The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I know this car, the owner that raced it owned a Ford Dealership and I raced against him. He did win T1 in the San Francisco SCCA region with this car and it is extremely clean and was always dealership maintained.

Thanks for the additional facts.

It would have a SCCA logbook available as well as the documents as to its regional SCCA Championship. That sure increases the value for a race car.

I am sorry that you missed this car. I'd say that it is worth well above $30K and maybe much more. It had to have an extra set of wheels and tires?

harley56

Established Member
Thanks for the additional facts.

It would have a SCCA logbook available as well as the documents as to its regional SCCA Championship. That sure increases the value for a race car.

I am sorry that you missed this car. I'd say that it is worth well above $30K and maybe much more. It had to have an extra set of wheels and tires?

Thanks for the comment on missing out.. Ad stated two sets of wheels, stock exhaust, original driver's seat, etc.... never did get that far to ask the new owner, but assumed that all exists. Regarding the $30K, that was my thought as well, was going to bid to that and possibly higher, who knows what that would have done against the winning bidder.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Regarding the $30K, that was my thought as well, was going to bid to that and possibly higher, who knows what that would have done against the winning bidder.

My price was thinking that the 00R isn't yet eligible for vintage racing and too old for modern racing. It would make a darn good open track car.

It's a local race car. Racing is hard on any car. A pristine stock and original car is worth much more money.

daytrayd

Established Member
I went to the auction as a bidder to specifically bid on this car. Unfortunately, got tied up at work and was one hour late. I know this car, the owner that raced it owned a Ford Dealership and I raced against him. He did win T1 in the San Francisco SCCA region with this car and it is extremely clean and was always dealership maintained.

After spending time at the Mecum auction I went over to the Russo & Steel auction also in Monterey. Car was in the parking lot so I put my name on number on a card and left it on the windshield asking to be called if he had in interest in selling. He did call. He is a used car dealer out of Florida. He started telling me how special it is being #300 of #300, etc....I told him I knew what he paid for it, but knew it was worth more and how much would it take. He said $50K. I know that was his starting point, but I quickly lost interest and thanked him for getting back to me. If interested, I can provide his number.

Obviously I am more than a little bummed.

Harley, can you provide me his contact info please? Thanks!

Cavan

TFStang

Established Member
Does anybody know if this sold or is still on the market. It is (or was) very close to me and I am definitely interested.

Thanks!

Is this car up for sale again? (GaryGrimm - 2000R with 7500 miles for $37K)

Last edited:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
Thought I would throw this up here. I have a set of original brembo pads for the 2000r calipers. Sold the car with the brembos, not longer need the pads. Best offer plus shipping.

[email protected] is probably my best contact

johnnydarkgt350

this Sunday I tried a last open track day at Spokane Raceway for the year ; it was a clear day but only 34 degrees and it spun on a right hand sweeper and I and the Cobra R ended stopping into a cement barrier on the drivers side and left front ; I have a sore back and now but cannot afford to pursue getting it back on the road so Im selling it as is ; I see the buy it now on some of these are now selling for excess of $70k+ ;the ODO just turned 10,000 on the way there,ask for pics please as Im a little tech challenged at 65 years old! I have an extra in the box front spoiler and the original and almost new tires an the rims ; I've read the original complete engine is very valuable (THIS IS A FORUM MEMBERS OFFER BEFORE GOES PUBLIC) you must flat bed it to you ; thanks Jim $ 18500 (buyer pays freight) 208 659-4552( I can send pics of it from my phone to your email or cell of number)

Side note for a restorer this has a clean and clear title with no prior collision history : there is no insurance claim as I have not claimed it : Carfax shows a clean title history with no collision history .

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
...and it spun on a right hand sweeper and I and the Cobra R ended stopping into a cement barrier on the drivers side and left front; I have a sore back and now but cannot afford to pursue getting it back on the road so Im selling it as is.

I am very sorry to hear that you wrecked it badly into a piece of a cement barrier.

I could maybe offer $5000 for the totaled car. I may raise this bid if you will post some pictures of the wrecked car.

The shipping of the the car to me is going to be very expensive. The good body craftsman around here charge me $85/ hour.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
I am very sorry to hear that you wrecked it badly into a piece of a cement barrier.

I could maybe offer $5000 for the totaled car. I may raise this bid if you will post some pictures of the wrecked car.

The shipping of the the car to me is going to be very expensive. The good body craftsman around here charge me $85/ hour.

He posted two cell phone pictures on the saac forum:

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=34285.0;topicseen

Last edited:

nmp1

Established Member
yikes!

frame damage?

people are listing 00R's for 70k but they aren't selling for that. A no accident 00R 10k miles with paperwork would probably fetch 40k.

is this the same car? it has the 95 wheels on it, video is a few years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyEjVMqhbIE

Last edited:

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
The R in the video is not the same car as the wrecked car. The R in the video had there gas pedal stick on the carpet than went off track.
Gary

TFStang

Established Member
this Sunday I tried a last open track day at Spokane Raceway for the year ; it was a clear day but only 34 degrees and it spun on a right hand sweeper and I and the Cobra R ended stopping into a cement barrier on the drivers side and left front ; I have a sore back and now but cannot afford to pursue getting it back on the road so Im selling it as is ; I see the buy it now on some of these are now selling for excess of $70k+ ;the ODO just turned 10,000 on the way there,ask for pics please as Im a little tech challenged at 65 years old! I have an extra in the box front spoiler and the original and almost new tires an the rims ; I've read the original complete engine is very valuable (THIS IS A FORUM MEMBERS OFFER BEFORE GOES PUBLIC) you must flat bed it to you ; thanks Jim $ 18500 (buyer pays freight) 208 659-4552( I can send pics of it from my phone to your email or cell of number)

Side note for a restorer this has a clean and clear title with no prior collision history : there is no insurance claim as I have not claimed it : Carfax shows a clean title history with no collision history .

I don't believe there have been any documented sales anywhere near $70K on a 00R. There have been a few people asking $70K, but those cars sit. Breaking $40K on one of these is still pretty difficult. I just received a call on a car with under 500 miles that the seller was asking for $55K and was offered the car for $42K. These cars are not there yet. They may be in the future, but not yet. You may want to consider parting the car out. I'll take the seats if you decide to do so.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I would be interested in the car at a reduced price.

I don't think he is interested in much less than his $18,500 price?

I have another deal for you guys: I will trade a HSR/SVRA/VDCA vintage race car with cash for your Cobra R. I'll get back with you quickly on any offer (here or PM).

Do you want to go vintage racing at Road America, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Daytona and Sebring? Here is your race car. It can win a championship as presented (I did it). My price as advertised in several magazines is $26K. Here:

Car sold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread