The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
this Sunday I tried a last open track day at Spokane Raceway for the year ; it was a clear day but only 34 degrees and it spun on a right hand sweeper and I and the Cobra R ended stopping into a cement barrier on the drivers side and left front ; I have a sore back and now but cannot afford to pursue getting it back on the road so Im selling it as is ; I see the buy it now on some of these are now selling for excess of $70k+ ;the ODO just turned 10,000 on the way there,ask for pics please as Im a little tech challenged at 65 years old! I have an extra in the box front spoiler and the original and almost new tires an the rims ; I've read the original complete engine is very valuable (THIS IS A FORUM MEMBERS OFFER BEFORE GOES PUBLIC) you must flat bed it to you ; thanks Jim $ 18500 (buyer pays freight) 208 659-4552( I can send pics of it from my phone to your email or cell of number)

Is your "R" an early 2K or late (xxx/300)?

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
How can this guy promote a wrecked Cobra "R" with a clear title and Carfax, with a CLEAR conscious? :bash:

He wrecked a car and doesn't want to pay the piper. What a douche bag. :mj:

johnnydarkgt350 wrote:
{this Sunday I tried a last open track day at Spokane Raceway for the year ; it was a clear day but only 34 degrees and it spun on a right hand sweeper and I and the Cobra R ended stopping into a cement barrier on the drivers side and left front ; I have a sore back and now but cannot afford to pursue getting it back on the road so Im selling it as is ; I see the buy it now on some of these are now selling for excess of $70k+ ;the ODO just turned 10,000 on the way there,ask for pics please as Im a little tech challenged at 65 years old! I have an extra in the box front spoiler and the original and almost new tires an the rims ; I've read the original complete engine is very valuable (THIS IS A FORUM MEMBERS OFFER BEFORE GOES PUBLIC) you must flat bed it to you ; thanks Jim $ 18500 (buyer pays freight) 208 659-4552( I can send pics of it from my phone to your email or cell of number)

Side note for a restorer this has a clean and clear title with no prior collision history : there is no insurance claim as I have not claimed it : Carfax shows a clean title history with no collision history .}

Last edited:

04Saleen281

Established Member
"No prior collision history" is a useful bit of information for a vehicle being sold in running condition, but it's certainly not applicable here considering the extreme amount of damage to the car as it sits and the fact that it's being sold as a wrecked vehicle. At this point, it would matter very little if it'd been wrecked once or several times. I assume that he has not claimed it due to a racing exemption on his policy. Otherwise, I'm sure it would be in a body shop as we speak.

Last edited:

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
The current owner of my old 95 "R" (#99) had it listed on craigslist in Ohio a few months ago as an original paint car, when in fact we already know that Gary Jones did the complete nose (to the firewall) replacement when the 3rd owner crashed it on his first or second run at the Autobahn Country Club in Ill a short after buying it from me.

That car also has a clean title

How can this guy promote a wrecked Cobra "R" with a clear title and Carfax, with a CLEAR conscious? :bash:

He wrecked a car and doesn't want to pay the piper. What a douche bag. :mj:

johnnydarkgt350 wrote:
{this Sunday I tried a last open track day at Spokane Raceway for the year ; it was a clear day but only 34 degrees and it spun on a right hand sweeper and I and the Cobra R ended stopping into a cement barrier on the drivers side and left front ; I have a sore back and now but cannot afford to pursue getting it back on the road so Im selling it as is ; I see the buy it now on some of these are now selling for excess of $70k+ ;the ODO just turned 10,000 on the way there,ask for pics please as Im a little tech challenged at 65 years old! I have an extra in the box front spoiler and the original and almost new tires an the rims ; I've read the original complete engine is very valuable (THIS IS A FORUM MEMBERS OFFER BEFORE GOES PUBLIC) you must flat bed it to you ; thanks Jim $ 18500 (buyer pays freight) 208 659-4552( I can send pics of it from my phone to your email or cell of number)

Side note for a restorer this has a clean and clear title with no prior collision history : there is no insurance claim as I have not claimed it : Carfax shows a clean title history with no collision history .}

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
The current owner of my old 95 "R" (#99) had it listed on craigslist in Ohio a few months ago as an original paint car, when in fact we already know that Gary Jones did the complete nose (to the firewall) replacement when the 3rd owner crashed it on his first or second run at the Autobahn Country Club in Ill a short after buying it from me.
Bill,
I remember inspecting this car after the wreck in Gary's shop. It was badly wrecked.

Many of you know Gary died last summer from complications of blood cancer. RIP. He did a lot with the 1993-1995 Cobra R cars. He bought my one-owner 1994 Cobra and converted it to a Motorola Cup car. He converted another ~1996 Cobra to a Motorola car that is still being raced (well).

He bought my #21 Snipes (original) Motorola Cup car. There were two other Motorola Cup cars that he owned (one was badly wrecked). I don't know what happened to any of them.

blacktip

WTB: 95 cobra R

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a 95 R. Not looking for a brand new car with super low miles ($$$), nor am I wanting a heavily modified race car. Somewhere in the middle works for me. I'm ok with higher mileage, as long as the car is as close to stock as possible. I've missed my chance at a couple cars on eBay, so I thought I'd try here! Any info/leads would be much appreciated. Or perhaps someone here is ready to part with their R?

Thanks!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking to buy a 95 R. Not looking for a brand new car with super low miles ($$$), nor am I wanting a heavily modified race car. Somewhere in the middle works for me.

It is good to see a WTB ad here. You may be one of the first to seek one out as the prices bottom. Good luck on your purchase.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
It is good to see a WTB ad here. You may be one of the first to seek one out as the prices bottom. Good luck on your purchase.

Agreed. I was looking for something very similar and ended up with literally a low mileage wrapper. A few more weeks and it will hopefully be ready to drive on the streets/track!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. I was looking for something very similar and ended up with literally a low mileage wrapper. A few more weeks and it will hopefully be ready to drive on the streets/track!

Nice find.

I hope blacktip finds his car.

I just sold my old Mustang race car today (after racing it for 17 years). The buyer got a great deal. I plan to spend some serious time getting my 95 Cobra R up to speed w/o actual door-to-door racing. I bought it 17 years ago. ;-)

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Nice find.

I hope blacktip finds his car.

I just sold my old Mustang race car today (after racing it for 17 years). The buyer got a great deal. I plan to spend some serious time getting my 95 Cobra R up to speed w/o actual door-to-door racing. I bought it 17 years ago. ;-)

Congrats, Doc. Maybe you can give me some pointers when I start taking the 95 to the track.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats, Doc. Maybe you can give me some pointers when I start taking the 95 to the track.

Just saying. Bruce and Brian are faster than me. No Doubt. Nonetheless, please post up some pictures when your fast car is ready to go. I'd be glad to help anyone that races a Ford.

Fair Warning. I had $75K+ in a race car that sold for $25K. It was worth that to me due to many years of racing memories. I wouldn't trade anything for that.

blacktip

I've found a few wrapper cars that are just over priced IMO... Otherwise the two I've found available are #181 and # 249. Both were on eBay at one point.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
What prices did you find on the Wrapper cars? ..What are you basing your statement that they were "just over priced IMO"?

Bill,
What do you think about the Sports Car Market values that I posted here?:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1097341-Jan-2016-values-of-Mustang-Cobra-R-cars

I think a true wrapper is one as it was delivered to the dealer. I'd say that they are a few of them out there. It would be the high number with maybe a + price for the few really good ones with the paperwork.

I say the medium priced ones are the cars to own. They were built to drive hard and should be treated as such. These cars will last longer than any of us. We should drive them.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
This car http://www.mcgohio.com/web/iui/#_vehicle1228916

Along with another I saw on eBay which has since ended, were my "high priced" references in MY opinion. But I'm also not looking for a pristine/museum quality car.

I'd just like to find something between that, and a serious race car.

That car has been for sale for over 3 years, that should tell you something.

Bill,
What do you think about the Sports Car Market values that I posted here?:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1097341-Jan-2016-values-of-Mustang-Cobra-R-cars

I think a true wrapper is one as it was delivered to the dealer. I'd say that they are a few of them out there. It would be the high number with maybe a + price for the few really good ones with the paperwork.

I say the medium priced ones are the cars to own. They were built to drive hard and should be treated as such. These cars will last longer than any of us. We should drive them.

Doc,

I I've seen lower prices on the 95R, but they are hammered pretty hard. High prices are a little low, but again, far and few between.

Race cars, if they have documentation command a higher price, but are harder to sell as there are just a few of us who want to continue racing them, and the younger crowd cannot grasp the concept of them as anything but clapped out used cars at that point.

93R's have seem to leveled off, and the days of 80K selling prices are behind us for a while. 2K R's seem to be leveling off and actually seeing a slow decline in price as the GT500's are a better bang for the buck, and quite a few buyers cannot get over the oversized "fast and furious" rear wing.

Bill S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread