terminator vs. gt500 road course & 1/4 mile

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Whoa, I just watched the vid and it blew my mind. I thought the GT500 would win in all aspects. I am really shocked by the outcome.

Damn, that makes me even prouder to be a Terminator owner. :rockon:

Side note, why in the world would you let someone do that to your car? What kind of compensation did the owners get?

EDIT: This vid just made me do a very unnecessary errand in the Cobra. ;)

Last edited:

JoePac

Established Member
WOW!!! People are makeing a big deal about a 12.7 to a 12.8? They both claim to run a 12.9 stock. In the real world Terminaters make 370rwhp gt500 430, with a added bonus of over 300 pounds a 331 to a 355 gearing difference, out come should have been fortelling. You could look at it both ways terminater used and abused, Gt500 new and not broken in. Fact is fact we seen the outcome not a big difference. Damn people acting like the Cobra beat a z06 or something, and the Shelby beat a new viper with worn tires on the road course.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Sorry, I take it back.

It's not that, it's just that Carroll Shelby had nothing to do with the GT500 other than signing a big brick of clay, and the GT500 is essentially the car Colletti wanted before he ended up calling it a career. There's this perception that Colletti was some maverick who left before the Mustang got taken over by Shelby. Well, newsflash, minus a licensing agreement, the GT500 is the Colletti-mobile.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
It's not that, it's just that Carroll Shelby had nothing to do with the GT500 other than signing a big brick of clay, and the GT500 is essentially the car Colletti wanted before he ended up calling it a career. There's this perception that Colletti was some maverick who left before the Mustang got taken over by Shelby. Well, newsflash, minus a licensing agreement, the GT500 is the Colletti-mobile.
I wish Coletti would step in the limelight.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
GT500 out handled the Cobra and posted 1 second faster on the Track. Pretty impressive for a car that's "so heavy" according to all the Terminator owners.

12.8 is also on the high side of the 1/4 mile time for a GT500, but I'll let the Cobra have that one for this comparison.

Cobra exhaust was definitely not stock. No shots under the hood either, might have even had an intake, who knows. Doesn't matter at this point.

I've been on that same course with my Shelby and it handles it very well, even with the stock rubber bushing suspension. I have NEVER been happy with a stock Mustang suspension, especially not on my Cobra.

wss14.jpg

Stock for stock, the GT500 is a better car all around. Throw equal mods on them, and the Shelby is going to start walking away even more. :read:

manOwar

Established Member
I was waiting on this to make it here, 3 of 4 go to the Shelby and the price of new vs. 4-5 year old car takes the win!! BS!!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Well lets not start a pissing match here. Both are bada$$ cars and both are tanks, one just happens to be newer. The next "Cobra" will outdo both of them so who cares?

GT500R

Established Member
good competition, but really? like really ?

"i can break rubber with the first 4 gears with ease" :dw::??::dw:

"should be breaking 150+ (on the straightaways)" - went 140 ish
:lol: :lol: :lol:

03 Cobra
time - 1:38.05
mph - 91.8

07 GT500
time - 1:36.80
mph - 92.97

i personally care less about the track time, I go straightline

but either way the GT500 has been proven faster in the 1/4 straight

overall not bad, i'm a fan of both

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
I had a huge grin on my face when I saw the Cobra taking the GT500 in the 1320 lol. I thought it'd be the other way around.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I had a huge grin on my face when I saw the Cobra taking the GT500 in the 1320 lol. I thought it'd be the other way around.

Why is it that everyone loves to see a terminator beat up on a GT500 and not the other way around. 03-04 Cobra is the peoples champ
z-mann.gif

Users who are viewing this thread