Eric Vaughn widened Alcoas

TORQJNKY

**UPDATED 1/21/2013 on PG 3**

Received my rear Alcoas back from Eric Vaughn today and thought I would share a few pics. I think they came out great! These were widened from 20x9 to 20x11.5. Tires will be mounted later this week and I will post pics of them installed. :beer:

IMAG0935_zps8ea4e8f2.jpg

IMAG0936_zps87899087.jpg

IMAG0938_zps6e958b1e.jpg

IMAG0937_zpsa16eea30.jpg

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Looks like super clean work! what are you going with for tire and also let us know on fitment

breoland

Established Member
I went with 11.75 and use the 315/30/20 toyo r888 and its close...not sure if by you going with 11.5 if there will be more tire bulge and cause it to rub on the lip of the rear fender
let me know how you make out

GT500662

Established Member
Looks great.....I have the Alcoa's as well, I'm running a 295/35R20 Michelin PSS on the factory 10 inch rim it's flared out from the fender and I'm not real crazy about it, they do hook a lot better than the 275 PSS did and a million times better than GDY did. I'm considering doing this. If you don't mind could you post the company info of who did the work for you!

Speed_Addict

Established Member
I sent my Alcoa's to Eric a couple of weeks ago to be widened to 11.5 also. I'm at stock height and plan on using the 20x10's up front and the 20x11.5's in the rear. Not sure on tires but may do the R888's in 315 in the rear. Keep us posted with pics please.

TORQJNKY

I sent my Alcoa's to Eric a couple of weeks ago to be widened to 11.5 also. I'm at stock height and plan on using the 20x10's up front and the 20x11.5's in the rear. Not sure on tires but may do the R888's in 315 in the rear. Keep us posted with pics please.

Sounds like we are going similar routes. I put the 20x10s up front with 275/35-20 MPSS tires. My car is lowered, so we will see what happens once I get them mounted.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Thanks Iceman! The car goes back next month for complete dismantle & strip down. Block sand the factory paint flat ( un-orange peel it ), painted stripes, & then many coats of quality clear applied.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
What was Eric's lead time for these?
I had him narrow a set of '03 Cobra wheels about 2-years ago for me, and it took him several months to get them done. Granted, he had a number of issues at that point in time, but it sort of offset the fantastic work that he does.
S.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Snoopy, Eric did mine also & uses a new aluminum 20" wheel back w/ aluminum weld. Nothing to corrode. Snorman, mine were done in 3 weeks. He might be further behind now cuz of all the new Alcoa's out.

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

TORQJNKY, What measures were taken to fight corrosion on the new welded in section?

Cool Cobra said it, it's aluminum to aluminum. I may mask it off and put a few coats of clear over it myself.

What was Eric's lead time for these?
I had him narrow a set of '03 Cobra wheels about 2-years ago for me, and it took him several months to get them done. Granted, he had a number of issues at that point in time, but it sort of offset the fantastic work that he does.
S.

Mine took right at 4 weeks door to door but I sent them out over the Christmas holidays.

Snoopy, Eric did mine also & uses a new aluminum 20" wheel back w/ aluminum weld. Nothing to corrode. Snorman, mine were done in 3 weeks. He might be further behind now cuz of all the new Alcoa's out.

This ^^^ :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread