im4darush said:
My 97 :rockon:
97cobra22ih.jpg

we almost have twins

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
sfs32vcobra said:
Here's a nice red Mustang keeping some really cool orange and blue company... thanks for the pic, Boris!

'05%20GT%20and'%2000%20R%2010-16-05.jpg

What is the story behind that paint scheme on the Ford GT, did Ford produce that or did the owner do it once he bought it? And if Ford did that, how many of those did they put out like that?

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
GT in Gulf colors

This particular car is owned by Ford. One of the GT development engineers came down on a Sunday to do a technical presentation to a combined SAE / SVTOA meeting / lunch at our SVTOA-sponsoring dealership.

I am not aware of any way to get this livery from the factory - I think this is a one-off car for Ford publicity / good will. But I did not think to ask him whether the paint scheme is available from the factory.

Later -

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
92622818.jpg

this car is REALLY cool in person. I have a vid of me racing it but the only reason I pulled on him is cause his clutch was slipping... :coolman: :burnout:

BittenInBama

Established Member
Snagged said:
What is the story behind that paint scheme on the Ford GT, did Ford produce that or did the owner do it once he bought it? And if Ford did that, how many of those did they put out like that?

I believe its called the "Heritage" edition GT...?? Special scheme for 06 from Ford. Got a promo card at home will scan and post up if no one else has it handy.

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Oh wow! Now that's the car that I want. So nice!! I envy you. :beer:

Thanks a lot! I wanted a '00R since they first came out, and circumstances came together in early 2004 so I could get my hands on this one.

I have had a lot of fun with this car! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread