First passes with bone stock '13 GT500.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
good pass man, 12 flat at 123 in hot ass florida and stock tires is nothing to sneeze at....thought the rx-7 would be faster considering how light it is

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
What????........no 11.0 claim after your 12.3 and 12.0 passes.....lol....nice job....takes the driver mod to squeeze an 11 out of the stock tires.....I'm sure you will get it next trip.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
good pass man, 12 flat at 123 in hot ass florida and stock tires is nothing to sneeze at....thought the rx-7 would be faster considering how light it is
I am pretty sure I saw that RX7 run a low-12 at nearly 120 earlier in the evening. I'm not sure if something happened to the car or something else was at play, but it's faster than that pass showed. :??:
S.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am pretty sure I saw that RX7 run a low-12 at nearly 120 earlier in the evening. I'm not sure if something happened to the car or something else was at play, but it's faster than that pass showed. :??:
S.

that would make sense then

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
My pass...
gt500 12 0@123 - YouTube

'12 C6 Z06 (red) with drag radials...
2012 z06 12 37@119 - YouTube

'06 C6 Z06 (black, and that little RX7 had an LS3 in it, lol)...
06 z06 12 29@120 - YouTube

S.

Nice pass !!!

Weird that the Z06's were trapping so low, especially the drag radial car.
Neither car looked to 60' very well, but that's usually just seat time.
I ran Saturday night here in Phoenix, with a DA of 4600+, on a drag radial and CAI, and I was significantly faster than both the car's in the video's above.

Still, impressive run on your GT500 :beer:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
A friend of mine has hundreds of passes at OSW. He has never seen a stock Z06 there run 11's and they usually trap around or slightly higher than these cars did on Friday night.
S.

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
A friend of mine has hundreds of passes at OSW. He has never seen a stock Z06 there run 11's and they usually trap around or slightly higher than these cars did on Friday night.
S.

Weird.

Several friends have gone high 11's at 124 bone stock on stock tires here in Phoenix.

My track DA was +4664 Saturday night and I trapped 124.Best ET of the night was [email protected] on a 1.82 60'.
As the ECT's climbed to 225+ (I was hot lapping as I was running some match races with an E85 Evo) and ambient hovering in the low 90's, only then did my traps dropped into the 122's.

Anyways, still....nice passes in your car. With a DR you'll be running solidly in the 11's. :beer:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
That is weird, because I have a very hard time believing a C6Z is going 124 mph bone stock in a nearly 4700' DA. An 11.9@124 at 4664' corrects to an 11.2@131 mph, lol.
I've seen enough of them run up here in the northeast to know that's not happening.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
BTW...I'm not saying your buddies' cars didn't run 124 mph. I'm saying I don't think they did it bone stock, on stock tires in ~4600'.
124 mph is a higher mph than the average of the top 20 cars on the C6Z Fast List. Most C6Z's don't run that fast, from what I've seen and despite what some think.
S.

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
That is weird, because I have a very hard time believing a C6Z is going 124 mph bone stock in a nearly 4700' DA. An 11.9@124 at 4664' corrects to an 11.2@131 mph, lol.
I've seen enough of them run up here in the northeast to know that's not happening.
S.

My car has a CAI and was on drag radials, if you were refering to my car and the 4600 DA comment....therfore it's not bone stock.

In this same exact configuration, the car went [email protected] in December 10 2011 with a DA +891 here in Phoenix. You can dig up the details on the Corvette C6 Z06 Fast List if you need further info.

My friend AirBusPilot went [email protected] bone stock on stock tires at Firebird Raceway, also here in Phoenix and detailed on the Fast List.

I'm not posting in your thread to talk about the Z06......I posted to congratulate you on your passes you ran.
I'm sure you have solid 11's in your near future.

COBRA32

Established Member
It’s wrong to compare times on different tracks. One track could be a faster track and as a result you get better times on that track. Your track may be downhill which would make your times faster than his track which may be up hill. That’s why you can never compare track times at different tracks. That’s why it’s called a race when it’s at the same time and same place. You cannot compare times run at different tracks. Just like dyno A could give you higher numbers than dyno B. So you would not compare a car's numbers from dyno A to a car's numbers from dyno B since you know that dyno A gives higher numbers. So if you ran down his track your times could be slower at his track like the other Z06s’ that run at his track.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I'm not posting in your thread to talk about the Z06......I posted to congratulate you on your passes you ran.
Glad you confirmed that, because it sure looks like you were, lol.
Bottomline is that over several passes they ran 119-120 mph (I even saw the red car go 118.x on an earlier pass), and 3-4 mph slower same night, same track.
One of them is even a member on this website.
S.

Last edited:

95SC

Banned
pretty good times for the weather condition and track.I'm sure you will be into 11's no problem shortly.Keep it stock ,trow drag radials and run in fall time when weather gets nice.

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
Glad you confirmed that, because it sure looks like you were, lol.
Bottomline is that over several passes they ran 119-120 mph (I even saw the red car go 118.x on an earlier pass), and 3-4 mph slower same night, same track.
One of them is even a member on this website.
S.

My only comments were directed to when you brought in the two C6 Z06's into your discussion, apparently for comparison's sake. I did not interject the Z06 into the thread, though the discussion surely started moving into that direction.

Keep us posted as your quest for 11's continue :beer:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I did that as a point of reference, because I think it's a pretty good indicator of how these cars run.
I personally think they will trap higher than a C6Z but be limited by the stock tires. They are also significantly faster than the '07-'12 GT500's.
S.

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
I did that as a point of reference, because I think it's a pretty good indicator of how these cars run.
I personally think they will trap higher than a C6Z but be limited by the stock tires. They are also significantly faster than the '07-'12 GT500's.
S.

I have no problem with any of that, or your observations and opinions.
When the 2013's start appearing at the track here in Phoenix, we will see how they perform in reference :beer:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
My car has a CAI and was on drag radials, if you were refering to my car and the 4600 DA comment....therfore it's not bone stock.

In this same exact configuration, the car went [email protected] in December 10 2011 with a DA +891 here in Phoenix. You can dig up the details on the Corvette C6 Z06 Fast List if you need further info.

My friend AirBusPilot went [email protected] bone stock on stock tires at Firebird Raceway, also here in Phoenix and detailed on the Fast List.

Having met FNBADAZ06 personally, and after reading many of his posts on this forum, I can tell you that he is not just another GM blow-hole who thinks Chevy can do no wrong and the Mustang sucks. His posts are always factual and respectful, even when he doesn't agree. I can also tell you that his Z06 is stunning, and he definitely knows how to drive it.

If he says it happened at the track, I have no reason to doubt it.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I have no problem with any of that, or your observations and opinions.
When the 2013's start appearing at the track here in Phoenix, we will see how they perform in reference :beer:

Hmm. I see low 12s maybe high 11s (good driver) for a stock 2013 GT500 here in Phx during the current weather.

Kazsak

Established Member
I film the runs. Look at your z06 fast list, bone stock, the slowest ran at OSW which is the same car that ran in the video, 2006 model. The 2012 z06 owner had a 2008 z06 traded it in and it is driven by father and son and 119 mph is the fastest this year (he didn't run in the cooler weather). We can't compare your data but we can compare same track, same day and approx. same time.

Nobody is saying anything bad of z06. In two years there are no 10s street z06 at osw and (1) trapped over 130 (132 mph, once in three times I saw him) with 580 whp on 18" drag, et 11.0. I have tons of videos of z06s at track and my friend's cam z06 that Dyno 552 whp on Mustang Dyno mustered 126.x in the summer. Now if it was run in great conditions like 40 deg, everybody's trap would go up.

With two runs, 12.0@123 mph is very good. 2009 GTR same day ran 11.x@119 mph with midpipe, Most of us here don't try to go in best weather. We just go have fun and also realize our times will be slower in 90-95 deg heat.

My only comments were directed to when you brought in the two C6 Z06's into your discussion, apparently for comparison's sake. I did not interject the Z06 into the thread, though the discussion surely started moving into that direction.

Keep us posted as your quest for 11's continue :beer:

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
Having met FNBADAZ06 personally, and after reading many of his posts on this forum, I can tell you that he is not just another GM blow-hole who thinks Chevy can do no wrong and the Mustang sucks. His posts are always factual and respectful, even when he doesn't agree. I can also tell you that his Z06 is stunning, and he definitely knows how to drive it.

If he says it happened at the track, I have no reason to doubt it.

Thanks for the kind words, Franz.
Call me or e-mail me about this weekend and going to the Pav's.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread