Unpullied 04 Cobra puts down 429 rwhp (SAE)

TrickStang37

Established Member
Don't say I'm making something up, because your calling me a liar and I would never lie about #'s I made on a dyno. Unless the guy who I bought the car from just didn't want to say he had the blower ported or throw a stroker motor in it or something I don't know where the extra power came from. Yes I do recognize those are freakish #'s for my mods, but what do you want me to do, deny what I made?

Here is my dyno sheet.
my tune.jpg

Here is a picture of my motor.
hpim0153.jpg

Also read here.
http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30720
whats it trap in the 1/4? with those numbers, it should have no problem trapping 121+mph on a full weight cobra, I would hope.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Mine put down 385/385 bone stock on a Dyno Dynamics. The RAI got me to 400/397. With the 2.8 upper I got 445/502 and with the 2.76 Stage IV???? The dyno shop is over 40 miles away and I just haven't got around to it. Full stock exhaust.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Really shouldn't post STD numbers since they are so very dependent on the atmospheric conditions at the time of the pull. makes it hard to properly compare with everyone else.

He's posting STD numbers.

U.M.

My car made 483 SAE WHP. If y'all would like I can call him and get the SAE torque #'s.
It made 483 SAE. :biggthump we realy dont see this very often. just a good build and some cold weather. funny thing is did it 2 back to back pulls with no cool down
STD #'s tend to be about 2 to 3% higher than SAE #'s. Its not as big a difference as people make it out to be. I agree that very good conditions was one of the reasons I had such good #'s for my mods.

whats it trap in the 1/4? with those numbers, it should have no problem trapping 121+mph on a full weight cobra, I would hope.

TrickStang I have never ran my car at a track. Infact the only time I raced my Cobra was not long after I got it and I got busted for it. Needless to say I don't street race anymore either. Atleast I was won I guess even though it wasn't much of a race. I'm not sure I would trap that high but I would think someone with some experiance could. :beer:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
U.M., STD is still corrected. STD is corrected for standard temperature and pressure of 29.92in of Hg (or 14.7 lb/in2, or 1013.2 millibars) and 15 deg C (or 59 deg F). (I grabbed this info from the Net.) Uncorrected is what the car puts down that given instance that day (at the shop's temp and pressure).

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
So can actual atmospheric conditions can still weigh heavily on STD numbers? Reason I ask is because here in Alabama at almost sea level with cool weather and low humidity my car made awesome STD numbers which are a good amount higher than the SAE numbers I use as a comparison with others. I'll have to see what my STD numbers were last time I dyno'ed at RWTD when I get home tonight... I'll bet I was close to 500 too.

U.M.

metalhead131

Established Member
metalhead131 got his car tuned yesterday with the port, 2.8 upper and 55lb inj and put down 496SAE (512STD). We did not get any torqu readings due to a problem with the dyno. The numbers were based on MPH instead of rpm.

I am very impressed with what it put down with minimal mods. Now he needs to take it back to the same dyno that it made 429 on to compare the numbers.

John: (metalhead131), I cant PM you because you dont have enough posts. You should leave your old HP numbers on your profile for the timeslip database until you make a pass with the new combo (Thats why I haven't updated mine). It looks kind of funny with 496HP and only 391TQ running a 12.98 @ 110, lol. I cant wait to see a 11.40 @ 124 out of your beast

If you need to call me and i'll give you my email adress.

Users who are viewing this thread