Do not buy from "nightwing"

MGC

Established Member
He has a powder coat gun on here for sale for $65.00, I pm'd him and sent paypal. It's been a month now since and no item and the seller won't respond to pm's. I've disputed it with paypal, just letting them forum know not to deal with this guy.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Too many scammers lately wtf. Good luck with the dispute.

kingnut

Established Member
OP will get his 65 bucks back. make sure you pay PAYPAL when doing online deals. its your best chance for recourse.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not another scammer thread..

There have been 3 or 4 the last week. Ridiculous

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm not telling you how to run this railroad, but other forums require pics with the part off and a sign containing forum name, your name and date. Guys get pretty creative with their signs so it's fun too.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'm not telling you how to run this railroad, but other forums require pics with the part off and a sign containing forum name, your name and date. Guys get pretty creative with their signs so it's fun too.
I think this type of stuff should become mandatory here.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I think this type of stuff should become mandatory here.

Also you had to buy into the forum (20 bucks) to use the fs section. Skin in the game is a wonderful thing. Reason why the founding fathers required voters to be property owners.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I like everything everyone has said in this thread. I agree on having some type of system that has a higher level of accountability for the sellers and buyers

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Can't agree more! Besides, I think scammers should be banned fron the F/S section if there is reasonable proof of maldoing. :burn:

If they are scammers they should be banned from the entire site, not just the F/S section

BladeX10

Established Member
I agree with the above. There has to be a better selling/buying system here. WAY too many people are getting ripped off for my comfort. An old popular forum i used to go on had a system where if the seller has less feedback than buyer, the seller sends first and if the item checks out, the buyer sends the money or if its a higher dollar item, they had a couple reliable middle men on different parts of the U.S where both buyer and seller send items to them and then they check out item and send the buyer their package and seller their money.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

I don't see how that helps.

If people are scamming it's easy to write a fake name on a piece of cardboard just as easy.

Zemedici

Established Member

If people are scamming it's easy to write a fake name on a piece of cardboard just as easy.

Yes but it keeps the person from taking shots of parts from other websites/forums and implying that is their part.

Sorry ya got flamed buddy hope you get your money back.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member

It's not a fail-safe plan, but if the dishonest seller didn't even have the part, it would be more difficult. I know there's photoshop and what not, but it's not a horrible idea. I if a buyer asked me to do this, I'd be fine with it.

A 2$ fee or something to create a for sale add wouldn't be the end of the world either. It might deterred some scammers.

Users who are viewing this thread