Video of NEW COBRA TEST MULE!!!!

Venomized281

Established Member
Jman20427 said:
thats freaking awesome, I love the "dude get out of the car", haha classic.

That was hysterical. :lol: That "bulge" in the hood may have been for the supercharger.

Last edited:

BullittSleuth

Established Member
Oh god I hope that "bulge" isn't supposed to look like that "Elanor" hood. That thing has always been the worst part about that car, makes me wanna puke :-(

98GTvert

Established Member
Hey guys, i was the other guy in the car filming the stuff, and i can assure you the guy swung at my friend. I was watchign the whole thing, he rolled down his window and yelled at him then swung at the camera. Oh and to whoever asked if it was fast...................wow. this guy was haulin ass on that freeway, and when he would gun it off of lights to get away we had a really hard time keeping up. Luckily Taylor(maldune) is just as crazy of a driver as this tester guy, and was able to weave in and out to catch him. It was probly one of the funniest things i have ever seen when the guy got so pissed off. Anyway if we see him again, its definately round 2. So hopefully we will have some photos or more video of it, next time we will get on film when we tries to swing at us lol.....then get on film us beating his ass and taking the car for our OWN test drive. :rockon:

later
Jon

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
that is great man, seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Thats definitely a test mule :). Black rims...the goofy hood buldge...M-plates....weird tape and sensors everywhere. Maybe my dad will bring one of these home :thumbsup:

Dennis1417

Established Member
Couldn't that just have been an 05' with some mods. Don't see anything special about it. Kinda boring looking.
In Motor Trend they got spy pics of a couple of these cars and they look exactly like the one in the video.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
yep

DR. WU 2000 said:
Couldn't that just have been an 05' with some mods. :shrug: Don't see anything special about it. Kinda boring looking. :nonono:
It's not really suppose to look good or anything. More of just a body to put the engine/drivetrain in it for test and whatnot. I'm almost sure the hood will be different....as with the wheels<which I happen to like>. Also hoping for something body wise to set the cobra away from the GT's.
Great vid tho!

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
Not bad so far. Doesn't Ford have a huge test site out in the AZ desert somewhere? I thought they (and GM) had desert proving grounds out there somewhere.
Maybe its legit?

Yes, Ford does have a huge proving ground up near Lake Havasu City, the proving ground even has it's own airfield there.

Rara

Established Member
I know you guys are excited and all, but think about it from the standpoint of the guy driving the car. If you had two young guys chasing you for over a half hour in your irreplacable, $1 million plus, lose your job if something happens to it prototype car, and at a light they get out and walk over to the car, and are bold enough to get within arms reach. The guy in the car is thinking "holy shit, these guys are going to try to steal this car".

You guys really need to think about other people, you're really lucky the guy in the car didn't have you arrested for harrasment or assault. Would the charges have stuck? maybe, maybe not, but it would have been close enough to get you put in the county jail for the afternoon.

Seriously, in situations like that, just get your pictures, and then leave the guy alone to do his job or they will stop testing prototypes on the street, and you'll never get the chance again, and the cars may not be as good for it.

redwolfstang

Established Member
I lived in Lake Havausu City and I had a friend who worked at the Ford testing center in Arizona.

They are extremely top secret about the testing center. It's like another area 51.

And for the guy who asked why michigan plates? I would assume they built it in michigan since that was where the first sighting happened and then they ship it down to AZ for other testing.

Great vid guys!!!!

Wouldn't anyone else verbally or try to physically assault someone that is videotaping you at a stoplight just outside of your driver's door?

I definitely would, especially when I am trying to make the car blend in for test runs.

Black Mamba

FUNNY?...FUNNY HOW?
Established Member
I gotta tell you your a dedicated S.O.B I'm glad you took the time to film it bro!!! Good looking out my friend!!

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Rara said:
I know you guys are excited and all, but think about it from the standpoint of the guy driving the car. If you had two young guys chasing you for over a half hour in your irreplacable, $1 million plus, lose your job if something happens to it prototype car, and at a light they get out and walk over to the car, and are bold enough to get within arms reach. The guy in the car is thinking "holy shit, these guys are going to try to steal this car".

You guys really need to think about other people, you're really lucky the guy in the car didn't have you arrested for harrasment or assault. Would the charges have stuck? maybe, maybe not, but it would have been close enough to get you put in the county jail for the afternoon.

Seriously, in situations like that, just get your pictures, and then leave the guy alone to do his job or they will stop testing prototypes on the street, and you'll never get the chance again, and the cars may not be as good for it.

The car is on a public street, anyone can take pictures of it. Anyone can get out of their car and take pictures and you can't do a damn thing about it. If any one needed to press charges it would be the guys filming, they were assaulted by the driver.
If you feel threatend drive off, run the light, drive to a public place and call the police. The driver of the prototype had no business driving like an ass and neither did the guys filming. If Ford doesn't want the prototypes seen then they shouldn't drive them on public streets.

Users who are viewing this thread