First passes with bone stock '13 GT500.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Even though Orlando Speedworld is a notoriously crummy track, especially at this time of year due to weather, I decided to take out the car for a few passes today.
First pass, I literally drove the car out of the hole and didn't hit it until 2nd gear. The car was hooking in 2nd and I ran it out:

RT: .081
60': 2.221
330': 5.645
1/8: 8.242
MPH: 94.08
1000': 10.464
1/4: 12.310
MPH: 122.46

This was after about 20 minutes of cooldown, in off the street and tech.
After an extended cleanup, and about an hour and a half later, I had a chance to make another pass:

RT: .171
60': 2.147
330': 5.431
1/8: 7.985
MPH: 93.98
1000': 10.206
1/4: 12.045
MPH: 123.20

I bumped the limiter on the 2-3 (rookie mistake) because I was checking where the other Mustang on slicks/skinnies was in the other lane (it was behind me :rolling: ). I'm sure it would have gone ~11.9 and over 124 mph.

timeslip082412.jpg

That's my weather station about 10-minutes after making the 12.0 pass. I checked DragTimes as well, and it shows a DA of 1460' a little later (10:53 PM), but I don't think that station is at the track and I'm not sure where it is located.

For another point of reference, there were two C6Z's there tonight. One was a red one with aftermarket wheels and DR's (and a "427" badge on the hood) and the other car was a stock black car that belongs to a friend of a friend. Both were running 119-120 mph...which seems to be about what they run at this track.

Another point of reference...my bone stock '12 Black Edition GT-R ran 11.4 at 119.5 at OSW (bone stock) in late-April in obviously better air. It's not stock now, so it's not really a good comparison.

I'll be back next Friday, weather permitting, to try again. It will get in the 11's, even at this crummy track.
S.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Nice runs.

Also impressive that you didn't just role out to the track in the slam-dunk GTR sipping a Pepsi while burning mid-11s in full-auto! The manual GT500 made you work for it, but it's also more rewarding this way when you know the shifting was all up to you! :beer:

Chadster253545

Established Member
Good job! I almost went to SppedWorld last night. I just had drag radials put on my car yesterday. I will be there next Friday. Let me know if you plan on goung again.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Didn't you mention on another thread you bought a set of Nitto's?

Are they on the car yet?

Pretty decent MPH in that weather!

Fourcam330

Established Member
Snor,

Nice work at Spinworld in that DA. Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Andy

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
The car is 100% stock on stock tires, not even a resonator delete.
Yes, I did buy a set of Nittos, but they are not mounted and still in my garage.
S.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Snorman have a question....when you launched you obviously said all nannies off and no LC. Did you heat the tires or just go around the box? also what rpm more or less were you launching, or just going on idle using the roll and getting on it in 2nd like you said?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Drove around water box, gave the tires a good 1st gear burnout on the 2nd pass, just hazed them pretty good on the first pass.
I brought the RPM's up a bit on launch, but only to 2500 or so and eased out of the hole. I drove through the tire spin a bit until it hooked.
These cars would be monsters on a tire with some more gear in them.
S.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Drove around water box, gave the tires a good 1st gear burnout on the 2nd pass, just hazed them pretty good on the first pass.
I brought the RPM's up a bit on launch, but only to 2500 or so and eased out of the hole. I drove through the tire spin a bit until it hooked.
These cars would be monsters on a tire with some more gear in them.
S.

cool thanx....yea when I went to the track after the first few passes I said " I need drag radials bad" lol

bpmurr

Established Member
Nice to see someone mastering the car in stock form before the mods begin.

Njtony

Established Member
Nice run at that track. How much worse is the track down there compared to e-town from wed night? I know I need a driver mod(12.1@122 2.1 sixty)but I'm wondering how much better someone else could have done that night esp since your gtr ran a nice 1.62 sixty. Bone stock the line between bog and spin on these cars seems razor thin. I'm hitting atco Tuesday and expecting 11's now that I have some launches under my belt. What do you think is the best launch method up here? Opinion on icing the supercharger to cool the car ?

Users who are viewing this thread