Finally! Pics of SN95 COBRA with Race Stars/ Greg Welds.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Well i had been searching for a long time to find pics of a SN95 cobra (94-98) with 17x4.5 race stars with 185x55x17 M&H Racemaster tires on it but never could, only New Edge and S197s. So i bought them and here is what they look like on my 97 Pacific Green Cobra, Enjoy.

The rears are 15x8 WELD Alumastar 2.0 wheels with 5'BS with Mickey Thompson 26x10x15 ET Drags

D4B644EB-orig.jpg

F5317A91-orig.jpg

DFC7E76E-orig.jpg

12E7BF9E-orig.jpg

75FE1EA2-orig.jpg

07A02936-orig.jpg

Last edited:

pacific4v

Established Member
Looks good. Thanks for posting because I am also considering getting a set of 17" and 15" race stars for my pacific green too, except Im thinking about going with a 28" tall rear tire. I was also thinking about having the spokes and centers painted gloss black and leaving just the outer lip polished. That would look good on your car since the top is black.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Looks good. Thanks for posting because I am also considering getting a set of 17" and 15" race stars for my pacific green too, except Im thinking about going with a 28" tall rear tire. I was also thinking about having the spokes and centers painted gloss black and leaving just the outer lip polished. That would look good on your car since the top is black.

thanks, but im gona keep them polished. i think black wheels take away from the look of the wheel all togeather.i did it with my 98 cobra vert i had and that car was blacked out. it looks neat for a little bit but just gets old.

plus my motor, supercharger and aftercooler are blacked out. only thing i need to do now it the valve covers to match it all.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Nice. Now it's ready for some serious track times.

Yep, only need the poly race seat mount from Holcomb Motorsports now and i will be all set. the wheels and tires have droped 102 LBS off the weight of the car from my last best time back in september (8th). i also droped my sway bar (14lbs) front bumper support and fog lights (16lbs) but left the impact bars. the rear dog bone (6lbs), the lower portion of the back seat (15lbs) passenger sear (46lbs) replaced driver seat with race seat (36lbs). in the spring i would like to go to a Team Z front end with coil overs and drop another 70lbs off the front!

i also whent to a stock V8 rear spring (-1 coil) and adjustable STEEDA upper arms so i can set pinion angle. With better air come november/December i would like to see some 121-123 traps and if i can get a good 60ft in the 1.60 range ill be getting the boot from Atco from lack of a roll bar!

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
Yep, only need the poly race seat mount from Holcomb Motorsports now and i will be all set. the wheels and tires have droped 102 LBS off the weight of the car from my last best time back in september (8th). i also droped my sway bar (14lbs) front bumper support and fog lights (16lbs) but left the impact bars. the rear dog bone (6lbs), the lower portion of the back seat (15lbs) passenger sear (46lbs) replaced driver seat with race seat (36lbs). in the spring i would like to go to a Team Z front end with coil overs and drop another 70lbs off the front!

i also whent to a stock V8 rear spring (-1 coil) and adjustable STEEDA upper arms so i can set pinion angle. With better air come november/December i would like to see some 121-123 traps and if i can get a good 60ft in the 1.60 range ill be getting the boot from Atco from lack of a roll bar!

Damn 102lbs just in wheels n tires :rockon:

Cant wait to see some times.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Damn 102lbs just in wheels n tires :rockon:

Cant wait to see some times.

my 03-04 replicas with 315 toyo DR weighed 60lb a piece. the rear welds and MT slick weigh 30lbs a piece so that 60lbs in rotating mass. fronts weighed 56.2 lbs and the Greg Weld weighed 35.2 lbs a piece so 42lbs off the front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread