multiple
programming, you are not going to get covered without a fight. I'm just saying. Mode 9 tells them. They know you had a tune. Trust me on that one. They are looking for any excuse not to cover #8 damage. I would be willing to bet there are people out there fighting with Ford over this right now with their cars. Anyone wanna take that bet?

More interested in facts versus speculation.

Do you know of people currently fighting Ford? If so who? What tune did they have? etc, etc. More details is all I really care about.

I was going to make a tuner/CAI my first mod, now I'm seriously reconsidering that route. May just do the axle back and go back to my other project... :(

ViciousJay

Established Member

drain the battery or pull it for a day and it will clear the cache on the pcm... **** you ford, modded or not if you want to scan my car even for a suspension issue ill say this be ready for a hit on your head... dont expect to make it home, might as well as let someone drop a lift on them cuz ill crack someones skull open

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Melting pistons? Blowtorch to them? You are an idiot. Weve STILL only seen two pistons pictures and neither was melted. Both where cracked ring lands with no sign of melting. And yes, there is a HUGE difference in what causes those two completely different things. And NO ONE still has stepped up with a stock car with a popped number 8. None. No threads anywhere on any site anywhere. Please stop spreading rumors that, as of this time, simply aren't true. I've been actively searching for a stock car with a popped #8 and cannot substantiate that.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
tuner choice

This is why people should be very picky when choosing a tuner.

yeah people should be very careful when choosing a tuner. i did, i chose lund (your guy) and after bad drivability, a couple changes later car was still slow and didn't run like it should and he tried to blame me not having a converter or gears. so i got fed up and did some looking around and decided to cal Livernoise and from day 1 car was so much better and .4ths and 3 mph faster. and i won't even get into the customer service part.
but as far as the tsb, take for what it's worth. they still have to prove what caused what, if your blown or f/i you take a chance. as far as being n/a i think Ford has tried to make an example out of a few people. and as much as i hate to say it i have a tune and if motor got hurt and they said i had to pay, it's the risk i took. i didn't buy this car to keep it stock, i got it after seeing what they did modified and i liked it. but this is my opinion.

ViciousJay

Established Member
yeah people should be very careful when choosing a tuner. i did, i chose lund (your guy) and after bad drivability, a couple changes later car was still slow and didn't run like it should and he tried to blame me not having a converter or gears. so i got fed up and did some looking around and decided to cal Livernoise and from day 1 car was so much better and .4ths and 3 mph faster. and i won't even get into the customer service part.
but as far as the tsb, take for what it's worth. they still have to prove what caused what, if your blown or f/i you take a chance. as far as being n/a i think Ford has tried to make an example out of a few people. and as much as i hate to say it i have a tune and if motor got hurt and they said i had to pay, it's the risk i took. i didn't buy this car to keep it stock, i got it after seeing what they did modified and i liked it. but this is my opinion.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::banana::banana::banana: right here, ive had the same issue but its all good now

Users who are viewing this thread