Post up pictures of TERMINATORS w/99-01 COBRA amber tail lights...

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Ford made them for stangs sold outside the US where the amber light is required, they're called export tail lights, they made them for sn95's also...

export_taillights_1.jpg

I would have loved those for my 94 cobra...

Here's my car...

Makes the Car even more unique if you ask me...

IMAG0044.jpg

CIMG0557.jpg

wma8706

Established Member
Not for everyone and I had them tinted as well .... just a different look to it! I still like it! Much like the Saleen wheels... had chrome, blk chrome and all black. Everyone is looking for a change at some point. Don't want the same old crackers all the time!
finall.jpg

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Those look very much stock. Is that the right picture? I'm thinking about tinting mine as well. Time for a change, like you said.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I completely misread your post. I thought you were saying yours were tinted. It's time for me to pass out. lol

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
These lights are sick!!!!!!!! And not in the "badass, sick way" but in the "im gonna throw up way" LOL, to each his own but those saying they look good on black and torch red are out yalls mother loving mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the 03-04 Cobras came from the factory with these, everyone would be getting the all red colored tails, LOL people have some funny tastes

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
I just recently purchased a set of 99-01 COBRA tail lights and they are tinted... I will like to know of a method or a way to take off the paint.. Also if there is a way I can take the housing off from the lense...

Tinted how? If they just recleared them with black in the clear or used niteshades they can be sanded down and recleared and will look like new. Not sure where you are located but PM me if you have a hard time finding someone to do this. Would take about 2 hours start to finish.

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
i love tinted tails (i've had "50%" on regular and cobra tails) but was always on the search for something lighter than "50%"/"smoked" and finally found some a month or so ago and decided to retint my 99/01 cobra tails:

"87%" tint vs untinted:
th_IMG_1288.jpg

in direct sunlight:
th_IMG_1295.jpg

lights on:
th_IMG_1306.jpg

lights off:
th_IMG_1312.jpg

Last edited:

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Last edited: