Where is Lightning Larry?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I still check in now and then.

The hard feelings are understandable. I had a job to do and I did it.

I'll admit I got overly hard handed sometimes. I also got rid of a lot of a holes.

The mods and admins here now do a fantastic job. I back them 100%

Well maybe except Barry.:lol1: J/K Brother. You know I love you. :beer:

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and I'm still alive and kicking.. :beer:

PS: Good to see you're doing well Jimmy.:rockon:

Hey Brother, good to see you.

Heavy handed? Well sometimes we miss that and need it.

Bottom line people, There is a job to do here and sometimes it requires someone to be the bad guy. LL didn't mind being the bad guy.

I bet ya 99% of those banned and bitching deserved it.

You would not believe some of the PMs we get from people who are mad they broke the rules and got an infraction or just disagreed with something we've done.

Our rules are simple and written in black and white.

Hell, I've been cursed lower than a dog. The difference is LL didn't put up with as much as some of us do. It is all personality and how we choose to deal with things.
People have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or what it takes to keep up with a site this large.

All of us have hate threads, LL, Adam, Myself and even Bruce has one believe it or not.
I have several. Aggrivating at times but I learned to let it roll off.
I also learned NEVER to join another site to defend myself.

Hell, I Had one recently that I really didn't care about until he brought my wife and kids into it. It was totally out of line and I never expected somone to say something like that about my family who has nothing to do with this site.
Then he lied about what I said in an email to him.
Everyone thought I should have banned him for that. Maybe I should have but I didn't and he is still here.

The reason butt hurt people go bitch elsewhere is because they can. Other sites allow it. Some even get off so to speak seeing SVTP or the staff bashed.
You won't see it here because we don't like board/forum wars and/or we don't want to see other staffs bashed as we know all too well what they go through.
Very rare is a negitive thread about another site left up.

We all handle things differently and LL just didn't put up with crap. I don't blame him and sometimes wish I was more like him.

We still keep in touch, mainly by phone and if anyone ever took the time to get to know him they would know what a great person he really is. If they don't take the time then their loss as far as I see it.

Ironhand

Banned

Bottom line people, There is a job to do here and sometimes it requires someone to be the bad guy. LL didn't mind being the bad guy.

You would not believe some of the PMs we get from people who are mad they broke the rules and got an infraction or just disagreed with something we've done.

Hell, I've been cursed lower than a dog. The difference is LL didn't put up with as much as some of us do. It is all personality and how we choose to deal with things.
People have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or what it takes to keep up with a site this large.

All of us have hate threads, LL, Adam, Myself and even Bruce has one believe it or not.

Hell, I Had one recently that I really didn't care about until he brought my wife and kids into it. It was totally out of line and I never expected somone to say something like that about my family who has nothing to do with this site.
Everyone thought I should have banned him for that. Maybe I should have but I didn't and he is still here.

The reason butt hurt people go bitch elsewhere is because they can. Other sites allow it. Some even get off so to speak seeing SVTP or the staff bashed.
You won't see it here because we don't like board/forum wars and/or we don't want to see other staffs bashed as we know all too well what they go through.

We all handle things differently and LL just didn't put up with crap. I don't blame him and sometimes wish I was more like him.

We still keep in touch, mainly by phone and if anyone ever took the time to get to know him they would know what a great person he really is. If they don't take the time then their loss as far as I see it.

Your a keeper Barry, Dont change one bit. :beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Just curious how many times have you been asked to ban me? LOL! I have had my run ins with most of the mods at least once. And with one, maybe two exceptions I can honestly say I deserved what I got.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Just curious how many times have you been asked to ban me? LOL! I have had my run ins with most of the mods at least once. And with one, maybe two exceptions I can honestly say I deserved what I got.

I think it is at the point where PMs are no longer sent. They just post "Ban him" in the thread now.:poke:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I think it is at the point where PMs are no longer sent. They just post "Ban him" in the thread now.:poke:
. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha. Maybe I should start using the report post more often. Lol

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
THANK YOU BROTHER.:rockon:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Thank you LL. I'll continue to do my best against the anarchy and lawlessness I encounter. :beer:

Then do finally do something about RDJ. The guy does nothing but troll threads for drama and arguements. People like him are what keep alot of people from being potential members or cause so many lurkers who don't want to parttake because they don't want to be trolled with his nonsense.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Then do finally do something about RDJ. The guy does nothing but troll threads for drama and arguements. People like him are what keep alot of people from being potential members or cause so many lurkers who don't want to parttake because they don't want to be trolled with his nonsense.

I'm gonna have to call :wf: on this one. As a member, you have a right to start a thread in SD and THEN call out any member you see fit. This thread, however, is about/for LL. Let's stay on topic.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'm gonna have to call :wf: on this one. As a member, you have a right to start a thread in SD and THEN call out any member you see fit. This thread, however, is about/for LL. Let's stay on topic.

It pertains to the subject hand - the board moderation and it's selective use of it. I'm not calling him out, I have no use for him. He and the other board trolls are a waste of good bandwidth who chase off or discourage good potential members.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
It pertains to the subject hand - the board moderation and it's selective use of it. I'm not calling him out, I have no use for him. He and the other board trolls are a waste of good bandwidth who chase off or discourage good potential members.

:rollseyes Yes RDJ has run off so many good potential members. What is so hard to read the forum rules and try to abide by them? As has been pointed out in many threads, if you think something is out of line use the report button. Also who are you to say the moderation is selective? Have any examples?

Back on topic. **** that LL guy! What a huge piece of... Oh hey LL! How's it going? Hope things are good.

Don't ban me bro:beer:

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Selective use? Even he admitted to having run ins with every mod.
LL even temp banned him.

I've given him infractions.

While some may not like what he says/does, most times he states his case within the rules. When he doesn't he gets treated like everyone else.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

And you were just bitching about me posting in a thread lol. I find people like you amazing. Full of fail are you. I have been banned at least a half a dozen time and have a whole list of infractions. The reason you don't know this is because you lack Internet skills and ignore the facts. When I do what you call trolling I do it inside the rules or the most part and when I break the rules I get called on it.

I have not run off a single " potential good member". I would venture that I have not single handedly run off anyone. Although I can think of a dozen or so like you I would LIKE to run off, but y'all keep it interesting with your selective whining about shit I post. Hell there have been threads I never posted in that I have been accused of trolling.

Users who are viewing this thread