No lights on sheriff in ohio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockmachoxford

Established Member
Brilliant 4th post.

What does my post count have to do with anything? You and him seem to have some issues with law enforcement and are complaining about something so stupid. Dont speed and you won't have to worry about getting pulled over. I hope you never need the help of the police because if your attitude towards them on here carries over into how you actually act your ****ed.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
What does my post count have to do with anything? You and him seem to have some issues with law enforcement and are complaining about something so stupid. Dont speed and you won't have to worry about getting pulled over. I hope you never need the help of the police because if your attitude towards them on here carries over into how you actually act your ****ed.

I've got something to say, but for fear ill get the ban stick for it you're simply not worth it.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
this really does sound like a skynet type response. do you want ai style cameras that learn and adapt? sounds expensive. a camera can't testify to "in my experience and training ______ indicates an intoxicated driver." lets say a camera can identify someone crossing double yellow multiple times somehow over the course of a mile. who's to say there wasn't a bug in the car biting the driver. are those people shit out of luck and get stuck with a dwi? or are we going to have a big brother society with cameras that can track the person all the way home so an officer can intercept them and run a breathalyzer?
are you saying stopping drunk drivers won't stop drunk driving fatalities?

You still could have an officer pull them over and assist with the situation. I'm not saying cameras do it all but they can help a lot! And pulling over more drunk drivers won't change death tolls that much. You are never going to catch them all. You see brain washed if you think we can stop them all without cameras aiding officers

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
You still could have an officer pull them over and assist with the situation.

So now you want to hire thousands of folks across the USA to watch traffic cameras?

I'm not saying cameras do it all but they can help a lot!

The only way it could possibly help if the camera was being actively monitored. Who will do this monitoring and who will pay for the equipment, staffing, etc.?

And pulling over more drunk drivers won't change death tolls that much. You are never going to catch them all.

So, we should just give up?

You see brain washed if you think we can stop them all without cameras aiding officers

Who here as said the police would ever be able to prevent all DUI's, etc.? I recommend you just stop. All you are accomplishing is showing everyone how ignorant you are in regards to law enforcement.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
So now you want to hire thousands of folks across the USA to watch traffic cameras?

The only way it could possibly help if the camera was being actively monitored. Who will do this monitoring and who will pay for the equipment, staffing, etc.?

So, we should just give up?

Who here as said the police would ever be able to prevent all DUI's, etc.? I recommend you just stop. All you are accomplishing is showing everyone how ignorant you are in regards to law enforcement.

You should stop and cheaper to have a couple people man 100,000 of miles roads via cameras then a ton of cops driving around

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
You should stop and cheaper to have a couple people man 100,000 of miles roads via cameras then a ton of cops driving around

You are an idiot if you believe two people could monitor 100k miles of roadway.

jasonmark1993

Banned
why is this still going on?

I'm guessing because Luke and Leech have gotten themselves caught too many times and now blame the Police.

Hey Leech, I know this is maybe my second post, but I'm guessing by your attitude that I've been around a lot longer than you. Calling out someone's post count is juvenile.

allshow

Established Member
Has anyone who speeds actually thought about how much time they gain? If the posted speed limit is 60 MPH just to make the math easy, and you are going to work, and you decide to drive 75 to get there faster. You are only gaining 15 miles in an HOUR of travel time, which is essentially 15 minutes gained of driving time. So if work is 15 minutes from the house, 1/4 of an hour for those not following, you gain just over 3 minutes. That's of course not including other traffic control devices such as lights and signs.
So is 3 minutes worth the money, hassle, stress, and possibility of getting in a wreck worth it?
And yes my post count is super low but I have been on here for a while.

Last edited:

jasonmark1993

Banned
Good point to bring up there Allshow.

Considering the fact the traffic usually rolls 5 -7 over without the risk of a ticket and those gains are cut almost in half.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
but if you are going on a trip 10 hours away you save 2.5 hours. and what do they always say? time=money.

and you all can say whatever you like doesnt bother me.

