Not everything is what it seems! swimming Bugatti owner lived in a $150,000 house!

M3xpress

Established Member
If I had a ton of money, my interest would be on cars versus the house.

I would be more interested in having a unique house/property that fits my lifestyle/taste versus a ridiculously huge/expensive house.

At the same time, I would still want a little more balance. As mentioned above I'd rather spend money on a nice house but nothing crazy and something exotic but not a million bucks.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Theres a guy in Nacogdoches which is where I go to school which is about 20 minutes north of Lufkin that has a red Enzo. Wonder if it's the same guy because not sure if anybody has been to Nacogdoches but the average income is $30,000 a year.

slow_99cobra

Established Member
That stretch of 45 has a curse with nice cars. My buddy wrecked his vette on that same section one day when we were going for a cruise to galveston. Did any of you see a low flying pelican in the video???

Jsko

Established Member
Hopefully a pelican wont fly into the window of his house causing it to fall into a lagoon.

I don't see a pelican in the video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z3_KHSdOu8"]YouTube- Veyron Crash - Bugatti Veyron crashes into water - Veyron Crash![/ame]

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I smell some insurance fraud in the air.

I think the owner of the car buys, restores and sells high end exotics. Total a $1.2 million dollar car, get big insurance payout, buy car back at a huge discount, restore and sell.

Somethings fishy

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I smell some insurance fraud in the air.

I think the owner of the car buys, restores and sells high end exotics. Total a $1.2 million dollar car, get big insurance payout, buy car back at a huge discount, restore and sell.

Somethings fishy

That may be the case with a run of the mill ferrari.

Do you realize how difficult and expensive it would be to restore a veyron. Its not like they have engines and trannies just sitting around.

New tires are $70k installed.

Not to mention, I doubt many people want a salvage title veyron.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
the value of his home tells us little.
Go up to the berkshires, most homes even with tons and tons of land, can't break $250k.
But in NYC a condo the size of richard simmons butthole runs you a cool million!
The neighborhood also affects value.
But it's good to hear that the guy is a nice guy. Not some asshat...

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Do you realize how difficult and expensive it would be to restore a veyron. Its not like they have engines and trannies just sitting around.

Front bumper for an Enzo is $23,000 IIRC. Kinda puts the Shelby KR hood into perspective, doesn't it? That tire price does not sound right though, even Mclaren F1 tires were under $10k.

And you'd be surprised about the salvage title thing, people will buy them, especially if they want to actually drive an exotic instead of put it in a bubble.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

I never said it would make sense.

People do way more stupid shit everyday.

If you are in the business of fixing high end cars, you typically know things most other people don't. That's how you make money at it.

oldmodman

Established Member
Take soaked car. Wash with distilled water. Ship to factory for repair. Probably only cost 400 to 600K for the service.

Car will be the same as brand new. Sell it in Europe. No salvage titles there?

s|ck

Established Member
Look at Fedor, doesn't he live in a shitty 2 bedroom apartment and doesn't own any exotic cars? Wonder what he does with all of his money... :shrug:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
It looked like an honest mistake, but I feel bad for him either way.

I've always wanted to buy a big warehouse and live in there... Tons of space to work on cars... I'd be happier than a mofo with a warehouse and a bunch of cars. It would be a dream if I could drive a Z06 from a kitchen area to a bed... That would be epic. If youre single with no kids, what the hell do you need a big house for? That man has his priorities dead on...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread