Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
WOW!! That was AWESOME

Was that Hockenheimring?

Yes indeed, we were there for Ferrari Racing Days back at the beginning of September.

Have you ever headed out to do a lap head to head with her? That would be fun to see.

Lots of concentration behind that wheel.

We've diced a few times in our 458 Challenge cars, and also in the XX cars. I'm sure I can dig up some video...

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Ben would you happen to know anything about a 488 GTO/Scud/Speciale that may be in the works? Also can the average Joe (assuming he has the cash) acquire a F12 tDF, or do you have to be in the 'club' to get a car like that. I'm sure they are all accounted for but I'm curious how a wealthy individual would go about getting a F12 tDF, assuming he doesn't have any Ferrari connections already....

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That video was awesome in the first 30 seconds for 2 reasons.

1. That sounds intoxicating (is it really that loud, or does the microphobe exaggerate? )
2. It's humbling when you can feel yourself miss a downshift going into a corner, and imagine what a safety wall feels like at 60+ mph....

I don't really know what a professional drivers route sounds like....but mine would not sound like that.

Awesome video..awesome hobby

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ben would you happen to know anything about a 488 GTO/Scud/Speciale that may be in the works? Also can the average Joe (assuming he has the cash) acquire a F12 tDF, or do you have to be in the 'club' to get a car like that. I'm sure they are all accounted for but I'm curious how a wealthy individual would go about getting a F12 tDF, assuming he doesn't have any Ferrari connections already....

I haven't heard anything about a 488 Speciale yet, although I've no doubt they'll make one at some point in the next few years.

And no, the F12 TDFs were offered first to clients selected by Ferrari, and they sold out the entire build. Of course you can buy one on the secondary market if you're really motivated, but ... sit down before you ask the price.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
[...] That sounds intoxicating (is it really that loud, or does the microphone exaggerate? )

Oh, it's that loud and then some. We wear noise-canceling headsets inside the car. And it's louder outside...

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I was in Miami this past weekend. Visited Homestead. Brought my 488 GT3. Fun was had.

[youtube_browser]SuMtaX6mHsU[/youtube_browser]

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Entering turn 1 at full throttle was intimidating; it took a couple sessions to work up to max pace for it.

Today I looked at the telemetry, and now I understand why :eek:

Homestead-T1.jpg

(look at the speed and the G-meter as I reach the apex of the corner)

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ben, 488 gt3 or ACR? Which will be the faster car on track?
488 GT3, and it's much faster than the ACR but it's not street legal. The ACR has run 1:28 at Laguna but the 488 GT3 has repeatedly run 1:22s there

Users who are viewing this thread