2000R Tranny Fluid

Ruslow

Established Member
I know this is NOT recommended by the manufactures but it works.temps are down an easy 20-30 degrees and longivity is up.This is NOT for drag racing or someone who wants a super fast shift!
I use 0-20 or 0-30 M1 it has obvoiusly better lube properties than atf or even the snycro fluid BUT it does slow your shift down.have run it for 2 years in the current R and run it for 5 years in my other tremec car.No issues what so ever.But like I said the shift will slow down because of the better lube properties.Stan

Saleenrose

Established Member
Having shifting problems after several laps, I am looking to try a aftermarket fluid with a foam inhibitor to see if that helps, I can report back after that.

TFStang

Established Member
Royal Purple Syncromax.

Just changed it a few months back before the open track event at VIR.

Also did the rear end at the same time with Royal Purple 75/90 fluid.

Royal Purple Manual Transmission Fluid

I may end up doing the Royal Purple as well. WHere is the drain plug for the rear located? I was under the car today and saw the fill plug, but didn't see a drain plug.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I may end up doing the Royal Purple as well. WHere is the drain plug for the rear located? I was under the car today and saw the fill plug, but didn't see a drain plug.

I undid one of the hose fittings for my diff cooler, towards the bottom of the cover to make sure we got all of it out, so we did not use the drain hole. The plug should be right there, about half way up on the cover.

TFStang

Established Member
Anyone running Mobil1 ATF? Do you have to change out the RP or Mobil1 more often than if you used the stock recommended ATF?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Chris, here is a pic of my rear end cover, with the lower hose to the diff cooler and pump:

HPIM0494.gif

And you can barely see the fill hole here behind the temp switch:

HPIM0495.gif

JoeJ

Established Member
I also use Royal Purple Synchromax in the transmission and Royal Purple Max-Gear 75/140 in the rear end. I have a Torsen T2R limited slip. No friction additive required with the Max-Gear. I use Mobil 1 15/50 motor oil.

Last edited:

racer91m

Established Member
We run Mobil 1 ATF in all our racecars (roadrace). It's by far the best fluid for a Ford / Tremec box....

-Dean

Users who are viewing this thread