Sold a busted up/rusted TH400..

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
never heard of this guy, and idk what you paid, but it might be worth it for you and mr th400 take a road to this guy and beat some sense into him, or throw that tranny thru his windshield ahahah.. but seriously, hioepfully u get tht resolved

Trav40111

Banned
I knew the shop sounded familiar.. They are one of the big shops out in Tampa.. I just talked to a handful of my customers out there, who know Luis, and know the shop.

Travis

RussZTT

Established Member
Oh, you edited your post with all the info after I made my post. Before you just had the mad red face and that was it. That sucks man, have you contacted the seller yet?

Trav40111

Banned
Yeah.. I accidentally posted it without any info at first.. lol..

I went back and edited/added in the info/pics.

I have called and left messages, plus sent a message.. I haven't heard anything back yet. I will give him the benefit of doubt for a few days..

Travis

RussZTT

Established Member
Yeah.. I accidentally posted it without any info at first.. lol..

I went back and edited/added in the info/pics.

I have called and left messages, plus sent a message.. I haven't heard anything back yet. I will give him the benefit of doubt for a few days..

Travis
Yeah, that is best. Alot of people tend to jump on a board to drag the seller through the mud. Just keep all the emails/PM's that you send, give him a few days to get back in touch with you.

Trav40111

Banned
No doubt.. Like I said.. I'll give him a few days, and the benefit of doubt before I take action. This may be a misunderstanding, but, it needs to be taken care of, regardless.

Travis

Trav40111

Banned
That's fine by me.. I hold no grudge, as long as this is taken care of.

I have talked to about a dozen guys in his area, and they all say that he is a good guy, so, we'll see how this pans out. I just don't see how he could have let it ship like that.. I would NEVER ship a trans boxed up like he did.. and the rust is something else..

Anyway.. I hope he makes it right..

Travis

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
hey i just saw this and pm'd him back. after you read the pm let me know what you would like to do.

you called me once yesterday i believe and sent me one pm correct? so lets not act like you have been calling me and pming me for days without a response.

plus you just recieved this yesterday didnt you? thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt and not waiting a day for a response.

once agin read the pm i sent you and we can go from there. i apologize for this mishap but i will make it right. it also does not help you jumping the gun and posting this on many websites to get your point across and making it seem like i am not responding or dodging you. be patient and professional and we can get alot farther that way.

thanks and once again im sorry

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
hey i just saw this and pm'd him back. after you read the pm let me know what you would like to do.

you called me once yesterday i believe and sent me one pm correct? so lets not act like you have been calling me and pming me for days without a response.

plus you just recieved this yesterday didnt you? thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt and not waiting a day for a response.

once agin read the pm i sent you and we can go from there. i apologize for this mishap but i will make it right. it also does not help you jumping the gun and posting this on many websites to get your point across and making it seem like i am not responding or dodging you. be patient and professional and we can get alot farther that way.

thanks and once again im sorry

I'm glad it was a misunderstanding.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
That is no way to pack a transmission! Sounds like the seller is a stand up guy and will make it right though. Good luck.

Trav40111

Banned
I called and left a message with someone at your shop.. who told me that you would call me back yesterday. I also called your cell, and sent you a message.

I think I'm being pretty easy going about this situation.. I haven't flipped out, or done anything out of the ordinary. I was pretty angry when I found this trans in the condition that it's in.. so, maybe my post was made in haste, but, it was professional, and to the point. At the same time, I said that I would give you the benefit of doubt, before taking any further action. I don't hold grudges, Luis, and if this gets taken care of, I will delete the info in this thread. If you notice, I didn't put your name or screen name in the thread topic.. I did that for a reason.

I did post on TR to try and get your attention.. However, I did so in your vendor section, as to not attract unwanted attention.. I could have posted it elsewhere, but I didn't. Again, I'm not trying to make a huge stink here.. I just want this resolved.

I'll read your PM, and let you know something..

Travis

Last edited:

Trav40111

Banned
I'm sure he mentioned it but you do know that the jw bell is what holds the front pump inplace like on a pg

Yeah.. I know.. I just don't understand why you would package it like that in the first place. It should have been shipped on the pallet, with the bell housing in place.

Travis

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
I called and left a message with someone at your shop.. who told me that you would call me back yesterday. I also called your cell, and sent you a message.

I think I'm being pretty easy going about this situation.. I haven't flipped out, or done anything out of the ordinary. I was pretty angry when I found this trans in the condition that it's in.. so, maybe my post was made in haste, but, it was professional, and to the point. At the same time, I said that I would give you the benefit of doubt, before taking any further action. I don't hold grudges, Luis, and if this gets taken care of, I will delete the info in this thread. If you notice, I didn't put your name or screen name in the thread topic.. I did that for a reason.

I did post on TR to try and get your attention.. However, I did so in your vendor section, as to not attract unwanted attention.. I could have posted it elsewhere, but I didn't. Again, I'm not trying to make a huge stink here.. I just want this resolved.

I'll read your PM, and let you know something..

Travis

i have been at home under the weather so i never made it to the shop yesterday or today. ill talk with the guys about passing on the info as that was not your fault.

theres no sense in deleting this now that is has been made, its too late to go back on anything now. i think we could have handled this through pms and then if i was being shady or wrong bash all you want.

now all you can do is post the end result in me either

A. making this right or
B. not making it right.

you may have not had the intentions to flippin out or taking further action but by making a thread about it you did. like i said you didnt even give me a day to reply to you. you started making threads the same day you got the trans and sent me a pm and gave me a phone call.

either way it is what it is and we'll get it settled and move on. i have no hard feelings either, let this be a learning lesson for all of us.

get me that info Travis and ill take care of it asap. thanks

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
Glad to see things getting worked out.... Luis is a very stand up guy... i bought a set of heads from him and he took very good care of me. even went as far as delivering them to coastal for me.

I would vouch for him in a heartbeat

Users who are viewing this thread