New TSB concerning aftermarket tuning and modifications

TBuick87

Established Member
. The car can handle it, if tuned right. dont be so dumb.

Really! I'm not so sure, I,ve been running a tune and intake only Car for a year now and 9K miles(almost 10), and I've LOST 30 HP, with Everthing being the same (MPH went fr. 113.8 to Barly 110.0 in the Exact same DA Conditions, Repeatedly, but the car Runs perfect, no codes ever, no ticks or noise, perfect idle...My tuner can not figure it out, if it's pulling timing, why not before....Getting REAL tired of this Performance LOSS..

davidhuff

Established Member
GREAT NEWS:I just talked to Barack Obama and he coming out with a Federal Program to fix any modded mustang 5.0 for free if your motor breaks.Is this a great country or what?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Well, the tsb just confirms what logical people suspected.

You break it, you bought it. Still no evidence of stock cars happening.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
GREAT NEWS:I just talked to Barack Obama and he coming out with a Federal Program to fix any modded mustang 5.0 for free if your motor breaks.Is this a great country or what?

Way to bring politics into an apolitical thread, adding unnecessary fluff and no real humor.

Back on subject: The TSB listed exhaust as a possible mod that could cause engine damage? Has there ever been a reported case of a dealer voiding a warranty over small bolt ons like axle backs or CAI's?

Or is the big issue only with the tuner?

wbt

Banned
I've sure had a lot of fun making all these dragstrip runs over the last year with mine, getting it down into the 11.30s with few boltons, always running it on just pump gas. Then running 160 plus with a 4.30 gear still in it at the Texas Mile with just a splash of race gas in it for cheap insurance. My glass engine sure keeps getting it done.

Glad I'm not like these old women that would rather sit on forums gossiping and worrying about every little thing they heard on the internet. It's been a lot more fun taking my car out and beating the crap out of it. These people might as well not even have these cars, they're too afraid to take them around the block.

Shhhhh......they need to sell their cars and become Camaro owners. Let the pillow biters "believe" so we can weed them out. :rockon:

I beat the piss out of mine on the dyno again today in 100* weather. Still going strong at 430rwhp.

Last edited:

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I've sure had a lot of fun making all these dragstrip runs over the last year with mine, getting it down into the 11.30s with few boltons, always running it on just pump gas. Then running 160 plus with a 4.30 gear still in it at the Texas Mile with just a splash of race gas in it for cheap insurance. My glass engine sure keeps getting it done.

Glad I'm not like these old women that would rather sit on forums gossiping and worrying about every little thing they heard on the internet. It's been a lot more fun taking my car out and beating the crap out of it. These people might as well not even have these cars, they're too afraid to take them around the block.

Amen

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member

Win!

wbt

Banned
Yeah, tune and cai them since it "won't hurt em" and watch my stock 5.0 (with no popped #8) rum away and hide from it!

Stop! Don't let the secret out.....

I added some tard to this thread however kdanner hit the nail on the head.

Load of dumbasses who 'effed their car due to a bad tune with a bitter taste in their mouth....

Talk to your tuner and work it out with them, not Ford....

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
These new mustangs are def getting some douche owners. Even just at a car show. People air brushing shit or putting stuffed animals in their car. Then they have every bolt on in the world.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Really! I'm not so sure, I,ve been running a tune and intake only Car for a year now and 9K miles(almost 10), and I've LOST 30 HP, with Everthing being the same (MPH went fr. 113.8 to Barly 110.0 in the Exact same DA Conditions, Repeatedly, but the car Runs perfect, no codes ever, no ticks or noise, perfect idle...My tuner can not figure it out, if it's pulling timing, why not before....Getting REAL tired of this Performance LOSS..

so your tooner cant figure out if its pulling timing or not? i suggest you run to another tuner.

Slowira

You have to pay to play. Thought that was understood. If you can't afford to fix your toys once you break them the maybe you should play with something else.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
This is real BS...Those (problem Free) 3400 Lb. LS3's are starting to look REAL
GOOD right about now!!!

I've owned an 05 LS2 and an 09 LS3 my 05 used a qt of oil every 1200 miles and GM said that was acceptable, 09 was the rash of LS3 vettes with the wrong rings in them. So everyone has problems, As far as warranty GM is no different than Ford. Modify anything and they look to void your warranty. Even an air filter!!

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
More interested in facts versus speculation.

Do you know of people currently fighting Ford? If so who? What tune did they have? etc, etc. More details is all I really care about.

I was going to make a tuner/CAI my first mod, now I'm seriously reconsidering that route. May just do the axle back and go back to my other project... :(

When you have overseen 20+ million in Ford repairs as I have, this is just one more to me. I'm still dealing with 6.0 and 6.4's so this is just something else to add to the mix. I'm dealing with the #8 issue currently and have seen the damage. I'm not giving any more details. I will let the owners do that. I do know I'm borescoping my #8 today.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I called FRPP and asked them about the warranty and then talked to the service manager at the dealership and that is the info I am going with as far what is covered. I also know if I mod my car and Ford does not want to repair the damage I will do it myself or pay someone to do it if I cant.

Uhhh Thats the Whole Point of this #8 Problem, you DO have to worry about it, and Worry a LOT, as a Forged Coyote Motor is ~10k or so Complete...and as for Ford "Motorsports" Warranty, thats just it, theu Warranty the Aftermarket parts, NOT your original motor..If you read the fine print, and Actually Ask a 'Knowlegeable' service writer, they'll tell you that too,,,

BOD89LX

Established Member
That is the point some people just dont get. I didnt mod my Dodge CTD because if it breaks I dont want to pay to fix it, even though there are tens of thousands of the 6.7's that are modded and havent failed and some that have I dont want to pay so I will not play with my tow rig.

You have to pay to play. Thought that was understood. If you can't afford to fix your toys once you break them the maybe you should play with something else.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I wouldnt be surprised if gas has a lot to do with it. As much as gas cost. i wouldnt put it past certain stationstrying to cheat. Or even just get a bad mix from the tanks. When u start running the car on the edge, a little vary in octance, could become a huge problem. esp if u run it hard or over rev.

Users who are viewing this thread