G8R Chomp

Interesting Forum. I'm impressed by the restraint of the mods to allow this thread to continue. BTW, I'm not a LEO. Nor have I ever, in my 46 years, met a LEO whom I thought was doing less than what was expected of them. I've met plenty who were having difficult days or made a mistake--but we're all human and that's allowed.

I'll try to come across somewhat intelligent in what is my 1st or 2nd post to SVTP.

1) Going back to the OP, the idea to have 'lights on' has more to do with traffic and officer safety. It increases their visibility to oncoming traffic. This can be regulated by law or procedure or basic good judgement (depending where you are). It has little to do with radar traps. Officers are not generally even required to use speed detection equipment from a 'marked' vehicle. Only that a marked vehicle is used while enforcing the law (i.e. Making a traffic stop.) I have seen plenty of examples of officers using 'blinds' to run radar. (Individual states may regulate this activity to varying degrees.)

2) The idea that a camera can replace an officer for traffic enforcement is ridiculous. So many judgement calls are required during traffic enforcement. Cameras are based on whether one is speeding or not--that's all. LEOs can determine if that speeder is in distress, committing some other crime, or that the NON-speeder is otherwise creating a public nuisance that must be dealt with.

3) Taking the idea that LEOs who commit traffic stops are somehow the 'bad guy' is equally ridiculous. Don't get on them for enforcing the laws. Don't like getting pulled over for speeding, don't speed. Alternatively, work to get the laws changed.

4) Far too many of the posts I read on this forum suggest that a bad experience with an officer at such and such time and such and such place, means that all officers are not to be trusted. Dude (dudette?), get real. Bad cops will get their comeuppance, eventually. Don't lump them up with everyone else who dons a badge every day and puts their lives out there for our sake.

I can go on, but I think I may have already entered into rant territory.

jasonmark1993

Banned
Interesting Forum. I'm impressed by the restraint of the mods to allow this thread to continue. BTW, I'm not a LEO. Nor have I ever, in my 46 years, met a LEO whom I thought was doing less than what was expected of them. I've met plenty who were having difficult days or made a mistake--but we're all human and that's allowed.

I'll try to come across somewhat intelligent in what is my 1st or 2nd post to SVTP.

1) Going back to the OP, the idea to have 'lights on' has more to do with traffic and officer safety. It increases their visibility to oncoming traffic. This can be regulated by law or procedure or basic good judgement (depending where you are). It has little to do with radar traps. Officers are not generally even required to use speed detection equipment from a 'marked' vehicle. Only that a marked vehicle is used while enforcing the law (i.e. Making a traffic stop.) I have seen plenty of examples of officers using 'blinds' to run radar. (Individual states may regulate this activity to varying degrees.)

2) The idea that a camera can replace an officer for traffic enforcement is ridiculous. So many judgement calls are required during traffic enforcement. Cameras are based on whether one is speeding or not--that's all. LEOs can determine if that speeder is in distress, committing some other crime, or that the NON-speeder is otherwise creating a public nuisance that must be dealt with.

3) Taking the idea that LEOs who commit traffic stops are somehow the 'bad guy' is equally ridiculous. Don't get on them for enforcing the laws. Don't like getting pulled over for speeding, don't speed. Alternatively, work to get the laws changed.

4) Far too many of the posts I read on this forum suggest that a bad experience with an officer at such and such time and such and such place, means that all officers are not to be trusted. Dude (dudette?), get real. Bad cops will get their comeuppance, eventually. Don't lump them up with everyone else who dons a badge every day and puts their lives out there for our sake.

I can go on, but I think I may have already entered into rant territory.

Well said, but its been said in most of these threads.

I'm not quite sure why I keep coming into these threads. I suppose its the ridiculousness of it.

They seem to follow the same pattern...I got busted...how can I blame the cop that caught me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread